Katy Perry covers Madonna's "Vogue" on brand new "Prismatic World Tour"

PaulaAbdul

That clip looks promising. I want to see the whole thing!

Katy, Rihanna, Miley, Beyonce, Britney and now Arianna - all of the pop superstar girls love Madonna. She opened the door for them and despite what others may think, I think it is endearing that they acknowledge and adore her. Wonderful to see so many women being successful and living their dreams.

we love Katy, Madonna is like the FIRST to love Katy...

:thumbsup:

I remember her in 2008 during HC press junkets going: "Have you heard that song You're So Gay, amazing ...."

Wow that's amazing

These girls are keeping her legacy alive whilst she's away working on new music

I'm so happy about this

Indeed

I think Beyoncè and Katy are the ones having a better shot at longevity than all the others. Unless they start doing coke, being deluded/pretentious/up-their-own-ass or dabbling in similar self-destructive patterns.

love the costumes lol

It looks like a re-enactment of the MDNA tour performance. The way they move, and look at Katy's costume.

Edited by _Gark

If my memory doesn't play tricks i would say Gaga is the only female pop star out there who declared war to Madonna... all the rest from Rihanna, to Katy Perry to Britney to Xtina to Beyonce to Miley Cyrus to even basic hip hop bitches like Missy Elliot and Lil Kim .. they have all expressed praise for Madonna... i never understood why Gaga has always been such a bitch. i mean anybody in life should be well aware of their place.. that doesn't necessarily mean they won't go far eventually or even take over. After all, it's all about paying respect when respect is due!

People might say Madonna was mean to her by branding Born This Way reductive but Gaga herself put herself in that position when she first-handly called the comparisons retarded.. i mean she never even said it was an homage or inspiration.. she went all out calling them retarded. Of course, her negative attitude caught her up in the end.. Seems like by the time Madonna called Born This Way reductive Gaga's career was already doomed for some reasons...

Great cover! I really like Katy, she's so nice and respectful overall. And Vogue is becoming one of Madonna's most covered songs! A lot of pop girls covered it already.

Also the Prismatic tour looks way better than the Artpop tour.

Oh I love the playful costumes . Hope she comes to Asia .

Here's the full thing

She's saying with that performance: Respect Madonna. It's a good thing that new generations listen to her music :)

EDIT: look at her stage lol

BnDmDkXIQAEiSiw.jpg

If my memory doesn't play tricks i would say Gaga is the only female pop star out there who declared war to Madonna... all the rest from Rihanna, to Katy Perry to Britney to Xtina to Beyonce to Miley Cyrus to even basic hip hop bitches like Missy Elliot and Lil Kim .. they have all expressed praise for Madonna... i never understood why Gaga has always been such a bitch. i mean anybody in life should be well aware of their place.. that doesn't necessarily mean they won't go far eventually or even take over. After all, it's all about paying respect when respect is due!

People might say Madonna was mean to her by branding Born This Way reductive but Gaga herself put herself in that position when she first-handly called the comparisons retarded.. i mean she never even said it was an homage or inspiration.. she went all out calling them retarded. Of course, her negative attitude caught her up in the end.. Seems like by the time Madonna called Born This Way reductive Gaga's career was already doomed for some reasons...

Totally agree. In an official press release from 2008 she was already called "the new Madonna" and she didn't even had any hit back then! Gaga and Interscope clearly wanted to replace Madonna since the beginning. They should've known it was a losing battle. No one will ever be the total package the way Madonna was and still is. No pop girl will ever be as influential as she is, they will never sell as much albums, never be as creative,... Madonna will never be replaced because her career is too unique, she did the right things at the right time and no one will ever erase that from history, doesn't matter how much Gaga and the medias try.

Proper respect and homage and isn't shy about i

Not a credit whoring NOSE in bad outfits like others

Here's the full thing

She's saying with that performance: Respect Madonna. It's a good thing that new generations listen to her music :)

BnDmDkXIQAEiSiw.jpg

:rotfl:

I love that the What are you looking at? part is Madonna's voice.

Those Nickelodeon costumes though and the stage/catwalk layout :chuckle:

The stage probably costs 10 times less the S&S one, let alone the MDNA one. But I appreciate Katy for her catchy tunes and being unpretentious unlike others and not being dumb enough to think they can get away with not crediting the reason they all exist. It's obvious Madonna appreciates that and she was the first one to talk about her as many others pointed out, with her song "You're So Gay"

By the way looking at the whole thing it already looks miles ahead compared to gormless' productions still it kind of makes you appreciate even more the MDNA visuals, the GGW ones in particular, that's why it's odd to consider Madonna as "catering to a younger generation only" or less mature anyway than "she ought to be". Most 15-20 yo wouldn't understand the GGW backdrop video.

The stage probably costs 10 times less the S&S one, let alone the MDNA one. But I appreciate Katy for her catchy tunes and being unpretentious unlike others and not being dumb enough to think they can get away with not crediting the reason they all exist. It's obvious Madonna appreciates that and she was the first one to talk about her as many others pointed out, with her song "You're So Gay"

Exactly!

Here's the full thing

BnDmDkXIQAEiSiw.jpg

this so random and silly but i like it. the cats in the background video are everything :rotfl: