Let's Talk Album Cover

Missed several exits today on the ride home preoccupied with this one.

I've decided I want a full or three-quarter length body shot instead of close-up full face. She has great eyes but MDNA and the DVD just covered that. Prefer full color but black and white might be okay this time around.

Anyone else been thinking about this? Who wants a LAP style, where maybe her face doesn't even appear?? Share your thoughts here.

I want the next album cover to be less minimalist. A shot that includes at least the top half of her body and face...kind of like the Like a Virgin album cover.

More fine art!!!!!! I like that she hired Mr Brainwash for Celebration and i'm pleased with all the covers he did for the entire project. She needs to hire another artist. Just one more time!

LAP is one of my least favourite covers. I want face and at least top half! And not just her long wavy blonde hair that we've had for years. A style that sets the tone for the album.

Artist is the word. She has worked with real artist since the beginning. And yes, Celebration was about art. AL is about Art. I'm tired of airbrush, i want ideas. I see power, I see a rebel with a sword. I see Madonna fighting against idiocy and small minded leaders.

She was the mind terrorist in AL, and this time is the fighting Goddess.

And yes, it's a VERY IMPORTANT MATTER. No wonder you lost your exists riding home. I just burned my dinner reading this thread and coming with ideas.

I hate all of those.

I would like something completely different. My first thought was I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't a photo of her.

Maybe some artwork, or cartoons or something. Someone posted a cartoon like drawing for Hard Candy somewhere here recently and I liked it so much better than the photo she chose.

I'm hoping for something as interesting and unusual as these:

mIdFCvHtewxAT-FAk1cQ8vw.jpg41cMtNLORZL._AA160_.jpg

..but dear god, not this :chuckle:

41-iGzRxPFL.jpg

Yes! HC was spot on IMHO.

Or something like the Bazaar photoshoot. Expose those eyes, lips and the face!!! Whoever airbrush those pics should be hired by M's department!

Bianco has to be one of the worst graphic designers.

I agree.. his stuff always looks so cheap and samey. :wired:

rr8or8.jpg

M/M did an amazing job on AL as did Siung Fat Tjia for Erotica. I hope she goes for someone new and up 'n coming.

I agree.. his stuff always looks so cheap and samey. :wired:

rr8or8.jpg

M/M did an amazing job on AL as did Siung Fat Tjia for Erotica. I hope she goes for someone new and up 'n coming.

I love the artwork for Erotica, and M/M Paris always does a great job. I love their work with A.P.C. and Björk especially.

I love the artwork for Erotica, and M/M Paris always does a great job. I love their work with A.P.C. and Björk especially.

Agreed..the Bjork stuff was fantastic :thumbsup:

47_9Lg.jpg

(Yeh, am meaning M/M Paris not M/M as in Mert and Marcus)

I'm not picky. I like to be surprised and am sure I'll love the next sleeve but, for the love of god, please drop Giovanni Bianco!

Not trying to be an ass but --I don't care how much high profile work he gets-- the man sincerely has no clue as to how to lay out credit text and unnecessarily overdoes the airbrushing/image altering.

Agreed..the Bjork stuff was fantastic :thumbsup:

47_9Lg.jpg

(Yeh, am meaning M/M Paris not M/M as in Mert and Marcus)

This is beautiful. The simple, minimalistic, photography with the artwork on top. I hope she works with them again and comes up with something inspired.

I'm not picky. I like to be surprised and am sure I'll love the next sleeve but, for the love of god, please drop Giovanni Bianco!

Not trying to be an ass but --I don't care how much high profile work he gets-- the man sincerely has no clue as to how to lay out credit text and unnecessarily overdoes the airbrushing/image altering.

I agree. While he has done some great things, most of the stuff he is involved with looks overly photoshopped, to the point that it sometimes doesn't look like it depicts a human being. It's very evident in the MDNA promo.

That's why I want her to work with someone like Juergen Teller, to get away from that whole photoshop mess. It would be a new, raw, look for her. But mostly I want to be surprised (in a good way though!)

Yes! HC was spot on IMHO.

Or something like the Bazaar photoshoot. Expose those eyes, lips and the face!!! Whoever airbrush those pics should be hired by M's department!

I have to say that he stepped up his game for MDNA and the tour.

I really loved the deluxe edition cover of MDNA. Brilliant! However, I feel like maybe a black and white cover is coming for this next one. I prefer her color covers, but I wouldn't mind a sepia-tinged affair or something really avant-garde like a digitized painting or something.

I know she posted Ray Caesar's work a month or two ago. I'd DIE to have him do something for her album. Some of my favorite images of her were done by David LaChappelle, but that bridge has long since been burned.

That's why I want her to work with someone like Juergen Teller

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her strong/steely presence mixed with Juergen's irreverence and humour would be the best. I really want to see Madonna explore anti-aesthetic, or at least something that isn't so glossy.

And yeah Giovanni Bianco sucks. I know everyone likes the MDNA artwork but I thought it looked really cheap. I love M/M Paris but they've said that they didn't enjoy working on American Life - the artwork they created for the album was a mashup of things they've already created in the past.

OK, well she is rocking the whole Viking Queen look atm, so the new album cover/era should be that.

Long blonde/white hair with the Viking Queen plats

Kind of Ray Of Light but colder.

Photo shoot should be outdoors in Sweden, Norway or Iceland

It's going to be a November release so bring on the Ice Queen.

Winter is Coming...

she always makes great album covers, some of her instaselfies would be great too....

i only hope for the booklet she doesn't get heavily photoshopped like mdna....she doesn't need it and honestly is quite awful....

I love the covers to HC & MDNA (deluxe). Those projects have their share of problems. But from the artistic end their failures were musical.

Excuse me?