Ariana Grande Loves Madonna's Attitude

HolidayGuy

http://www.gossipcop.com/ariana-grande-v-magazine-vegan-beyonce-mariah-carey-madonna/

Ariana Grande in V Magazine: “My Fans Know That I’m A Nice Girl”

Ariana Grande opens up about going vegan, being compared to Mariah Carey, what she’s learned from Beyonce and Madonna, and how she’s facing down haters in a new V magazine interview.

The singer says she changed her diet after watching the documentary Forks Over Knives.

“In America, almost everybody thinks you need to have meat for protein. Protein, protein, protein!” says Grande. “And what’s in dairy? Calcium, calcium, calcium. It’s those kinds of proteins that latch onto the insides of your bloodstream and make it easier for you to have a heart attack.”

She continues, “Look, cows produce milk with nutrients for cows. Maybe that’s why Americans end up looking like cows!… Ultimately, no one wants cow t*t pus in their food, do they?”

Asked about the Carey comparisons, Grande explains, “I mean, it’s a huge compliment, But when you hear my entire album, you’ll see that Mariah’s sound is much different than mine.”

RELATED – Ariana Grande Does NOT Have Cocaine Problem, Gearing Up To Sue Perez Hilton For False Claims

In fact, she credits Beyonce with showing her how to grow as an artist.

“That’s where I discovered my range. I grew up listening to Destiny’s Child. I would try so hard to mimic all Beyoncé’s little runs and ad-lib things,” she says. “They are so precise. It’s like math.”

And Grande learned how to handle the spotlight from Madonna.

“She is my idol as far as attitude,” the performer tells V. “I just love how she stands up for what she believes in and surprises people by not eff-ing up when they want her to so badly.

Later, Grande remarks, “Know what I love the most about Madonna? When a bad review came out, she was the first person to say ‘F*ck you.’ When someone said she sounded like Minnie Mouse, she crawled into bed naked except for Minnie Mouse ears. It’s such a good attitude to have. It’s inspiring to me because there are times when I think I’ve been a weak, people-pleasing little mouse my whole life.”

And she’s trying to get tough.

“That’s what I am learning right now, that I have to become stronger in this industry,” explains Grande. “I’ve learned over the past year that you don’t have time to chase after every person who doesn’t understand you. The people that know me know that I’m a nice girl. My fans know that I’m a nice girl. My friends know that I’m a nice girl. And ultimately, that’s all that matters.”

How many of you have noticed that A LOT of female singers admire Madonna for her attitude, fashion sense, being a an icon blah blah blah. It's not very often that you read about them loving her MUSIC.

It's become so predictable.

How many of you have noticed that A LOT of female singers admire Madonna for her attitude, fashion sense, being a an icon blah blah blah. It's not very often that you read about them loving her MUSIC.

I've noticed this too. They almost always mention her ability to reinvent herself also, but they're talking about her style and personas. What about the music? Her ability to reinvent her music is the key to her success and why she is great. She's like Serge Gainsbourg in that respect. He tried a lot of different styles, but always with his own twist, and it always worked. Just like Madonna.

In this same V interview it mentions that she was listening to both new and old Madonna during the shoot. And she's always tweeting about listening to Madonna and watching her vids

ive noticed that too but I'm sure its not intentional. as a woman i admire her attitude the most as well.. she's so strong. so maybe it's a woman thing. it's the first we think about i guess..? however i also think that some only say it because it's easier and they don't actually like her albums or shows. however I'm certain ariana loves her. the men who mention her in a positive way often talk about her voice and work ethic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCkAr0LPJaQ

I love Ariana. She's absolutely stunning, both visually and vocally. Above is her live performance of "Tattooed Heart" from the American Music Awards last November. Amazing! My brother introduced me to her a few years ago. He's a huge fan and got to meet her in person last year. She's extremely talented, especially with doing imitations of other people. Her range is incredible. Check these videos out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDgQBG-wNnE

She's praised Madonna (and yes her music too) on twitter a bunch of times the past few years.

True. Also people are never just fans of Madonna because of her personality. They love her music as well and rightly so - her music is what made her famous. Madonna is a complete package and her talent and music is always admired by fans - famous fans too.