New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Interesting how people see things differently. I never have considered Frozen or Secret to be ballads,

I don't consider either one a ballad either but then again, as always, I listen to club remixes. Secret, the LP version, I would say is for sure a ballad. Odd that others don't think so.

It's most definitely the original demo that was submitted to Madonna, who then added the "Act of Contrition" intro and made some minor changes to the lyrics (particularly noticeable in the second verse).

The top melody and the lyrics were written by Jenson Vaughan based on an instrumental produced by the Benassis (source: Patrick Moxey), and since Rosette is a frequent collaborator of Jenson Vaughan, it's obvious to me that this is the original vocal demo.

Interesting that Rosette herself labelled her YouTube video a "cover"... I wonder why she would do that?

Interesting that Rosette herself labelled her YouTube video a "cover"... I wonder why she would do that?

Well M played the Rosette version in her house with the window open in early July 2011, 9 months before the release of the album...

Guest bluejean

If they tried stuff in the studio imo it's likely she would have recorded vocals. Even if demo vocals only.

According to some reliable sources, the lead single off the new album will be released in August or September, followed by a promotional tour in October. No album release date set as of yet.

http://www.thebiatchestalk.com/2014/04/is-madonnas-new-album-called-rebel-heart.html

This next to an article with the title "10 reasons why Lady Gaga's ARTPOP is a Godsend". Bye.

According to some reliable sources, the lead single off the new album will be released in August or September, followed by a promotional tour in October. No album release date set as of yet.

http://www.thebiatchestalk.com/2014/04/is-madonnas-new-album-called-rebel-heart.html

so,it looks like we will most likely get the new album in November!! :) That's the perfect time for the new album to arrive in stores.She did it that way for COADF and everything worked out perfectly.She will have plenty of time to promote the album before beginning tour rehearsals (which would kick off around March or so).

Guest bluejean

Yes it would be but I personally think she should avoid anniversary things or referencing the past and focus on a totally new era.

Yes it would be but I personally think she should avoid anniversary things or referencing the past and focus on a totally new era.

AMEN! No more nods to the past - embrace the future M.

Guest bluejean

Madonna DOESN'T just book studio time 2 c what happens.

She doesn't always go in knowing exactly what the final version will be. We know that from all the demos which show the development of Music's lyrics plus all the alternative demos of alot of different songs, changing/evolving melody lines and lyrics etc etc.

She doesn't always go in knowing exactly what the final version will be. We know that from all the demos which show the development of Music's lyrics plus all the alternative demos of alot of different songs, changing/evolving melody lines and lyrics etc etc.

That goes without saying... :fag:

Madonna DOESN'T just book studio time 2 c what happens.

This is true, but do we know if it was PAID studio time, or was it Avicii's studio? Or time he already had booked. The pics made it look like they were doing more writing than recording.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think M would state that she's working with Avicci and it not materialise into anything. I think they are a lot more advanced than we originally thought