Katy Perry covers Madonna's "Vogue" on brand new "Prismatic World Tour"

PaulaAbdul

Not a Katy fan but it was better than I was expecting! I wanna c the whole thing. I already knew Katy was a big M fan so it's not surprising to me that she's cover one of her songs

That's great Madonna continues to have such a big influence on pop music and culture. It's really nice to see the way all the pop girls idolize her.

:rotfl:

I love that the What are you looking at? part is Madonna's voice.

Those Nickelodeon costumes though and the stage/catwalk layout :chuckle:

The stage probably costs 10 times less the S&S one, let alone the MDNA one. But I appreciate Katy for her catchy tunes and being unpretentious unlike others and not being dumb enough to think they can get away with not crediting the reason they all exist. It's obvious Madonna appreciates that and she was the first one to talk about her as many others pointed out, with her song "You're So Gay"

By the way looking at the whole thing it already looks miles ahead compared to gormless' productions still it kind of makes you appreciate even more the MDNA visuals, the GGW ones in particular, that's why it's odd to consider Madonna as "catering to a younger generation only" or less mature anyway than "she ought to be". Most 15-20 yo wouldn't understand the GGW backdrop video.

I feel exactly the same.

Nice thought I suppose but she's so shit live. :lmao:

Probably the 2nd worst live act of all time actually (after Britney Pears.)

No she's the third at worst.

First spot gets easily taken by Lady Gina. Second by Britney post 1999-2005. Third is Katy. Goober easily qualifies as a disaster like no other on a stage. Wanting to be fair and accurate. I have to say the way Katy takes hold of that chair though, looking like she's getting ready to tidy up the living room :rotfl:

Katy has a nice voice but she needs to train it and she also needs to leave a lot of those moves out unless she plans to actually start learning how to move on stage. Other than that I find her almost endearing and infintely less annoying than that other painfully uncoordinated drugged up copycat mess with the generic Xfactor belter voice

This was truly bad. I wouldn't call this a "cover" although it's not a sample either... I don't know what this is, but it's really unexciting, unsexy, tame - everything Vogue is not.

I do like Katy, though, which is why I opened the video.

Here's the full thing

She's saying with that performance: Respect Madonna. It's a good thing that new generations listen to her music :)

EDIT: look at her stage lol

BnDmDkXIQAEiSiw.jpg

Those cats! WTF?! :lmao: oh and :lol: at the milk pouring failure.

No one has noticed that she's stolen Madonna's MDNA triangle catwalk. It's exactly the same.

Nobody minds. At least Katy proves she has seen the MDNA Tour and was inspired by it and is not afraid to show it. Katy's cool.

You betta Stan bitch :vogue:

Of all the princesses, Katy definitely wins most likeable. What she SEVERELY lacks in stage performance, she makes up for with catchy music & a cute presentation; very appealing to all groups. She can be a bit safe sometimes but that works for her.

Nice try but as with everything in life Queen Carly Malone did it first and did it better. Plus at least that "Burning Up" is cool, I couldn't hum that "International Smile" or whatever at gunpoint. And Queen of Lite Kylie was never shady toward Madonna, unlike fundie cunt Katy.

But this remains the DEFINITIVE version :wow::vogue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RIQ7RavJjo

You betta Stan bitch :vogue:

Of all the princesses, Katy definitely wins most likeable. What she SEVERELY lacks in stage performance, she makes up for with catchy music & a cute presentation; very appealing to all groups. She can be a bit safe sometimes but that works for her.

Exactly, and she doesn't pretend to be cutting edge and innovative either.

Totally agree. In an official press release from 2008 she was already called "the new Madonna" and she didn't even had any hit back then! Gaga and Interscope clearly wanted to replace Madonna since the beginning. They should've known it was a losing battle. No one will ever be the total package the way Madonna was and still is. No pop girl will ever be as influential as she is, they will never sell as much albums, never be as creative,... Madonna will never be replaced because her career is too unique, she did the right things at the right time and no one will ever erase that from history, doesn't matter how much Gaga and the medias try.

Why do have to bring Gaga into a Katy Perry thread? Stop. Nobody care about her at this point. So why bother?

The transition should've been done well though. It's like Beyonce Superbowl. PAUSE. PLAY. PAUSE again. But oh well, good for katy. I want to go to the tour. Looks fun.

Totally agree. In an official press release from 2008 she was already called "the new Madonna" and she didn't even had any hit back then! Gaga and Interscope clearly wanted to replace Madonna since the beginning. They should've known it was a losing battle. No one will ever be the total package the way Madonna was and still is. No pop girl will ever be as influential as she is, they will never sell as much albums, never be as creative,... Madonna will never be replaced because her career is too unique, she did the right things at the right time and no one will ever erase that from history, doesn't matter how much Gaga and the medias try.

So true. Then they tried to just railroad over Madonna saying they had an 'email from her camp' saying she approved of (was it BTW). Big mistake.

That HitFix writer meant "Open Your Heart," rather than "Papa Don't Preach," in the Spears reference. :)

So did Katy record those vocals? Cause it didn't sound like Madge.