New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

So this is really happening, picking up so many great vibes already. Thank you for the brand new forum section, let's enjoy every moment of a new era from the very beginning!

what we have for now?

Grammys recording session: 3 songs

Cover of: betven the bars

Oscar recording session: viking harem team (maybe about six songs because producers such as WO, Pharell were represented with this number on previous albums, just speculation)

Rebel heart: project name, the album title??

More promo please! More magazine covers this time! I miss those Vanity Fair & Rolling Stone photos and interviews. The MDNA corner of my humble M collection really feels incomplete. :)

Robyn, Annie, Lindstrom, Todd Terje - so many good Scandinavian respected artists. Instead we get fxxking Avicii and his mates. She better have lots of input in this project and not let their dreadful tastes spoil it.

Royskopp? If she had started working with them half this forum would have been bitching about how "old" and "tired" they are and that she would be jumping on an old bandwagon.

Annie and Robyn? They're singer-songwriters in their own rights and have their own careers to worry about. I don't see why they'd want to work with Madonna (or vice versa).

Most of you moaners will be eating your words if the album is great.

I'm all for M working with more Scandinavian producers on the new album!

I've said from the start that she should be working with Royksopp or Fever Ray.

A Robyn collaboration would also be amazing.

Sweden, Iceland and Norway have been leading the way in electronic music for the last decade, in both alternative/experimental and pop production.

Edited by humanracin

Anyway, I can't wait for this album to come out. Unlike many whom unfortunately have shown their unhappiness with Madonna's collab choices, I am optimistic about the future.

I got good vibes about this one.

OMG so good to see her being passionate about her new record! This can only mean that she'll deliver this time! I'm getting ROL vibes. And REBEL HEART is an amazing title for a song and an even better album title.

I'm hoping we'll get to see Nothing Really Matters or The Power of Good-Bye on this tour as they seem to fit the whole Viking/Rebel Heart/Revolution theme PERFECTLY!

She worked with Massive Attack and Nelly Hooper when they were 'the latest thing.' And I Want You and some stuff on Bedtime Stories is ace

Please let us not compare massive attack with avicii..................

Guest Xanthium

Sweden, Iceland and Norway have been leading the way in electronic music for the last decade, in both alternative/experimental and pop production.

PREACH!

Guest Xanthium

It's strange because usually i'd be the first to be unhappy with an Avicii collaboration but don't ask me why, i have a very good feeling this time. I can't tell you why but i get very good vibes from this new album.

I was in Macy's yesterday and Wake Me Up came on the speaker. The song is growing on me. The song's uplifting, joyous country qualities are what's giving me hope and allowing me to look beyond Avicii's use of generic beats. If Madonna pushes him to move beyond these limitations then I think we will have something to look forward to.

There are Stan's throwing in their Stan cards for this. Think that's kinda sad

it's sad for them. We haven't heard anything yet and people are doing that? They better leave because they definitely don't deserve to be part of this.

I wasn't thrilled, he wouldn't be my first choice (who am I?), but I'm still excited and don't doubt that they could come up with some really great music, personal preferences aside...

Guest Not4Pussies

What if the new look for the album artwork is frida Kahlo inspired. M loves her and frida was a rebel at heart.

If the album cover was of Madonna giving birth to herself I would die.

Pretty sure that was done by Lady Gaga, no? Don't take my word for it, though, since I don't know anything about her beyond what the gays in SF may relate over brunch. When they used to do that.

In any case, I'm all for Frida-inspired imagery. She just posted a pic of Friday on her Instagram, in fact....

I think it's pretty much a given it's going to be this year. To be talking about recording with avicii this early in the year and then not actually get it out there until a year later would be kind of anticlimactic