10 Painful Rejection Letters To Famous People Proving You Should NEVER Give Up You

Django

10 Painful Rejection Letters To Famous People Proving You Should NEVER Give Up Your Dreams

1. Madonna

madonna-rejection-letter__oPt.jpg

When the Queen of Pop finally signed with Sire Records in 1982, her debut album sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. She used this early rejection as motivation, as this respected producer didn't believe she was "ready yet." She's now the best selling female artist of all time.

http://distractify.com/people/famous-people-rejection-letters/

Getting rejected makes people better musicians, singers and artists. Having to struggle for something and not just to be handed success on a platter, makes it all the more rewarding and precious when it happens.

I've never listened to any of these before!

I like Love On the Run and High Society but Get Up is awful it's more cringey than Hey You. I Want You is such a Blondie rip off.

I definitely agree that she wasn't ready yet.

I have to say, even for 1982 Madonna's demo was pretty terrible. those tracks mentioned in that letter are horrible

yeh they're pretty terrible which is probably why she never got signed because of them.

I have to say, even for 1982 Madonna's demo was pretty terrible. those tracks mentioned in that letter are horrible

Not at all. Whether or not you like the songs is fine, but to say that 'even for 1982, the demo was pretty terrible' is really quite silly. Where you an A&R man back in 1982, pray tell?

Guest Xanthium

I love how the article's title says painful rejection letters when the Madonna one couldn't have been more polite :lol:

I've never listened to any of these before!

I like Love On the Run and High Society but Get Up is awful it's more cringey than Hey You. I Want You is such a Blondie rip off.

I definitely agree that she wasn't ready yet.

The "Get Up" message is amazing though.

In my mind it's like the first version of "Over & Over".

Broadly speaking it was her first brush with her ever recurrent theme of 'never giving up' that she would visit time and time again with songs like "Over & Over", "Dont Tell Me" & "Give It To Me".

I wonder what the response would have been if they had listened to "Everybody" instead of those songs.

Mark Kamins said Chris Blackwell from Island passed on the Everybody demo he presented him before going to Seymour Stein.

Madonna never liked these tracks that's why she was writting other demos with Steve Bray behind Camille Barbone's back, she said it sounded too much like Pat Benatar which she did not like. That's why she tried to find a way out of the Gotham contract and never allowed the release of the demos.

Guest Madomination

10 Painful Rejection Letters To Famous People Proving You Should NEVER Give Up Your Dreams

1. Madonna

madonna-rejection-letter__oPt.jpg

When the Queen of Pop finally signed with Sire Records in 1982, her debut album sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. She used this early rejection as motivation, as this respected producer didn't believe she was "ready yet." She's now the best selling female artist of all time.

http://distractify.com/people/famous-people-rejection-letters/

Indeed she was not ready yet...and the letter spoke the truth. The material was weak. I don't think Madonna would've gone anywhere with songs like High Society and Love On the Run.

Guest Madomination

Awww! I love those songs, but yeah, I can see why a label would pass her. The material wasn't strong enough.

Listen to the songs on Pre-Madonna: Burning Up, Everybody, Don't You Know and Stay (81), you can see they were miles ahead of the Gotham demos. Madonna's true personality shine through those songs.