Katy Perry on Madonna: ‘She’s still very relevant’

M_Sinner

Go Katy. I see a lot of early Madonna in her and I'm sure Madge does too. Karbs! Katy is not dumb or ugly. She shows more personality, knowing self-awareness and humour in any one random stage monologue than THAT THING above has shown in her entire "career".

OH god, phone numbers for crystal wavers and healers? GOOD LOCK with that. The numbers you really need are for her personal trainer and closest Hard Candy gym.

You do realise that the 'healers' Madonna recommended actually absorb the youth out of pop bitches and is transferred into Queendonna keeping her looking like the ever perfection is, right? Also known as the DEMONNA KISS OF DEATH.

Guest bluejean

Well, if i was asked about Madonna i wouldn't have to tell about her age or if she's relevant. I think Katy Perry is dumb. Full stop.

Would anybody say the same about U2 members? Or Sting? "Oh, at the age that he is, he's still relevant". NOPE, people would say just how great they are, how much they influence people, etc, etc.

Well no, because they just stand there and sing/play instruments. I saw U2 some years ago in concert and they were lifeless.

Madonna has the energy of someone in their 20's.

I can't speak for everyone else but Mick Jagger blows my mind. He's old. And he has so much energy. Same with Prince although like Madonna it's easy to forget he's quite old.

Guest SecretGarden

I think Katy is sweet and all, but I do get tired of people complementing Madonna by saying she's a great "business woman" and "manipulator"; while those things may be true, her biggest talent is her creativity in the studio and as a performer, it's time people give her more props for her artistry and musicianship as opposed to her "marketing skills".

On what planet is Katy ugly?

Katy is gorgeous!

What are you talking about, don't you ever put Katy next to Kelly!!! I mean Kelly is intelligent, Katy is obviously dumb. The first thing people think when you say Kelly is INTELLIGENCE. And as for beauty? Come on Hector, :manson: you know better than that!! Kelly is pure beauty sunshine, it doesn't even compare!! There I've said it, Katy Perry is UGLY & DUMB :americanlife:

Here's the picture of beauty for your my dear Hector

image-1-for-coleen-money-your-life-12-10

:rotfl:

I mean, of all the arguments one could find against a Madonna and Katy collabo, Katy being ugly or dumb or both is the least plausible one, especially if you're into Kylie Minogue LOL

t8wykx.jpgr8ijnq.jpgfz54w1.jpg

she looks fine and ain't ASHAMED to go makeupless unlike MJ and that whore Christina Aguwho when those clowns were alive

Oh Hector, you're lovely, but how can one compare Katy to MJ? If she messed with her face like that, she surely would be reluctant to show herself without make-up anywhere too.

I really don't think Katy's good-looking, obviously that's just my personal opinion though and since this is an highly unimportant topic anyway, I don't have any problem with anyone disagreeing on that. She certainly is a beauty next to this Australian thing though (who even said THAT one was good-looking?), but then again so is a smashed plastic bag.

I know that these type of comments are meant to be compliments but they always come across wrong in my opinion. It goes without saying that Madonna is relevant. When you voice it like this it just sounds like you're trying to convince people of an unpopular belief or something. Madonna IS relevant, no need to mention it when everyone already knows it!

Why is it wrong to dislike Katy, though? (if one's not a Kylie fan)

I don't think there's anything wrong with disliking Katy, whether you're a Kylie fan or not :thumbsup:

The only thing some posters were pointing out is that it's a bit ridiculous to classify Katy as ugly and dumb when you're a Kylie fan. Since Kylie is not beautiful nor intelligent. She's OK looks wise and as for intelligence, eloquence or actual talent/vision/artistry, well let's not go there

There you go :fag:

I don't want Madonna to work with KYlie, please... They are in soooo different leagues.

And i DO THINK that Katy is dumb. And ugly

(but i confess that is one of the few new pop princesses that i like, haha)

There's still no context to this quote anyway. In a discussion about longevity in the music business, of course Katy would refer to Madonna's age because it IS highly unusual for a woman approaching 60 to still have such out and out Star Power (regardless of chart positions or whatever) Oh and.....

Kylie is vacant and dumb as a box of hair and GROSS!

5kylie31.jpg

:rotfl:

I know that these type of comments are meant to be compliments but they always come across wrong in my opinion. It goes without saying that Madonna is relevant. When you voice it like this it just sounds like you're trying to convince people of an unpopular belief or something. Madonna IS relevant, no need to mention it when everyone already knows it!

Eh, us, Madonna fans, sure, we don't need that. But in the real world people do think that Madonna is irrelevant (or at least they hate to admit that she is relevant). I basically feel like a hipster for liking Madonna cause no one around me is a fan. I actually never met a true Madonna fan in person :lol: