Media Psychologist in 1993 Claims Madonna will Attempt Suicide the Older She Gets

Skin

I am watching this Madonna special they did in 1993. Have never seen it before, but this guy at the end cracked me up. :lol: As if Madonna would ever.

Even the loony astrologer comes off as more legit.

I like what that loser in the beginning called her;

Shes just going on & on & on' -Did he unintentionally pen the lyrics of GI2M? :wow:

Lmao. I thought the same thing.

Yeah, I remember when that "special" aired on TV... right around the time Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous was cancelled.

This is a prime example of her affect on the media at the time of the SEX book and BOE, unfortunately

the Erotica album came with that bundle and was overlooked because it wasn't as salacious like the other two.

A Pop Diva 10 years into her career was still getting all that press and (frankly wasted) airtime devoted to a bunch opinions about her.

Camille Barbone finally stepped forward during that special though, but couldn't play any of the music from the pre-fame era because of contractual crap.

That whole mythology of her early days continued the next year with the TV movie "Madonna: Innocence Lost"

Cher's Dad from Clueless played Tonny Ciccone. It was priceless.. and awful!

Yeah, I remember when that "special" aired on TV... right around the time Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous was cancelled.

This is a prime example of her affect on the media at the time of the SEX book and BOE, unfortunately

the Erotica album came with that bundle and was overlooked because it wasn't as salacious like the other two.

A Pop Diva 10 years into her career was still getting all that press and (frankly wasted) airtime devoted to a bunch opinions about her.

Camille Barbone finally stepped forward during that special though, but couldn't play any of the music from the pre-fame era because of contractual crap.

That whole mythology of her early days continued the next year with the TV movie "Madonna: Innocence Lost"

Cher's Dad from Clueless played Tonny Ciccone. It was priceless.. and awful!

Madryan, as usual you are spot on about everything. :clap:

Interesting really that even through the "backlash" and over the top analysing of everything about her, people were still so interested in her. The fact that she just went on with her own vision and proved all of the nay-sayers wrong was wonderful and also showed a lot of bravery, intelligence and talent. I also think that some people are a bit annoyed that she has never self-destructed despite their predictions that she would do so.

Interesting really that even through the "backlash" and over the top analysing of everything about her, people were still so interested in her. The fact that she just went on with her own vision and proved all of the nay-sayers wrong was wonderful and also showed a lot of bravery, intelligence and talent. I also think that some people are a bit annoyed that she has never self-destructed despite their predictions that she would do so.

This right here. She never gives them what they want...she does what she wants. And she's lived the most incredible, successful life doing so (and still!!!)... and they can't handle it. She pushes some button deep within so many...reminding them what truly living as an enlightened, educated, creative, and open-minded being truly is, and when they realize they don't have that, or even more so, fear it...it brings out the worst in them. Frustrating... but fucking brilliant. There is no one like Madonna...and there never will be.

Actually Isaac's it was a 2 HOUR PRIMETIME TV SPECIAL

The kids who are into the other pop girls today just have no idea of Madonna's dominance from 89-93.

Bingo. When you see these comparisons to the pop tarts of today...it just goes to show you how much they don't know (or have forgotten). Sad.

God, that I remember that awful special. But yes, it does show just how enormously popular she was back then. Her fame was absolutely untouchable - unfathomable, even.

As if Madonna would ever commit suicide. She is so strong, and has so much respect for herself. She's survived criticism like no one else has ever seen, and came out on top. A nervous breakdown or public meltdown would have been completely understandable, had she had one, but she overcame it all. And continues to do so. I can't imagine taking the beatings she's taken.

There were also a number of talk shows like Geraldo and all that junk back then that would have entire shows about her "has she gone too far?" Etc. If you bought a magazine and she wasn't on the cover then she was inside. And Mtv played her all day and night. I think a lot of this gets overlooked when people look back and say "but this song peaked at #2" etc. She dominated earth for a solid 5 years.

I remember running 2 my neighbours house asking them 2 tape it 4 me, cuz it was on some

channel u had 2 pay for... :rotfl:

That phone at the very end :lmao:we gave u an opportunity 2 respond :rotfl:

The backlash years, so many fond memories :inlove:

I don't think any artist has ever experienced that on sucha large scale.

It (the backlash) was truly a unique (pré-internet) media phenomenon, worthy of being dissected

by scholars.

Madonna is the fucking Queen.

Madonna is too scared of death and decay to consider suicide

tumblr_mt762aVuHD1rjxoico1_400.gif

"What I want. Is to live forever. Not defined by time and space, its a lonely place. That's what I want.

I remember running 2 my neighbours house asking them 2 tape it 4 me, cuz it was on some

channel u had 2 pay for... :rotfl:

That phone at the very end :lmao:we gave u an opportunity 2 respond :rotfl:

The backlash years, so many fond memories :inlove:

I don't think any artist has ever experienced that on sucha large scale.

It (the backlash) was truly a unique (pré-internet) media phenomenon, worthy of being dissected

by scholars.

Madonna is the fucking Queen.

The phone!!! I forgot that not only was it a 2 hour special, but it was LIVE special! Lol! Like she was at home watching it!

Thanks :-) I'm glad I remember all those minute details from way back then, cuz yesterday is a blur. With age comes wisdom... If you can remember you have it. Lol!

I agree the amount of shit this woman has had thrown at her (especially during that era) it's amazing that none of it actually made contact with her. She's dodged pretty much every other controversy that might have ended less steely and strong celebrities.