Happy Birthday Re-Invention Tour!

the RIT is 10 years old today :clap: :clap: damn how time flies! i remember being super excited for The Beast Within and Vogue and NKM

I know this tour is not really loved on this board but i personally really like it! feel free to share your experience if you attended any of the shows.

here's the full Lisbon show although we never got a DVD :(

this is the original sketch made by Lacroix for the first section ( the back-up singers still kept this look during the first set of songs)

720281ebcee2cb4fdb8b79f3337d0c95.jpg

i guess M was not comfortable dancing with such a wig and she ended up not wearing it

BUT

she revamped the original Vogue's look and corset during her birthday bash in France in summer 2013 :)

Marie-Antoinette-Madonna.jpg

blog190813_cake.jpg

Thanks for posting. So many songs I enjoyed hearing during this tour……The Beast Within, Nobody Knows Me, Frozen, Lament, Nothing Fails, Don't Tell Me, Mother & Father, Bedtime Stories, Music, etc!! Also, many iconic hits for those who prefer her eighties & early nineties songs.

Maddiva!! is she still around? you don't see her anymore

Yeah actually was sitting with Madiva at the MDNA screening in NY last year!

Yup she's totally still around. Now, rocking the MDNA Transgression sections and Celebration outfits! She looked great.

Access Hollywood's Pat O'Brien talks to Madonna after the Re-Invention Tour opener in LA.

This is the only time aside from Blond Ambition that Madonna's done a TV interview the very night her tour opened? Am I right?

I attended two shows. And, I must admit- I got a little teary-eyed the first time, hearing and seeing her perform songs she hadn't done in more than a decade.

It may not be her best tour, but it had enough highlights to be memorable.

IJd7HR7.jpg

Edited by LHakaLH

cool to know.

this thread is a flop nobody cares about RIT :(

You Hurt My Feelings

tumblr_inline_myuqzoS0Sg1rlobmo.gif

nobody cares about RIT?!

what about "Celebrate The Re-Invention Tour's Anniversary!" @ MADONNA.COM ?! :shy: :shy: :shy:

damn...

Amazing tour! The first time she brought in a dance pit for the fans, The Beast Within Opening the show, THE ICONIC Vogue performance, the first time she did Crazy For You in ages. Loved the Music and Holiday performances. I could have done without the John Lennon cover.

^ Ha! I got that email from madonna.com wishing Re-Invention a happy birthday (and flogging those el-cheapo tshirts in the process)

Anyway Happy Birthday my darling misunderstood RIT! An actual real rare "concert" experience in the Madonna live cannon. Ten years already...

Happy birthday! I love this tour since it had less decorations but the performances, songs, and choreography was great. And yes to the awesome CFY and PDP at the end of the show.

Was surprised to receive an email from M's website acknowledging the tour's anniversary. They didn't do that with American Life last year! :(

RIT is uninspired in places, but I loved the simplicity of a few performances. MDNA was filled with spectales of every kind as well as breathtaking choreographies, but I would love her to do a few simple performances in the vein of RIT's Frozen or Nothing Fails again. Just her standing on stage and singing, maybe playing the guitar, but that's it.

The stripped-down, acoustic version of LAP was wonderful as well and one of my favourite performances of her in that manner.