New Album Rumours & Discussion

Does she have some record company control no? You know, when they had to present several tracks and record moguls said "WTF? go back to studio" and things like that. Or is she her only boss?

With Live Nation mostly concerned with touring and Interscope just doing distribution I don't see where anyone would be concerned or step in, except that LN might want the album tied in to the tour and released at a certain time (which seemed to be the case with mdna).

Sometimes it's good for an artist to have some control. Warner made Madonna film Vogue because Oh Father was not a top hit. They tried to make her include bigger hits in American Life (or was this just a rumour?) and they wanted to release Amazing, that would have been a global hit. Madonna wanted Bedtime Story as first single, and Warner went for Secret. She had in mind Bad Girl as second single, but Warner released Deeper and Deeper.

Of course, other times Madonna knew better. But i think that if there's a good relationship between the artist and the record company, normally they both have different visions and the results are better.

Artists like Tori Amos have lost it since they left their main record lable.

Sometimes it's good for an artist to have some control. Warner made Madonna film Vogue because Oh Father was not a top hit. They tried to make her include bigger hits in American Life (or was this just a rumour?) and they wanted to release Amazing, that would have been a global hit. Madonna wanted Bedtime Story as first single, and Warner went for Secret. She had in mind Bad Girl as second single, but Warner released Deeper and Deeper.

Of course, other times Madonna knew better. But i think that if there's a good relationship between the artist and the record company, normally they both have different visions and the results are better.

Artists like Tori Amos have lost it since they left their main record lable.

Agreed. Record companies get a bad reputation as these evil corporations who only care about money and are doing in artists, but sometimes they do have good input and suggestions. Artists may not always know what works best for them. A lot of artists who have full control, who write all their own songs, play every instrument, produce their own music and have their own label become kind of isolated and divorced from reality. Sometimes you need objective input from outsiders.

Madonna wanted Bedtime Story and I think Warner wanted Don't Stop for 3rd single...? Don't Stop may have been a hit but it would have been forgotten, Bedtime Story wasn't a big hit but it kept her fans very happy and in the long run I think that does more than a come and go hit.

Warner were too shy sometimes too. They didn't want Impressive Instant as a single, and in fact it would have been THE BEST THING. But of course, after WIFLFAG, they wanted a safe single, not another "weird" one.

Don't Stop would have been a horrid single. The song was weak even back then. BS was a great choice.

I wonder what would have happened if BS would have been first single? It doesn't represent the rest of the album at all.

I never heard Madonna wanted BS as lead single, but it's possible.

I don't think Impressive Instant would have been a big hit but I think Madonna would have pushed it with an amazing video and it would have been one of those flop singles people still talk about years later.

new album threads are both cruel and exciting..everytime someone posts something (with no information, like this post i'm writing) i get false hope when the thread gets a bump!

i want patrick leonard and joe henry for the ballads and a slinky night time feel for the dance stuff, like kavinsky's 'nightcall' or frank ocean's 'pyramids' as long as it sounds mature like the second half of the 'music' album

That kind of sounds like a NO for Daft Punk to me. That, or not a sure thing. Or is she being coy?

I love that a new era is on the horizon. These are the best times to follow M and get these exciting scraps. :tigger:

Daft Punk still not conviced about working with her. We should know by now.

I would love to. Can't wait.

The last update of this webpage was today, so maybe it's true. :dramatic:

How do you see this ? I ask because actually now i wonder if this article is up to date cause it says :

his recent projects include albums by Casey Stratton, Duncan Sheik, and a collection of rearranged classic Bon Jovi cuts, "This Left Feels Right.

and all these albums are from 2003, and it's around that time he & M started to work on "Hello Suckers"...

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm probably the only one that's not that interested in a daft punk collabo. Maybe back in Music era but now I don't really see it

How do you see this ? I ask because actually now i wonder if this article is up to date cause it says :

his recent projects include albums by Casey Stratton, Duncan Sheik, and a collection of rearranged classic Bon Jovi cuts, "This Left Feels Right.

and all these albums are from 2003

Yeah, I didn't want to ruin people's fun but this has been up for years, about him working on a Madonna project. And he did: He composed the original score to I Am Because We Are. He also worked on Hello Sucker.

I never heard Madonna wanted BS as lead single, but it's possible.

I don't think Impressive Instant would have been a big hit but I think Madonna would have pushed it with an amazing video and it would have been one of those flop singles people still talk about years later.

Didn't know that either, but found out in the Bedtime Stories thread in Timeline Genesis (here on MN).

I'm probably the only one that's not that interested in a daft punk collabo. Maybe back in Music era but now I don't really see it

I agree. They were big 14 years ago. Get Lucky owed more to Nile Rogers than the pointless twiddly bit they contributed. It's not like their sound is a anything different now. I do like the ides of Disclosure though.

As for Pat Leonard, that does sound positive after some of the dodgy dj producer outputs of the last few years.

We only can see the last update made on the website, not WHAT was it. I have no idea for how long that is written over there. Well, maybe after 10 years they should change the text.

I agree. They were big 14 years ago. Get Lucky owed more to Nile Rogers than the pointless twiddly bit they contributed. It's not like their sound is a anything different now. I do like the ides of Disclosure though.

As for Pat Leonard, that does sound positive after some of the dodgy dj producer outputs of the last few years.

What was last thing Leotard produced for her? LAP album?

Warner wanted Frozen, while Madge: ROL. I think Warner were right.

Pat Leonard means classic Madonna, so I more than welcome this collaboration.

Daft Punk sounds cool, but I much prefer Leonard and Henry as songwriters. Whoever produces the solid material would not be relevant.

Guest whatatramp

Warner wanted Frozen, while Madge: ROL. I think Warner were right.

Pat Leonard means classic Madonna, so I more than welcome this collaboration.

Daft Punk sounds cool, but I much prefer Leonard and Henry as songwriters. Whoever produces the solid material would not be relevant.

her Kabbalah instructor told her to put out Frozen as the first single she said it in an interview

I remember M saying that "Frozen" was the first single because it best captured the tone and mood of the album, which is very accurate. "Ray of Light" would have made a great first single as well, but "Frozen" better represents the album, which is mostly midtempo and moody.

You are not the only one, Sweetheart!

I hate it too, why she works only with successful people at the moment. It doesn't guarantee success :(

For people who are wondering what Patrick Leonard has being doing recently... he wrote and produced a song for/with Dutch singer Ilse DeLange. The song is called Blue Bittersweet and it was released last year.

Many people thought this was a Madonna/Daft Punk song when it was released here in the Netherlands...

Guest whatatramp

You are not the only one, Sweetheart!

I hate it too, why she works only with successful people at the moment. It doesn't guarantee success :(

+3

For people who are wondering what Patrick Leonard has being doing recently... he wrote and produced a song for/with Dutch singer Ilse DeLange. The song is called Blue Bittersweet and it was released last year.

Many people thought this was a Madonna/Daft Punk song when it was released here in the Netherlands...

you are extremely cute if that's you in your avatar.