Madonna:1995 The Today Show

Chuck82

I had forgotten how amazing this interview is. Watching it now is even more touching to me in terms of her views. I love seeing how her mannerisms are still the same today.

very interesting at 5.55 her views on being the most famous woman in the world, perfectly explains why none of the pop slags in this day and age will ever reach her heights.

very interesting at 5.55 her views on being the most famous woman in the world, perfectly explains why none of the pop slags in this day and age will ever reach her heights.

So true. That is why she has survived through everything to do with fame - the intense scrutiny, being idolized and also having people wanting her to fail. I also loved how she mentioned having a sense of humour as being part of surviving being so famous. Her humour is wonderful and it always amazes me how some people - including her fans,- just don't get it. She looked beautiful in this interview and I thought Richard Wilkins did a good job as well. Often he is cringe-worthy but I liked him here and how he spoke of her afterwards in the studio.

Seeing her saying all this...and defend her work it's so great!

What happened to her in 2000 when people asked her about the Sex book and she'd go and say something like "I'm not even sure why i did it!"

Thank god that boring Madonna is gone now and we're back to this badass Madonna! :D

Shame that her music doesn't show this anymore though!