Songs you'd love for Madonna to cover?

drunkbysix

I'd like her to do some Abba songs. I think she'd be great on One Of Us and The Day Before You Came. I wish she'd sang Laura Branigan's Self Control. Also All I Need by Air.

I'd like her to do some Abba songs. I think she'd be great on One Of Us and The Day Before You Came. I wish she'd sang Laura Branigan's Self Control. Also All I Need by Air.

Nighcutter, all of the songs you mentioned are fantastic choices.

Re Abba, I still think Madonna's version of Angel passing through my room was gorgeous and the ones you chose would be perfect for her voice.

I think Madonna would do an incredible version of Katy Perry's Thinking of you. She would make that song a truly emotional and beautiful ballad as she sings with so much feeling. Same with Out here on my own from Fame.

Since she's dropping hints about a 'Country/ Western' inspired theme, I'd love some acoustic stuff, kinda like:

The simple melody, the cute lyrics, everything's right up her ally.

You know Todd rundgren???! Asksskskskzkxl I LOVE YOU

Wow! There are some really cool ideas in this thread. I used to be against her doing a covers album but I think at some point she should. It would be different from just doing another album of Madonna songs and it would get people's attention for that reason. I think she should avoid covering any songs from other pop divas like Beyonce or Katy Perry. I like the suggestions of rock, country, folk or reggae stuff on this thread. But she could change them and give them the special Madonna sound.

"Messages From The Stars" by the Rah Band (1983)

this is such a cool song.....it's an early electropop song and I can easily see Madonna making a cover version.

I generally don't like her cover versions but Fever is obviously great. American Pie was huge all over the world but her voice doesn't lend itself to other peoples songs that well.

She's very lucky in that the bulk of her material shits all over anything she may want to cover.

She did butcher Imagine however, Live to Tell would have had 100 x the impact in place of that song.