March 8, 1994 - "I'LL REMEMBER (Theme From With Honors)"

Mattress

I should have too. Now it's impossible to find! I even twitted the author, but he never answered. How rude.

that's weird,because he answered me.wheb the 80s book appeared,I couldn't buy it but he answered me saying that he was sorry that there weren't more copies.

I luv this beautiful ballad! Like her vocals and the way she sings...very clear...Never thought she would have another hit after the backlash and string of flop singles from the Erotica era. A true radio hit back in 1994! The first time I heard this song on my way to my highschool graduation. Unforgettable moment at that time when radio stations premiering new Madonna song after a long dry spell.

Not a fan much of the video coz its somewhat similar to Rain vid. But she's glamorous in the video.

As mentioned earlier, "I'll Remember" was a huge US success. In 2013, Billboard published a list of Madonna's 40 Biggest Hits and "I'll Remember" ranked at #13:

IRCDfront_zps9ed800d2.png

#13: "I'll Remember" (Theme From "With Honors") | Hot 100 Peak Position: 2 | Peak Year: 1994

"I'll Remember," from the film "With Honors," is one of six Madonna singles that have peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Madonna holds the record for the most No. 2 hits in Hot 100 history. This particular track was lodged in the runner-up position for four weeks, behind All-4-One's "I Swear."

I luv this beautiful ballad! Like her vocals and the way she sings...very clear...Never thought she would have another hit after the backlash and string of flop singles from the Erotica era. A true radio hit back in 1994!

I love the vocals, too. The way they were mixed was similar to what had been done on Like A Prayer (the verses of "Till Death Do Us Part" for example.)

It was a relief when radio latched on. They'd played "Rain" but it still missed the top 10 and it felt like she was locked into a decline.

William Orbit's 12" Guerilla Beach Mix. You can hear a lot of sounds and techniques that would be used for the Ray Of Light album just a little over 3 years later.

2jbjg8w.gif

"I'll Remember" received two major award nominations:

Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or for Television at the 37th Grammy Awards,

and

Best Original Song at the 52nd Golden Globe Awards.

As with many of her self-penned soundtrack contributions, it was ignored by the Academy Awards but should have been nominated for an Oscar.

William Orbit's 12" Guerilla Beach Mix. You can hear a lot of sounds and techniques that would be used for the Ray Of Light album just a little over 3 years later.

I'm surprised she wanted to do an album with him after that remix...

Love the song!

Would have this hit number one if there wasn't the Letterman backlash? The song did stall a bit after the backlash but really picked up steam again.

it's hard to say. The Letterman appearance made some people (more) apprehensive about Madonna but at the same time it got her so much press that a lot of people probably found out about the new single because of the Late Show debacle.

With jazz singer Jimmy Scott at Tavern On The Green in Central Park, New York City:

madjimmy_zpsb87f80d7.png

"Jimmy Scott is the only singer who'd ever really made me cry, he is like no other!"

A few months later, she invited him to appear in her next music video, "Secret":

200509_059a_span9.jpg?1230015916