M working with Avicii, are you happy ?

M working with Avicii, are you happy or not ?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know officially she's working with Avicii for the new album, are you happy ? simple question poll !

• Yes !
    • No !
    • I don't know as i haven't heard a single note yet !

It would be nice for her to finally have an international hit on her hands seeing as she hasn't really had one in over 6 years. I know the charts do not really matter or indicate anything about quality however another D.O.A. like MDNA would be disappointing seeing as she was previously renowned for making great classic hits...I think her last classic hit was Hung Up...with 4 Minutes being a more recent hit without the international acclaim or longevity.

4 Minutes was HUGE internationally though..

Whoa lololol

Don't take it so bad… I just don't like the cheap music she's been doing since 2009, relax :)

Madonna didn't release an album in 2009. You are a flop fan. Take a seat.

Guest Loo Eli

Whoa lololol

Don't take it so bad… I just don't like the cheap music she's been doing since 2009, relax :)

There was a lot of good stuff on MDNA as well, just not the singles.

cup_of_tea_wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

That looks delicious. Mind if I take a sip? These neg intruders should know Madonnanation is a fan site for Madonna appreciation. If you don't like everything she does...cool get it off your chest. If you don't like anything she does since WHICHEVER year then fuck off back to the time before that year! Seriously Gutten needs to wipe the sweat from Chris Ciccone/TheUnseenHands tits.

Why are those two even here? I can't imagine myself spending my time on a forum about an artist that I don't even like anymore...

Chris is posting from his shoe workshop but Gutten I think just has some word habitual addiction to moaning.

Gutten has been a known name for years at Mtribe. hating M and praising other artists. enough said. They allow him to be so negative there but the fact that randomly posts his hateful stuff here is worrying and annoying. although i noticed he is already diluting his usual shit stirring as he knows this is not the Tribe and needs to behave.

sorry for me being so offtopic but it is getting so tiring.

I guess she should take your advice being that you're a creamy smooth pop icon goddess yourself. How many records have you sold? How many stadiums have you filled? Oh...really? Girl, bye. You're talking about bringing something new while talking the same old boring shit you always do. If that's your opinion go and lock yourself in a bomb shelter with the immaculate collection and do us all a favour! Take note bitch.

again with the unbelievably hateful comments and name calling. why is this allowed on the board by the moderators? especially for a site for an artist who advocates love, tolerance, and diversity of opinion. and yes, she did release music in 2009, it was a single called celebration.

I don't really give Metacritic much validity because I feel it can be easily manipulated, but since you mentioned it in an earlier post, I'm gonna use it as an example. You mentioned the score indicates kind of a "so-so" or mixed consensus amongst critics for HC and MDNA. I would actually agree with that. I've read some truly glowing reviews and some really bad ones for both albums. I can honestly say it was about equal too. That means just as many would rank it with her best as with her worst. Before that COADF was very well received overall, before that AL was not received well overall. With Music and ROL she hit it out of the park overall critically. BS and Erotica had a more mixed reception upon release more comparable to that of MDNA and HC. The overall trend here is that she doesn't hit a home run critically with EVERY album upon its release. That's how it's been for at least 20 years, if not her entire career. It just so happens recently you are one of the ones who would agree with the more not so good reviews because it reflects your own opinion. That's fine, but on the other side you have an equal number who feel the exact opposite. I definitely think it's fair to say Erotica had the very same reception, of course the Sex book helped sway it slightly toward the negative side.

Scandalous things most DEFINITELY affected how her music was received critically on numerous occasions, Erotica and AL standing out the most of course. Twenty years makes you view some things with rose tinted glasses and despite the general consensus among diehards that Erotica is among her best, even now, outside of forums like this I don't see this universal love for Erotica that many seem to see. Yes, I've read more recent reviews that are more favorable, but again sometimes 20 years can put things into perspective.

Critics have said that Janet Jackson's album janet is the "Erotica Madonna failed". I've also read that Erotica is when Madonnas music stopped "mattering" on a cultural or "zeitgeist" kind of level. Equally I've heard it's when she mattered most. So who is right? Nobody. Madonna is. She's the one who's going to do what she wants regardless of how much I love and you hate MDNA. So just sit back, shut the fuck up, enjoy the ride and don't expect her to meet YOUR expectations. :)

Re: Metacritic, how exactly is it "easily manipulated"? It's not user-created like Wikipedia, where users can decide which reviews to list and quote. Metacritic has a list of what they consider "top" or "notable" publications and that's what determines the percentages. While it doesn't paint a 100% complete picture with every single review, it counts the ones that matter most and therefore gives you a pretty good indication of how an album/movie/TV show, etc. was received by critics.

Madonna didn't release an album in 2009. You are a flop fan. Take a seat.

I have no idea who Gutten is, but he/she didn't say "album." He/she said "music," and if "Celebration" and "Revolver" were anything, they were "cheap."

again with the unbelievably hateful comments and name calling. why is this allowed on the board by the moderators? especially for a site for an artist who advocates love, tolerance, and diversity of opinion. and yes, she did release music in 2009, it was a single called celebration.

Go to Madonnatribe and enjoy all of the negative, hateful comments about Madonna and the constant complaining about her. Leave us Madonna fans in peace here.

Gutten has been a known name for years at Mtribe. hating M and praising other artists. enough said. They allow him to be so negative there but the fact that randomly posts his hateful stuff here is worrying and annoying. although i noticed he is already diluting his usual shit stirring as he knows this is not the Tribe and needs to behave.

I don't hate on her at all, the opposite actually.

