Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

UK people - how long until something is available on BBC iPlayer? Looks like "We R Superstars" was played on Pete Tong's show again within the last 30 minutes. Someone needs to listen back, see if he said anything that confirms this one way or the other and then close this mess of a thread if it's not her!! :lol::lol:

KAzbs.jpg

No one finds it's strange that even Radio 1 labels it as "ID" (which means unknown artist in the music world) ?!? If it was supposed to just be Sander Kleneinberg's new track then why the hell BBC Radio 1 would label it as unknown artist ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045qc4w

Here's last night Pete Tong show. Fast forward to 36:00, that's where We-R-Superstar starts.

Now if you listen to what Pete Tong says in the beginning of the track, it's again A FINAL EVIDENCE THAT IT IS NOT MADONNA!

"So last summer I did a gig with the guy behind this track, etc…"

It's direct confirmation that Pete Tong knows the artist, who is a GUY, but he is not allowed to tell.

Well I'm sure some of you will argue that Madonna is a guy and he did a gig with Pete Tong last summer…

EDIT: Sorry, actually it was Danny Howard, who did the show last night, but it still doesn't change what was said.

Here is the gig he was referring to: http://eventful.com/events/hard-rock-sofa-sander-kleinenberg-danny-howard-epica-47-/E0-001-058457442-0

Edited by DanM

Here's last night Pete Tong show. Fast forward to 36:00, that's where We-R-Superstar starts.

Now if you listen to what Pete Tong says in the beginning of the track, it's again A FINAL EVIDENCE THAT IT IS NOT MADONNA!

It's direct confirmation that Pete Tong knows the artist, who is a GUY, but he is not allowed to tell.

Well I'm sure some of you will argue that Madonna is a guy and he did a gig with Pete Tong last summer…

EDIT: Sorry, actually it was Danny Howard, who did the show last night, but it still doesn't change what was said.

Here is the gig he was referring to: http://eventful.com/events/hard-rock-sofa-sander-kleinenberg-danny-howard-epica-47-/E0-001-058457442-0

Couldn't the GUY be Avicii?

I've just realized that the original Billboard article was written by Matt Medved, who according to his Twitter is Billboard's Electric/Dance writer (freelance I think), which would add credence to this being just a DJ a la Sander Kleinenberg. :(

What a SWIZZ!

What a bizarre marketing strategy though - Billboard should have fanned the flames before this spiraled out of control. They didn't have to reveal exactly who it was, but they could at least put out a quick Tweet saying something like "this is a DJ, not an artist".

And BEGGED for the clip? Really? Dance LEGEND? Mystery SUPERSTAR? Withholding his name in the first place? Favoriting only Madonna-related Tweets? :rotfl: How very, very ODD.

Oh well, we'll see next week for sure. I still maintain it's a great track and would be a smash hit for whoever.

And 61 pages (including 36 in the first thread) HAS to be an MNation record for discussion about a (if it turns out to be) a non-Madonna song!

I've just realized that the original Billboard article was written by Matt Medved, who according to his Twitter is Billboard's Electric/Dance writer (freelance I think), which would add credence to this being just a DJ a la Sander Kleinenberg. :(

What a SWIZZ!

What a bizarre marketing strategy though - Billboard should have really fanned the flames before this spiraled out of control. They didn't have to reveal exactly who it was, but they could at least put out a quick Tweet saying something like "this is a DJ, not an artist".

And BEGGED for the clip? Really? Dance LEGEND? Mystery SUPERSTAR? Withholding his name in the first place? Favoriting only Madonna-related Tweets? :rotfl: How very, very ODD.

Oh well, we'll see next week for sure. I still maintain it's a great track and would be a smash hit for whoever.

And 61 pages (including 36 in the first thread) HAS to be an MNation record for discussion about a (if it turns out to be) a non-Madonna song!

Are you having a laugh? It's been pretty obvious for the last week or so, since Kleinenberg was REVEALED as the artist, that the majority of us knew this had shit all to do with Madonna.

Again, Billboard can post whatever they like. It's not up to them to respond to the crazed rantings of ANY artist's fanbase.

Are you having a laugh? It's been pretty obvious for the last week or so, since Kleinenberg was REVEALED as the artist, that the majority of us knew this had shit all to do with Madonna.

Again, Billboard can post whatever they like. It's not up to them to respond to the crazed rantings of ANY artist's fanbase.

Actually, no, they can't just post anything they want. Billboard is supposed to be a legitimate music industry news source, not FOX News. All the words they used to describe this "artist" was a veiled reference to Madonna, or at the very least, a Superstar. The description, in no way, describes that idiot DJ.

As has been discussed above, YES THEY CAN. They didn't say it was Madonna. End.

