Nothing Fails vs. Intervention

Shane

The first time I listened to this one-two punch, I swear I cried. They were two of the most beautiful ballads I had ever heard, and it was as though Madonna was combining the Music album with 70s era Joni Mitchell.

But which of these gems is better?! Discuss ...

American Life is seriously one of the best records ever recorded. And these two songs are two strong reasons why. I love both. It depends on my mood. I'd say Intervention is more my favorite at the moment though.

I'm totally unable to say which one is my favorite. Besides, it's kind of a trilogy to me with X-Static Process : the 3 songs back to back are 13'32" of pure bliss.

I know, right? Throw in the lovely Easy Ride, and you have a work of epic proportions, joining Erotica as her overlooked masterpiece. Yeah, that's right!

I know, right? Throw in the lovely Easy Ride, and you have a work of epic proportions, joining Erotica as her overlooked masterpiece. Yeah, that's right!

I guess it's not surprising to say that these 2 albums are on top of my list.

Anyways, if I really HAD to stick to the rules and pick a song, I'd go with Intervention - solely based on its frustratingly short rendition in Re Invention Tour : i want more !

Nothing Fails. Is it even a question? I still get so many goosebumps from her voice.

It was not a chance meeting.

Feel my heart beating.

You're the one...

Yep, it is a question, and the answer is Intervention. :-)

Guest Not4Pussies

Nothing Fails. Is it even a question? I still get so many goosebumps from her voice.

It was not a chance meeting.

Feel my heart beating.

You're the one...

i'm in love with you, you silly thing anyone can see

I too was emotionally exhausted when I first heard these two songs especially when the choir soars in Nothing Fails but when I first heard Intervention, it vibrated joy through my veins. I got that infectious tingling feeling that I got when I first fell in love. Ya, Intervention.

Nothing Fails is my favorite song ever, I left mexico for a boyfriend in London, who didn't want a boyfriend when I got there, coming back to my family and friends... Dancing with them to peter rauhoffers

mix of this song for almost a year in every afterhours, and realizing that Nothing Fails

Both are gorgeous... Intervention is one of my fave M tracks. Luv the guitar on the middle part of the song. I remember I always listened to these songs when I finally found the love of my life during the AL era. The first time I commit myself to a serious relationship.

Sadly a music video for NF never happened. I did recall the video was supposed to be shot at Jerusalem.

Edited by hardcandy25

The first time I listened to AL Nothing Fails was THE song, you know. That one track that really got through my system. But with the years, Intervention has lingered on with me. I've grown and the song still is pretty much a part of my playlists, still now. So I'd choose Intervention.

There's a certain warmth to Intervention, maybe it's the mother's love/protection theme of the lyrics, plus M's vocals. I love that song.

It's like you're making me choose between my mother and my father. I love both.

But I'll go with Intervention. The lyrics are one of my ultimate favorites and that guitar. And someone said above the song lingers. It creeps in on you slowly and stays there.