She's still my all time favourite, it's just her music is getting worst every time :(

It's like the relationship we have with our parents, we love and hate them at the same time ;)

Who are you and why are you talking such nonsense?

I have no idea who Gutten is, but he/she didn't say "album." He/she said "music," and if "Celebration" and "Revolver" were anything, they were "cheap."

Says who?

No but she released the cheapest sounding song of the year produced by Oakenfold.

You'd previously referred to HC and MDNA so let's not pretend you were making a point of reference of Celebration onwards.

You'd previously referred to HC and MDNA so let's not pretend you were making a point of reference of Celebration onwards.

No I loved HC, I thought it was a killer production. I also loved the tour.

IMO her music started to suck when she released Celebration and I thought she learned her lesson with MDNA but apparently not :(

IMO her music started to suck when she released Celebration and I thought she learned her lesson with MDNA but apparently not :(

That's the most bizarre point of view I've ever heard. She released two singles to support a greatest hits compilation and an album of very diverse material and that's what prompts you to act like the sky is falling down? I'm sure you're a wonderful person but you really need to get a sense of proportion. You're basing the fact that her music now 'sucks' based on one album and two singles? Really think about what it is you're saying. It's moronic.

That's the most bizarre point of view I've ever heard. She released two singles to support a greatest hits compilation and an album of very diverse material and that's what prompts you to act like the sky is falling down? I'm sure you're a wonderful person but you really need to get a sense of proportion. You're basing the fact that her music now 'sucks' based on one album and two singles? Really think about what it is you're saying. It's moronic.

Well it's a question of taste.. I did enjoy a couple songs on MDNA but as a whole I thought it was a snoozefest. First time one of her albums made me feel this way about her. I think she's a master at pop music but she makes terrible and cheap dance music.

Well it's a question of taste.. I did enjoy a couple songs on MDNA but as a whole I thought it was a snoozefest. First time one of her albums made me feel this way about her. I think she's a master at pop music but she makes terrible and cheap dance music.

"she's a master at pop music but she makes terrible and cheap dance music"

Are you talking generally here of about celebration specifically? Because her pop music is largely dance music. Everybody. Lucky Star. Holiday. Into The Groove. Vogue.Deeper & Deeper. Bedtime Story. Ray Of Light. Music. I don't think i need go on.

2 million copies of her album sold and $120 million in her pocket must've been a hard hard lesson to learn. Poor Madge.

Avicii is fucking bullshit though. I seriously do have to keep reminding myself that this woman has had 4 kids and that is the only reason i give her a pass for this seemingly desperate bandwagon hopping. She definitely isn't the same beast she was.

"she's a master at pop music but she makes terrible and cheap dance music"

Are you talking generally here of about celebration specifically? Because her pop music is largely dance music. Everybody. Lucky Star. Holiday. Into The Groove. Vogue.Deeper & Deeper. Bedtime Story. Ray Of Light. Music. I don't think i need go on.

To me it's all pop songs lol

They all have dance remixes though, never cared for them.

Does anyone else at this point miss Mirwais as producer as much as me?

I hear all these fans repeatedly wanting her to work with Orbit again and again?

But American Life is still one of my favourite M albums, I think the title track was the only weak track.

If Avicii puts some acoustic guitars high in the mix this could work, I don't necessarily want a Country-dance album, more of a folk/bluesy sound with electronic/dance elements.

But the main problem for me with the last 2 albums wasn't just the production but the songwriting.

Amazing songwriting with fuller vocals this time would be great.

If the actual songs can resonate on a deeper level then the production should just come easy.

But I found that MDNA delivered the opposite, all focus was on the production, but it was just covering up poor songwriting.

I'm all for a new M masterpiece, bring it bitch.

Don't want to generalize but it feels to me that the only ones upset about this are her older fans. I Think they want her to grow old with them to only make the music they grew up listing to and not move forward at all. This is just my opinion.

Don't want to generalize but it feels to me that the only ones upset about this are her older fans. I Think they want her to grow old with them to only make the music they grow up listing to and not move forward at all. This is just my opinion.

I think there are some fans like this sure.

But I'm all for her moving forward.

Again my biggest problem with the last 2 albums is not so much the production as the poor songwriting.

If she brings better songs to the studio I can't see why we all can't have the M album we want both new and old fan bases included?!

I think there are some fans like this sure.

But I'm all for her moving forward.

Again my biggest problem with the last 2 albums is not so much the production as the poor songwriting.

If she brings better songs to the studio I can't see why we all can't have the M album we want both new and old fan bases included?!

yea, the songwriting was poor and uninspired, but weren't they mostly demos sent to her that she tweaked a bit and got a songwriting credit for? I'd really like this time to be full on songs written by Madonna herself and not hand offs.

You should have seen him, in the Golden Triangle, screaming like a sissy queen when GGW started...

I just can't believe the asshole had the chance to be there, when I read every hateful post he does. I'm sure a REAL fan would have been so happy to be there. And grateful.

yea, the songwriting was poor and uninspired, but weren't they mostly demos sent to her that she tweaked a bit and got a songwriting credit for? I'd really like this time to be full on songs written by Madonna herself and not hand offs.

I think that's exactly what happened.

I don't think the poor songwriting on MDNA was done by M herself, I think she was given songs and added some lyrics.

This gave most of the songs a cut and paste feel for me, Turn Up The Radio being the worst of the lot.

I'm not sure why she didn't write more of the lyrics herself? Couldn't be bothered or too many things on the go at once (perfumes, films, gyms etc) ?

I really hope for this album she writes most of the lyrics this time!