Rank Madonna's album covers

TearsInHeaven

Seriously! A real cowgirl wouldn't be caught dead in un-ironed polyester. She should've gone with denim.

They made good use of what they had. Mondino shot some beautiful pics of M, like the set used on The Face magazine. But the "night" portraits were electric and had more energy in them, an obvious choice for album cover material. My complaint isn't about the wrinkles (it's country afterall, they dont care about those things), it's more about her face. It's okay..., but there was a better shot where she had a slight smile. Or even the photo where she's dancing. What makes up for the photograph is Kevin Reagan's design skills. Those rhinestones and the insignia was stun gorg!!!! :wow:

Well, true ART should garner strong reactions :wow:

I agree 100 percent. And I am a much bigger fan of Madonna the artist than Madonna the CHARTist. I'm just saying it is the one cover where I can see one of her straight male fans or soccer mom fans possibly not buying it at Target due to the in your face quality. Not like a lot of people by any means, but possibly a few?

Seriously! A real cowgirl wouldn't be caught dead in un-ironed polyester. She should've gone with denim.

Yeah, but she's not a real cowgirl so... #badactressing

I love how you're so serious when it comes to ironing clothes :inlove:

1. MDNA
  2. Ray Of Light
  3. Music
  4. Confessions On A Dancefloor
  5. True Blue
  6. Bedtime Stories
  7. Madonna
  8. Like A Virgin
  9. Erotica
  10. Like A Prayer
  11. American Life
  12. Hard Candy (It smells fishy just to look at it)

I love most, if not all, of M's album covers.. but none tops TRUE BLUE.

When you read photography/art books, that image is often regarded as the best representation of Herb Ritt's work at his peak and one of the most memorable/notable pop photos of the 80s. the image itself of Madonna fusing Monroe and Brando (or James Dean) cemented her immortal icon status. It tells or hints of an intriguing story, and Madonna herself is so captivating-- and she doesn't even look at the camera! And, yes, Madonna simply has the best profile ever. I am forever obsessed with how perfect her face is!

My 2nd would be Madonna. The impact of seeing that for the first time was so great for me..and one can already say she is a star of the first order. She'so hip beyond words!

3rd would be Like A Virgin. Another timeless iconica.

4th is ROL. So elegant and classy and dreamy. Looking at the cover itself tells you that the entire project is first class magnificent. A great example of the image fitting the music the album contains.

5th is MDNA De luxe. The colors, the graphic vibrancy, the facets, that FACE.

6th is BS. Like with ROL, I so can almost imagine Madonna looking only like in the cover/album pics singing the album's songs. I love the colors. Madonna is so sexy.

7th is LAP. The MOST FAMOUS NAVEL IN ALL OF HISTORY. If taken together with the scent as an experience, this should rank higher.

8th. Something to Remember. Beautiful is the word. Oh, so are elegant and sexy. Melancholic also describes it..

9th Immaculate Collection. I was so disappointed her face or image is not on it. But I came to think that as a greatest hits collection of peerless pop music, it's appropriate that only her NAME needs to be attached to it, plus the title says it all. Simple yet grand.

10th COADF. That pose. Her body lines. The expressiveness of her hand. Retro cool.

11th. Music. I actually like the color saturation, plus the cowgirl trend she set off is preserved forever. I prefer the he milkshake shot, though.

12th. You Can Dance. Her hot very young granny matador look is so memorable. Plus I love orange!

13th. The crotch! :lmao:, the cheap photoshopped (as somebody here mentioned) candy swirl background. Clearly, Madonna was just really taking the piss for this cover. