M.I.A. to Madonna

Narendra Sen

I think obviously she's kidding anyway, she'll probably never give in. The whole thing is really ridiculous, 1.5 was bad enough but to say that she owes them 16.6 million dollars is stupid considering she was payed $500 to appear

you must be kidding when you say she has been paid 500$ to perform at the Superbowl right ? or you have forgotten two 0 ?

hm madonna performed at the SB for free. it's a promotion stunt. why would she ask for money? obviously the NFL paid for the dancers and material and everything, but I've heard before that M did this for free.

and of course MIA is just kidding but i do hope M privately responds a funny message of support to her anyway..

Poor MIA. If MDNA and "Give me All Your Luvin'" weren't such flops she would have received some more $$$ from royalties I suppose. Hmm... I wonder if Madonna will respond to her privately. Obviously she will say nothing publicly. Madonna herself more or less 'condemned' MIA didn't she? She said it was a bit of a silly thing on her part and there was no need for it; so I can't see her helping her out really. :(

:rotfl:

I am SURPRISED that you've managed to sneak that into this thread too. GMAYL might have been a flop. MDNA at #12 certainly wasn't. Can you please stop? Or at least stop being a fascist and allow people to respond to the hypocrisy and false statements that you keep posting and implying a bit here and there.

FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

No other way to put it. The NFL are fucking idiots. They hire these big-name acts, many with controversial images already (especially the big acts where one knows what they're most likely going to do...HELLO...), and then expect them to do what....? Put on a show that Christian middle America can clap along to....

My guess is the NFL is full of conservative (straight) men that simply have an axe to grind with the rest of modern culture... all the while they willingly hire the biggest names in music to put on what is supposed to be the biggest show on earth, in the middle of their biggest game of the year, and expect them to sanitize themselves for the holy masses...

And yet, no one mentions the barrage of multimillion dollar advertisements that play throughout the game, are heavily touted as part of the 'experience', and are also full of "controversial"/sexual/misogynistic/violent imagery (and yet, they make no stink about that).

Never mind how inherently sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic the football culture and institution already is...

If they continue to make a stink about every damn artist THEY hire (particularly the FEMALE artists...coincidence I think not)...then they should stick to nothing but Christian rock bands...

,,,,and then pull their head out of their own asses.

Preach

Someone once said "Do you know what I have to say to America: get a fuckin sense of humour, OK?" There's real violence and inappropriateness on every prime time action flick on TV every night more often than a MIA flipping the middle finger for one night in a whole year. They should be happy considering it was the most watched SB half-game in history. Go figure

Her tweet to Madonna is kind of silly though, however jokingly she meant it

The NFL needs to fuck off.

So how much did Janet's tits cost? I'm not asking 4 the price of her implant, just the fine 2 the NFL... :fag:

Yeah that's what I was wondering.

Wow. This is extreme levels of absurdity. I found it ludicrous that this was still being litigated back in November of last year -- now, here it is a full two years later, and they are increasing the amount to $16 million? Unbelievable.

This is because the FCC has fined either the NFL or NBC... I think NBC, and then NBC turned around and sued the NFL, and now the NFL is trying to hold M.I.A. accountable. She explained that in an interview back in, oh, November. She said they were trying to make it all about her finger vs. the technician's finger -- why he didn't cut away to another shot in time, because there WAS a delay. They just didn't catch it in time (as you can see by the feed going haywire for a second right AFTER her finger-flip).

It's a little ridiculous. I understand Madonna's official stance on it; I'm sure privately she doesn't really care one way or another, with the way she so generously uses the finger in her concerts. But she also understands the context and that many people are watching who didn't necessarily 'sign up for' that (the way you do if you buy a Madonna ticket and attend a concert, knowing full well what you're getting into).

I think the thing that's really silly is ANYONE who took the time (less then 5 minutes) to watch the GMAYL music video could have predicted M.I.A. might let a finger fly. Why they weren't ready for that contingency is beyond me. And it would be so easy to avert the situation.

Furthermore, in that interview (with a crew of radio morning show people), M.I.A. didn't say anything bad (or good) about Madonna, but she did make reference to the 'underage' dancing girls making provocative movements. So ... it's sad that it's going to come to that for her. (I mean, the thing is, most of the entertainers were all those volunteers -- like the gladiators -- so who knows if they were of age or not...)

Blah. This sucks. I do like M.I.A., so I hope this doesn't totally sour the relationship between her and M.

(Oh and PS to whoever asked? In that same interview from November, M.I.A. indicated she's no longer "with" that millionaire guy. He is the father of her child, though, and they're on good terms, I guess. But they are not together, so she's probably not going to get the money from him.)

:rotfl:

I am SURPRISED that you've managed to sneak that into this thread too. GMAYL might have been a flop. MDNA at #12 certainly wasn't. Can you please stop? Or at least stop being a fascist and allow people to respond to the hypocrisy and false statements that you keep posting and implying a bit here and there.

Ehhh he is right.

M.I.A. wasn’t paid for the event as is the custom of the league. Nevertheless, the NFL spent the first two years of arbitration demanding $1.5 million for allegedly breaching her performance contract and tarnishing its goodwill and reputation.

Now the NFL has added an additional claim, seeking $15.1 million more in “restitution” as the alleged value of public exposure she received by appearing for an approximately two minute segment during Madonna’s performance. The figure is based on what advertisers would have paid for ads during this time. “The claim for restitution lacks any basis in law, fact, or logic,” say M.I.A.’s response papers, filed on Friday.

M.I.A.’s attorney has been fighting the claim by filing arbitration papers that detail some of the less than wholesome history of the hallowed institution that is the Super Bowl halftime show, including the time they made it look like Prince was stroking his guitar as if it were a big, musical dong.

AM I READING WRONG OR NFL IS SEEKING FOR 15MILLIONS NOT FOR SUPPOSED DAMAGES FROM THE MIDDLE FINGER, BUT BECAUSE SHE WAS JUST ON STAGE? :huh:

AM I READING WRONG OR NFL IS SEEKING FOR 15MILLIONS NOT FOR SUPPOSED DAMAGES FROM THE MIDDLE FINGER, BUT BECAUSE SHE WAS JUST ON STAGE? :huh:

Yes, i dont' get it either. So ads would have been on tv if MIA hadn't been there???? Then Madonna has to be sued too and pay A BILLION, because if Madonna weren't there they could have show advertisements in the most viewed moment of history :laugh:

My guess is the NFL is full of conservative (straight) men that simply have an axe to grind with the rest of modern culture... all the while they willingly hire the biggest names in music to put on what is supposed to be the biggest show on earth, in the middle of their biggest game of the year, and expect them to sanitize themselves for the holy masses...

And yet, no one mentions the barrage of multimillion dollar advertisements that play throughout the game, are heavily touted as part of the 'experience', and are also full of "controversial"/sexual/misogynistic/violent imagery (and yet, they make no stink about that).

Never mind how inherently sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic the football culture and institution already is...

:thumbsup:

The NFL is being ridiculous,but MIA was foolish to do this stunt.After Janet's Nipplegate scandal,artists have to play it safe at the SuperBowl.Madonna and Nicki Minaj understood this,but MIA had her own ideas.She should have known better.