New Album Rumours & Discussion

I LOVE Madonna and those songs you mentioned, but I would hate if she released a whole album of her "rapping". She is no Kendrick Lamar, Nas or even Kanye.

I think you underestimate the queen. Wish there was more belief in her from some fans. I know even casual fans that have faith in her to make an innovative rap album. I think people that are against the idea, are those that want it to sound like Minage. Or Kanye. Madonna's would be artistic, avant-garde, parodic, artful, not poppy or conventional like the rest. And I think that scares those fans. An entire album of Secret Gardens, Eroticas, mother and Fathers, JMLs, Vogues, AL, Gang Bang, etc, would be phenom. I think they wound be afraid that many people wouldn't "get" her. But I say, why the fuck do you care?

I think you underestimate the queen. Wish there was more belief in her from some fans. I know even casual fans that have faith in her to make an innovative rap album. I think people that are against the idea, are those that want it to sound like Minage. Or Kanye. Madonna's would be artistic, avant-garde, parodic, artful , not poppy or conventional like the rest. And I think that scares those fans. An entire album of Secret Gardens, Eroticas, mother and Fathers, JMLs, Vogues, AL, Gang Bang, erc, would be phenom.

She's not a rapper. I say this as a longtime (mid 1980's was when I started liking her) fan who listens to a lot of rap music.

I believe she can make the greatest album ever recorded if she wants to, but she is not a rapper.

She's not a rapper. I say this as a longtime (mid 1980's was when I started liking her) fan who listens to a lot of rap music.

I believe she can make the greatest album ever recorded if she wants to, but she is not a rapper.

She's not a rapper as you know rap. I believe she could change the face of all that and blur the lines of what rap can do. She's already done it with sone of her works. Like I said, I don't expect her to do a conventional rap record. It would be very avant-garde.

I didn't say I was an expert, but I do listen to a lot of rap.

Either way, Madonna is not a rapper but you can continue to feel like she is.

I was not referring to you knowing rap. I was suggesting that new forms of rap and spoken word could be stretched and blurred. "Rap as we know it" I meant. Madonna's raps have never been conventional. And I would expect something avant- garde and innovative if she continues rapping. The worst is the guest rappers. Except did you do it was interesting.

I didn't say I was an expert, but I do listen to a lot of rap.

Either way, Madonna is not a rapper but you can continue to feel like she is.

what is this "she's not a rapper" shyt?

Of course she's a rapper if she wants to.

what is this "she's not a rapper" shyt?

Of course she's a rapper if she wants to.

Madonna and her true fans hate when people try to put her in a box. If the queen of kink can be a number 1 children's book author, she can certainly be a rapper. And she has.

spoken word stuff… fine

rapping about lattes, gyms, perfumes and mdna face creams… please NO!

gimme black hair, gothed out trip hop electronica M, throw in some decent songwriting that might help too...

I want: M 2014 dark disco album, synth washes and strings!

spoken word stuff… fine

+1

Spoken word or rapping, she's successfully done both in the past. A few times with a little less success. For me it's all about the context. Recording a whole freakin' album of rapping however… :rotfl:

spoken word stuff… fine

gimme black hair, gothed out trip hop electronica M, throw in some decent songwriting that might help too...

A lot of strings !!!

Humanracin your ideas for the next era sound amazing. I'd love to see the whole Frozen thing taken to the next level and we know Gaultier would make her some amazing costumes.

spoken word stuff… fine

AMEN

I worked out to MDNA this morning and I feel fresh and rejuvenated. Only Madonna... :dramatic:

Doing one's warm up to I'm Addicted is pretty much the best.

I also listened to Gang Bang on the bus yesterday (hasn't listened to it in months) and felt like a total badass. The quality of the song has really lessened for me, though. But it's still a fun little number!

Well he's holding a branch out for her...

Exclusive: Nile Rodgers wants to work with his best friend Madonna after revealing he’ll be making more music than ever after beating cancer.

The 61-year-old Chic star wants to team up with Madge again, having previously hit the studio with her on her Like A Virgin album.

‘I adore Madonna. If she ever wants to work, I am totally down,’ he said, adding that she had helped him kick drugs two decades ago.

‘For a gazillion years I have always said she is the hardest-working person I have ever worked with. She is the most dedicated. The most focused and I absolutely adore her.’

The New Yorker also revealed he is putting the finishing touches to a new track he made with Brit nominees Disclosure and critics’ choice winner Sam Smith.

‘We cut another song at the same time but it was so amazing that we wanted to spend time and get it right,’ he told Metro – having previously worked with the British musicians on a track called Together.

‘They sent the new song to me three days ago and I put a new bass line on the second part. It’s scary!’

Rodgers stole the show at the Warner Music Group & Belvedere Brit awards after-party at The Savoy with a set featuring 45-year-old Kylie Minogue.

He also told fans to expect to hear a lot more from him in the charts after being given the all-clear from prostate cancer.

‘A little over three years ago I was diagnosed with extremely aggressive cancer and, I don’t mean to make light of it, but they were counting me out. And I thought “You know, I’m going to do more music and more records than I have ever done in my life”,’ he said.

Well he's throwing a stick for her...

Exclusive: Nile Rodgers wants to work with his best friend Madonna after revealing he’ll be making more music than ever after beating cancer.

The 61-year-old Chic star wants to team up with Madge again, having previously hit the studio with her on her Like A Virgin album.

‘I adore Madonna. If she ever wants to work, I am totally down,’ he said, adding that she had helped him kick drugs two decades ago.

‘For a gazillion years I have always said she is the hardest-working person I have ever worked with. She is the most dedicated. The most focused and I absolutely adore her.’

Nice! Would be interesting to see what they can come up with now!

I can't wait for new music! The wait is killing me :lol:

Well, Nile Rodgers was, is and will always be a talented music producer. He knows music, he loves music, he's into what he does. His touch on a song brings a rhythmic and a rhythm that makes people wanna get up and dance, he's has the groove in his veins. The stuff he did 30 years ago with Chic, Diana Ross, Sisters Sledge, Duran Duran , Madonna is forever brilliant, and what he did last year with Daft Punk proves he still got it intact. His famous guitar style still works wonder nowadays in the ears of everybody like it did 30 years ago. Madonna was right in that Limelight MTV interview when she said he is a genius.

I'd like her to do something similar to Alison Moyet's latest album The MInutes.

http://youtu.be/SabdDNJTlVY

Alison Moyet's The Minutes wasn't just a return to form but is actually her best album… ever!

My number 1 album of 2013, closely followed by John Grant's Pale Green Ghosts.

Guy Sigsworth did an amazing job production wise, this was Alison's Ray Of Light moment.