It's Official: Like a Prayer is "the Madonna song"

PaulaAbdul

So I had my prom last night and everything was starting to die down and everyone was sort of meandering off the dance floor and then I hear Madonna's voice say "God?" and the Blond Ambition mix of LAP starts to play. Immediately everyone filed back on the dance floor and everyone was singing along and dancing! I think this officially proves that LAP is Madonna's new signature hit especially if she can get 17-18 year old American teenagers to come together and love it!

There have been several moments in my Madonna-observationailst life that both "Like A Prayer" and "Vogue" have stood out as thee top Madonna tracks.

Just enjoy those moments, but don't absorb them as official evidence of signature songage.She has too many key recordings to isolate just one as representative... and that is one of the things that makes her so fucking important!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 7 " version is much better than the album or the IC version. For me LAP is the Madonna song. She has many iconic songs ( at least 25 songs that everybody knows) but LAP IS M!!!