DSS

DIRTY PIG

I was going to post about how great the soundtrack is. Both the incidental music and the soundtrack selection are awesome. The vinyl lp is one of my favourites in my collection! I have the incidental music on my iPod!

I also think it is her best film. I love it with a passion. So many great scenes, looks, quotes and it is funny, romantic and entertaining. While Madonna is perfect in this movie, I also love the other characters too.

LOVE IT! mustve seen it almost 100 times. I was too young to see it in the cinema and I was desperate. I had to wait for it to come out on video. (we copied it).

She rules in that movie!

My fave will always be WTG though.

This is her best PERFORMANCE but A League of Their Own is her best FILM.

Few people in the US remember DSS, but EVERYONE remember's ALOTO

I know a few hardcore Madonna haters who love ALOTO and even praise Madonna in it

The same can't be said of DSS

This is her best PERFORMANCE but A League of Their Own is her best FILM.

Few people in the US remember DSS, but EVERYONE remember's ALOTO

I know a few hardcore Madonna haters who love ALOTO and even praise Madonna in it

The same can't be said of DSS

Well, if the hardcore Madonna haters you know think this, it has to be right and correct. :dazed:

For goodness sake, stop judging Madonna on what her critics say and presenting it as fact. It will truly spoil your joy at being a Madonna fan.

^ all I'm saying is that at least in the US, EVERYONE seems to like and love ALOTO.

My older sisters 13 year old daughter plays softball and her team always watches the film and they can recite dialogue line by line

I think that when Madonna goes and if she has any type of FILM legacy that's left behind it will be. ALOTO and Evita, which I've noticed also has a lot of young girl fans who love musicals

It won't be DSS, although I love it and think it's a great film.

Well, if the hardcore Madonna haters you know think this, it has to be right and correct. :dazed:

For goodness sake, stop judging Madonna on what her critics say and presenting it as fact. It will truly spoil your joy at being a Madonna fan.

precisely

Guest Rachelle of London

When people think of a Madonna movie they think of DSS. It will be right up there with Holiday, Vogue etc as her legacy.

A League of Their Own is an American classic. It's in syndication here throughout the year. "There's no crying in baseball" has almost made list for most famous/memorable movie quotes of all time.

It's a popular film. But my fav Madonna film? Absolutely not. That goes to Susan.

And I wouldn't slag off Melrose so quickly. Not all of us are fortunate to have friends and family that are "diehard fans." In fact, almost all the coworkers I've had at every job have been "hardcore haters."

When people think of a Madonna movie they think of DSS. It will be right up there with Holiday, Vogue etc as her legacy.

You're right if we're talking internationally, but in the US it's ALOTO.

Evita too, somewhat.

It was of DSS that I moved to New York. "Susan" is such an empowering character. Susan walked around as if she owned NYC. As one critic said "Madonna looks confident enough to crunch boulders".

I want a Blu-Ray!