New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Ha, "fan fiction" is right! It sounds like a paraphrasing of all the shit fans have been saying.

And of course this "insider" has not listened to MDNA all the way through, if s/he thinks they are all "generic EDM songs." It's the laziest, most tried-ass argument ever from people who can't tell their head from their ass.

Yesssssssssssss. Thank you! Anyone who calls MDNA an EDM album has either never heard it or has never heard EDM.

It's probably made up because anyone could listen to Avicii's music and come up with the idea that it would be folk mixed with dance. You don't have to have "insider info" that could come up with that. I wouldn't mind one or two songs with a folk influence but not the majority of the album, and not as much as American Life.

To be fair, an album's singles are what an artist chooses to represent an album. Yes, the first single wasn't EDM, but the follow-up singles make it seem like most of the album is electronic/dance.

ditto!

Anyone saying AL was a fiasco should be banned for eternity.

Agreed! It was a great album

Only the media and stupid media sheep put this album down because it was a so called flop (mind you for most other artists those would be good numbers).

Lilly Allen has said she is fewming with the first 2 songs the label released. She had no choice in the contract, they are the worst on her album and feels like a slave. Obviously sometimes you have no choice.

To be fair, an album's singles are what an artist chooses to represent an album. Yes, the first single wasn't EDM, but the follow-up singles make it seem like most of the album is electronic/dance.

The man quoted in the "article" is said to be an "insider" of Universal. You'd think they would know the album in its entirety. And that if they didn't like "generic EDM" they would have chosen/suggested different singles.

I really believe single choices were M and GuyO's decision. The whole "theme" of Madonna's DNA, album title, and the fact that singles/videos 2 and 3 especially are very much in tone to what nonfans remember of Madonna are to me more than enough proof that some thought went through when deciding it all... Though it didn't work.

Many people do not realize that MDNA is actually Madonna's own version of Tetragrammaton. In Hebrew alphabet there are no vowels. This is why the famous name of God הוה'(YHWH), which only has 4 letters, has been debated on its proper pronunciation so much. Madonna is a Kabbalist. When I saw MDNA, I immediately thought of YHWH. Very cool, but only few knew exactly what was up :)

Edited by Katypatra

1. Trust

2. Dangerous Path

3. I Can't Wait

4. Rebel Heart

5. Revolution of Love

6. Sitting on the Whole World

7. Defying Gravity

8. Waving to the Crowd

9. Art for Freedom

10. Solar Salvation

11. Reason and Passion

12. The Darkness Void

13. Revelation

I know I keep repeating this one but I just can't sometimes. :rotfl:

Many people do not realize that MDNA is actually Madonna's own version of Tetragrammaton. In Hebrew alphabet there are no vowels. This is why the famous name of God הוה'(YHWH), which only has 4 letters, has been debated on its proper pronunciation so much. Madonna is a Kabbalist. When I saw MDNA, I immediately thought of YHWH. Very cool, but only few knew exactly what was up :)

That's very interesting my dear newbie, I only new about Madonna-DNA & the drug MDMA which I know and luv :-)

Yeah YHWH is a 4 letter of God that if written entirely would have about 7 letters. Since Madonna thinks she is the Messiah *giggle* it was only a matter of time until she copied God Himself :D

Btw, Dido's new album has a song called "Sitting On The Roof Of The World"

theres are lyrics of her: so sit on the top of the world and tell me how you re feeling....what you feel is what i feel for you

i always wondered, if madonna was single back in 2004 for RIT, would she had been with Mihran or Cloud?

we know cloud was her favorite but mihran seems more her type. timor looks like mihran's brother

Mihran!!!! :inlove: