BREAKING NEWS: IGTTYAS now available on, erm... iTunes. Yeah, yay!

Apples388

As per Madonna's Facebook:

Madonna’s ‘I’m Going To Tell You A Secret’ tour documentary, which was originally released on DVD, is now available on iTunes!

The 2-hour documentary directed by Jonas Akerlund follows Madonna and her band on stage and backstage during her 2004 ‘Re-Invention Tour’ and includes live performances from the show.

Download your copy now! http://smarturl.it/IGTTYAS
1898217_10152284600764402_1003382124_n.j

It's not even in HD

What's the point anyway?

And where's the uncensored AL video as promised from the original press release? Hmm?

Yeah data what I thought

What's the point anyway?

And where's the uncensored AL video as promised from the original press release? Hmm?

Yeah data what I thought

well HD would be a nice update in picture quality over the DVD version, since there are no plans to release it on blu-ray.

What's the point anyway?

Yeah data what I thought

Well, I know the wording in the press release made it more clear that it would be a bonus feature all by itself, so that technically was incorrect... rather misleading. However, in their defense, the director's cut of the AL video is clearly visible on the video screens during the live performance. So, the uncensored video is visible in IGTTYAS. The FULL video is not included, but it is visible.

I know I'm splitting hairs, and we were hoping for more based on the press release, but in the end, they can say it's there, just not in its entirety.

:order: It doesn't work like that. Plus it's not the same video, it has an even different ending...

I agree with you ... was just imagining what their response would be.

Re: the different ending ... didn't they shoot multiple endings purposely? The one that was originally leaked and then pulled was a different ending from the one used in RIT, but ... one could argue the RIT one is the truly 'uncensored' one and the leaked one was the 'censored' one. (The "flag" one doesn't really count as anything -- it's entirely B roll footage! haha!) The RIT version is certainly more graphic with the gore than the one that leaked. ... more blood and limbs.

I guess my question is, then, what ending do you think the 'uncensored'/director's cut featured? There's the one with the George Bush lookalike catching the grenade and using it as a lighter to light his cigar. That was in the leaked version, which she pulled. The RIT version has the Bush lookalike cuddling with the Hussein doppelganger. But I think those two weren't even the only two endings, if I recall correctly? I don't even know where I heard/read that now, though. Feels like so long ago. And it's even weirder to think about now that Hussein is dead. [in some ways, that's why I prefer that, even if she's going to be political, she be less literal with it, and more metaphorical. Decades from now, when her art is viewed and interpreted, it may lose some of its impact because some of the history will not be immediately accessible to the viewers. Whereas, if it's metaphorical, it will be more universal... I don't know. I'm not saying she's wrong to have done it a certain way. Just musing here.]

I believe she once said in an interview that the video was intended to be like 12-15 mins long, and would include dialogue.

The original video, which was pulled, has Bush catching the grenade.

The uncensored/director's cut has Madonna throwing the grenade onto the stage.

The RIT backdrop has Bush and Sadam kissing each others cheeks and sharing a cigar.

It's pretty obvious a lot was filmed for the video. I mean, there are 2 celeb lookalikes in the video, Jack Nicholson and Sophia Loren. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more....

Remember the poem ...

I have a cage

Its called the stage

When Im let out

I run about

And sing and dance and sweat and yell

I have so many tales to tell

I like to push things to the edge

And inch my way along the ledge

I feel like God, I feel like shit

The paradox, an even split

Its just a job, I always say

I should be grateful everyday

Sometimes I think I just cant do it

But I persist and I get through it

And I console myself each night

At least my cage is filled with light

The uncensored/director's cut has Madonna throwing the grenade onto the stage.

Oh -- forgot about that. I may have seen that at some point ... Does it have those vertical screens showing an image of her covering her ears and looking like she's screaming when that happens? (You know how those screens were in the background of the runway, with the B-roll footage of her mouthing the lyrics?)

the truth or dare blu-ray is locked and only available in north america! like come on... hopeless.