Katy Perry on Madonna: ‘She’s still very relevant’

M_Sinner

It ain't gonna happen

Kylie will have to do with this :fag:

Madonna-Kylie-Minogue-Getty-600x450.jpg

S_635140664391943701.jpg

PD1100869@Madonna,-wearing-a-Ky-3836.jpg

this was such an iconic performance, I remember how shocked I was how young and fresh she looked she looked much younger than in 1998, I think birth made her youthful again

Well, if i was asked about Madonna I wouldn't have to tell about her age or if she's relevant. I think Katy Perry is dumb. Full stop

Katy voiced out what needed to be voiced out, the truth that people does not want to admit: Madonna is old in the pop/music industry, and she's still relevant. Media and cult fans everywhere are saying she's irrelevant anymore and is trying to ignore and wipe her accomplishments. Katy saying Madonna is still relevant is a slap in the face to all the naysayers. Because whether they admit it or not, the fact that she's mentioned in almost all pop princesses interview means she's very well relevant

Didn't radio 4 just recently say they would play Madonna because shes old for their audience? In our society, women are through at 40. female pop stars are done at 30. I think its important to mention Madonna's age - being 55 potent, sexual and the younger generations biggest competition is really saying something.

She gained weight. I think she was sooo beautiful after she gave birth to Rocco. In fact, i was a bit surprised at how much she changed with WIFLFAG. And only because she lost weight. At the end of the DWT she didin't look so good.

XXL, i read that. I think that Katy is dumb, sorry. Don't think she was implying anything to critics.

But i think she has great tunes, though. And that she will be one of the few still standing in the future (unless she goes and marries and leaves music, because that's something she would do).

XXL, i read that. I think that Katy is dumb, sorry. Don't think she was implying anything to critics.

But i think she has great tunes, though. And that she will be one of the few still standing in the future (unless she goes and marries and leaves music, because that's something she would do).

And I DO THINK that Katy is dumb. And ugly

OK :D

At least we have beautiful, intelligent, talented Kelly to hold in higher regard

I mean it's such a contradiction for you to pronounce that about Katy simply because she said "at her age" :lol:

I don't think you got what she meant, anyway .....

Karbatal, Katy has been there done that. Apparently one of the main reasons her marriage to Russell Brand broke up, was her devotion to touring and her career. Shame they split, I loved them together. :shy:

russell_brand_katy_perry_3.jpg

Karbatal, Katy has been there done that. Apparently one of the main reasons her marriage to Russell Brand broke up, was her devotion to touring and her career. Shame they split, I loved them together. :shy:

russell_brand_katy_perry_3.jpg

She's too pretty for that guy :lol:

I don't want Madonna to work with KYlie, please... They are in soooo different leagues.

And i DO THINK that Katy is dumb. And ugly.

(but i confess that is one of the few new pop princesses that i like, haha)

This is a JOKE, right? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"#unapologeticbitch singer"?

Yes, this. When I first read that phrase I thought "did I miss something?" :lol:

And what Katy said about M was not a dig at her AT ALL. And yes, she did have to bring age into this because age is what makes Madonna's career post 1998 (let's say) even more impressive. Would it have been just as impressive if Madonna had the highest grossing tour of the year at age 32, at the peak of her career and popularity? I personally doubt it. Just because someone mentions Madonna's age doesn't mean it's always as criticism.

Yes, this. When I first read that phrase I thought "did I miss something?" :lol:

And what Katy said about M was not a dig at her AT ALL. And yes, she did have to bring age into this because age is what makes Madonna's career post 1998 (let's say) even more impressive. Would it have been just as impressive if Madonna had the highest grossing tour of the year at age 32, at the peak of her career and popularity? I personally doubt it. Just because someone mentions Madonna's age doesn't mean it's always as criticism.

agree... i didn't get any ageist vibe in that statement...

The "at the age she is" quote was immediately and initially a bit of an eye sore BUT I absolutely believe (not think) it was meant in a 100% complimentary way. She easily could've made her point just as effectively minus ("for her age"). Why not just focus on how difficult it is (esp. for woman in the music biz) to have sustained this kind of relevancy for 'this long' (people would know what she meant) like Madonna has and shut up..leave it at that! lol. I agree with others here, if it was a man, age would NOT even be brought up or even thought about. Would be all about kissing their ass (MJ, Prince, McCartney, Springsteen, U2 etc etc..consistently get) over their brilliance, legacy, influence and catalog. All substance. W/ women esp. Madonna unintentionally or not, there always has to be a talking point or hint over all the shallow shit versus the 'true point' Katy basically nailed except for going there.

OH god, phone numbers for crystal wavers and healers? GOOD LOCK with that. The numbers you really need are for her personal trainer and closest Hard Candy gym.

You would KILL to get the phone numbers of Madonna's crystal wavers and healers!

It's was right around 1998 w/ ROL when she was around 40 that overnight her age became a 100x bigger deal vs. when MJ, Mccartney, Prince and endless other A list male singers did lol. That's when people/ the media overnight started declaring M an icon, queen of pop etc..not such due to the brilliance and response to ROL but the fact that she was turning 40 and was more on top of her game than ever. Same thing happened with Music and kind of sorta COAD. People loved the music but fixated on how she keeps putting out hits and staying relevant..."even at 40 something" or whatever. It was a complimentary but equally very patronizing time.

:lol: ???

What are you rambling on about dear? You're cleverer than that Karbie! Katy meant no harm with that and it's not a gaffe either. She just said that Madonna is bigger than ever in her mid 50s, can you blame her only because she mentioned Madonna's age or "at her age" whatever ....?

It's clear Katy is making an obvious remark as much as it's obvious that she's just relating a story about how happy she is for having been part of that shoot with Madonna and being handed advise from someone who can only contribute a great deal of advice to any 30 year old professional in any field and oops Katy also happens to be a successful singer travelling the world like Madonna has for the past 30 odd years

Besides saying Katy is dumb is a bit rich coming from a Kylie fan, don't you think?

tumblr_m3ubjwGH7A1r61ow4.gif

Edited by mnino

I took it from fake christian Katy that she was not taking a jab at M age. From the little I know from this manufactured pop star, she probably admires M.

I have to say that for me personally, it continues to be sad M has chosen to work with Katy, Miley, & Nicki Minaj. I did not mind M.I.A because she is much more original & creative than these pop stars who's fan bases are mostly teens & in their early twenties.

I think it is ageism when people say M should not work with younger people. So she should only work with Cher or Mariah? It's great, for me, she's working with them because it breaks the stereotype that old people cannot blend with younger people. I like M embracing the current trends because it shows she's aware of the times and is not an old lady stuck to her past 20 years only, like most old people out there.

This was such an iconic performance, I remember how shocked I was how young and fresh she looked she looked much younger than in 1998, I think birth made her youthful again

We have to thank Rocco for that :gent:

And yes, she looked stunning (Brixton and Roseland too of course, what a year that was)

Plus one of her finest music moments

What Katy said about M was not a dig at her AT ALL. And yes, she did have to bring age into this because age is what makes Madonna's career post 1998 (let's say) even more impressive. Would it have been just as impressive if Madonna had the highest grossing tour of the year at age 32, at the peak of her career and popularity? I personally doubt it. Just because someone mentions Madonna's age doesn't mean it's always as criticism.

This