They never said it was Madonna, they did call that idiot DJ a Superstar and a legend. That is a lie. Billboard CAN print ANYTHING they want, but they CAN'T LIE and not lose their credibility.

We've been through all this before. In the world of DANCE MUSIC, a DJ CAN be a superstar. Tiesto is considered a superstar. The guy who wrote the Billboard piece, who's an electronic dance journalist/reporter may well think that Kleinenberg is a legend and yeah EVEN IF they did deliberately drop hints that it was someone else to hype up the track... so what? The same publication cites KATY PERRY as The Queen of Pop. Personal opinion and subjectivity are an everyday part of what passes for journalism these days.

They've not fiddled the charts or fixed the boxscores. they've posted a silly little tidbit that certain people have taken and run with. Please don't blame Billboard for others gullibility.

What does it prove ? That the track is made by a guy ? Nothing new, we already know it's probably produced by Avicii or Kleinenberg himself. Also why do every medias who know what it's about keep it secret ? Billboard doesn't wanna reveal who's track it is and Radio one keeps keep on labeling it as "unknown artist", while both are in the know. It makes no sense to me.

Guest HaveASit

When Billboard first posted it, was it a highlighted article or just something that people found by exploring the site?

What does it prove ? That the track is made by a guy ? Nothing new, we already know it's probably produced by Avicii or Kleinenberg himself. Also why do every medias who know what it's about keep it secret ? Billboard doesn't wanna reveal who's track it is and Radio one keeps keep on labeling it as "unknown artist", while both are in the know. It makes no sense to me.

It's called creating a buzz, that's all. It's a dance track, that's what they do. I understand that you love the track and you think it's Madonna but every day there's something else pointing to it not being her.

We've been through all this before. In the world of DANCE MUSIC, a DJ CAN be a superstar. Tiesto is considered a superstar. The guy who wrote the Billboard piece, who's an electronic dance journalist/reporter may well think that Kleinenberg is a legend and yeah EVEN IF they did deliberately drop hints that it was someone else to hype up the track... so what? The same publication cites KATY PERRY as The Queen of Pop. Personal opinion and subjectivity are an everyday part of what passes for journalism these days.

They've not fiddled the charts or fixed the boxscores. they've posted a silly little tidbit that certain people have taken and run with. Please don't blame Billboard for others gullibility.

What the hell!? Do you work at Billboard!? Why are you up their fucking ass!? That DJ is not a Superstar even in that shitastic definition of a Superstar. LIE, LIE, LIE. They knew exactly what they were doing. LIE.

What the hell!? Do you work at Billboard!? Why are you up their fucking ass!? That DJ is not a Superstar even in that shitastic definition of a Superstar. LIE, LIE, LIE. They knew exactly what they were doing. LIE.

:dramatic:

Billboard and Rolling Stone used to be reliable but now both have no credibility. People can form their own views on who they think they are referring to, but don't think Billboard are honourable or worry about details etc. The unfortunate way media and news is today. Anything goes.

Preston, i am with you...we'll be having the last laugh when the real artist behind the track (Madonna) Will be revealed. They just don't get it. Can't really do anything about it. Go check what Anna Hestridge said on popjustice in January 2014 ;) she also posted something On June 9 recently

Oh dear, i feel so stupid! As Lord is my witness, will never believe in a song until it's official. As long is my witness, nor me or my family will be cheated by some stupid journo. As long is my witness, i will never be stupid again!

scarlettohara.jpg

Preston, i am with you...we'll be having the last laugh when the real artist behind the track (Madonna) Will be revealed. They just don't get it. Can't really do anything about it. Go check what Anna Hestridge said on popjustice in January 2014 ;) she also posted something On June 9 recently

What she posted?

Oh dear, i feel so stupid! As Lord is my witness, will never believe in a song until it's official. As long is my witness, nor me or my family will be cheated by some stupid journo. As long is my witness, i will never be stupid again!

scarlettohara.jpg

:lmao:

Karbatal, in keeping with the Scarlett O'hara theme, if the writer from Billboard is misleading you, you can do this to him.

Gone-With-The-Wind_gif-vivien-leigh-2656

It's really not fair of you to set people up for a fall like that...and on purpose too. Not nice! :noway:

Kim

My DARLING

My HERO

My SAVIOUR

Annihilating everyone & anyone (particularly the INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED) in this thread.

Love it babe. Keep it at it! :clap:

MY SVENGALI :wow:

It's really not fair of you to set people up for a fall like that...and on purpose too. Not nice! :noway:

Whaaaat? Forgive us for having a DIFFERENT opinion sir ;) Some People are just too blind to see. Sometimes things are not really what they seem...that's what I am saying ;). Madonna it is. I am 100% sure! Anna in January said that we would be playing the guessing game this Spring ;)))