New album thread: no recent updates. Madonna joins Disclosure at gig though

Well let's hope it's a single and not the album. Maybe she was testing her song at the Disclosure show before the whole world gets it.

I really want this to be true, but no one can be trusted anymore. This has happened so many times, and I can't get my hopes up.

That is true- but I wouldn't post comments and speculation from just anyone. :gent:

Perhaps nothing may come of it- but, I'm more inclined to give his postings more mind than most of what had been posted thus far.

Someone on the Pulse board- a fan who has been in the "know" in the past, posted in the Madonna thread that he thinks Tuesday will be a very good day. Take it as you will.

Please be true! I'm going on holiday on Wednesday so at least I would have something to listen to on the plane. Would literally have the one song on repeat for 6 hours.

Interscope is dropping the brand new Maroon5 single on June 16th. I don't think they would launch the new eras of two of their biggest artists so close to each other.

June 3, 2014 (Santa Monica, CA)-- Multi-platinum, 3-time GRAMMY-Award winning recording band Maroon 5 has announced the release of “Maps,” the first single off of the group’s highly anticipated fifth studio album V. The track will impact radio and iTunes on June 16th, 2014.

Maroon 5’s new studio album, V, was recorded in LA over the past year and will be released on September 2nd, 2014.

DJ Pete Tong is pals with Madonna and has previously premiered her new releases but it says a new release from ID - We-R Superstars. Never heard of them so perhaps it's a ploy to get people interested and then release a vocal mix?

Why would Billboard say it was a shapeshifting legend if it wasn't someone known?

DJ Pete Tong is pals with Madonna and has previously premiered her new releases but it says a new release from ID - We-R Superstars. Never heard of them so perhaps it's a ploy to get people interested and then release a vocal mix?

Why would Billboard say it was a shapeshifting legend if it wasn't someone known?

I'm so confused too

Seems like:

+ "We-R-Superstars" is name of this track/dub/whatever it is

+ Pete Tong mentions The Wondermints at the end (a genuine band, and perhaps referring to the previous track on the radio show?), BUT THEN "disco revival from 'ID'" (I can't find any artist named ID online)

+ It's on Spinnin' Records' Soundcloud and YouTube page (?!)

+ The Billboard description would make absolutely NO SENSE if 'ID' were an underground/dance act and this was their debut single :lol:

+ If it IS Madonna, seems like the track Billboard are referring to is a SAMPLE of this, this is the instrumental, or it's being "tested" under a pseudonym

Someone replay the whole show on BBC iPlayer pronto and see if anything was mentioned before this was played. Remember - Pete Tong did play the dub version of Hung Up as a global premiere back in 2005 so...

NOBODY in the Madonna community noticed this for four whole days (was posted online on the 3rd), despite it being played on Radio One!

WHAT A MESS :lol: :lol:

Seems like:

+ "We-R-Superstars" is name of this track/dub/whatever it is

+ Pete Tong mentions The Wondermints at the end (a genuine band, and perhaps referring to the previous track on the radio show?), BUT THEN "disco revival from 'ID'" (I can't find any artist named ID online)

+ It's on Spinnin' Records' Soundcloud and YouTube page (?)

+ The Billboard description has abosulutely nothing to do with this at all :lol:

+ If it IS Madonna, seems like the track Billboard are referring to is a SAMPLE of this, this is the instrumental, or it's being "tested" under a pseudonym

Someone replay the whole show on iPlayer pronto and see if anything was mentioned before this was played. Remember - Pete Tong did play the dub version of Hung Up as a global premiere back in 2005 so...

NOBODY in the Madonna community noticed this for four whole days (was posted online on the 3rd), despite it being played on Radio One!

WHAT A MESS :lol: :lol:

I think this is deffo madonna. Rimember last year when "Anna" said that they would release her Music with out the name to create buzz and then once the song was popular: BAM it would be reveal ed that it was Madonna....mmm I think it's a likely scenario

I think this is deffo madonna. Rimember last year when "Anna" said that they would release her Music with out the name to create buzz and then once the song was popular: BAM it would be reveal ed that it was Madonna....i think it's very likely. ID is just a pseudonym

I think this is deffo madonna. Rimember last year when "Anna" said that they would release her Music with out the name to create buzz and then once the song was popular: BAM it would be reveal ed that it was Madonna....i think it's very likely. ID is just a pseudonym

I was just thinking about that. But "Anna" posted that on another forum (I think tribe?), and then stated on the fanzine that it wasn't her who posted it.

I could imagine them doing this to hype the song up and have everybody guessing. But I'm starting to think this isn't M. What the hell is this "we r superstars".

Something about all of this happening is making me have a hunch that new music could indeed be right around the corner. The full release of that snippet, appearance with disclosure, release rumors for Tuesday... Hmmmmmm

If this is a marketing ploy, it is a disaster. Why on Earth would they want to premiere the track in this form? It is horrendous!!! Guy O' would have to be fucking out of his mind to do this. And I can't believe Madonna would allow it!

Edited by Lights Above

If this is a marketing ploy, it is a disaster. Why on Earth would they want to premiere the track in this form. It is horrendous!!! Guy O' would have to be fucking out of his mind to do this. And I can't believe Madonna would allow it!

I think it's quite the opposite. Everyone is curious as to who the "dance legend" is, and this is building up more hype around it. I think this is clearly Madonna, and hiding the track under a pseudonym was a VERY clever move(if it is indeed her).