Let's Talk Album Cover

As much as I love that photo shoot and think it's perfect for the title (maybe too perfect?), I would really like to see her do something more stripped down, a la ROL. Earthy, little makeup or hair styling. As hot as she looks these days, the over-the-top looks sort of age her. I think she would look more youthful and accessible without all that. I thought she was actually going in that direction for MDNA when the GMAYL cover dropped

I agree! I'd like a more stripped-down,less "made up" look.

well NOTHING could be worse than that AWFUL Hard Candy cover & even worse pix on the inside. I'm convinced that cover turned a lot of people off and lost some sales.

For her new album? I agree with what some you have already mentioned. NO Airbrushing!

well NOTHING could be worse than that AWFUL Hard Candy cover & even worse pix on the inside. I'm convinced that cover turned a lot of people off and lost some sales.

The inside photos are awful but the outside are AMAZING I love how aggressive they are. But I do agree casual young fans who were drawn in by JT may have been turned off

Hard Candy was eye-catching. I think it was a good cover. It looked new and retro at the same time for me, which coincided with the sound of the album. Im a go listen to it now.

hardcandy_doll_001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting that HC doll so bad in my life. Already got the perfect spot for her, ON MY DESK, where I can see it every day.

IVE ALWAYS HATED !!!!! THE HC COVER.

it still annoys to this day.

ugh.

lol @ the non-believers and nay-sayers for they shall toil in the lake that is fire and brimstone.

The inside photos are awful but the outside are AMAZING I love how aggressive they are. But I do agree casual young fans who were drawn in by JT may have been turned off

She looked youthful and fresh ("like zat") on the 4M cover. And we know that sold like hot granny cakes.

Juergen Teller photography with M/M Paris art direction sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind Mert & Marcus again if the work was the caliber of their Pop and Interview shoots. Although their MDNA stuff had it's moments it was pretty disappointing compared to Pop and Interview. Hopefully she moves on from Giovanni Bianco. He has always gone overboard with photoshop; he basically turned the MDNA pics into digital paintings. Something more organic (a la Juergen Teller) would be a nice change of pace. Plus it would fit stylistically if she really does go with a viking theme for the artwork.

THIS. But I feel like if Madonna wanted to work with Juergen, she would've done so by now. She's never really been into an anti glam aesthetic. I would love for her to work with Inez + Vinoodh again for an album cover.

I don't think M/M Paris would work with her again. They said in an interview that working with her was fussy cuz all she wanted was to look pretty, and their book mentions that the AL artwork was a mashup of recycled ideas from their old work (google their alphabet series y'all) - seemed to me like they didn't really care to put much effort into the AL artwork

Guest Sweet Tooth

I wished M nabbed Jeff Koons first instead of lazy kunt.

Imagine the artistic collaboration these two would create for album # 13 :elite:

I don't like Jeff Koons at all.

I'm with you. I think the stuff he did with Gaga was very pedestrian.

I have this feeling we are in for a black and white cover, but I am secretly hoping for full color. B&W can be iconic, but her color covers really pop.

His Made In Heaven artistic era was so flawless.

jeff+koons+made+in+heaven.jpg

Yes, and the Celebration series.

And his painting series, Popeye and Hulk Elvis are incredible. I love Jeff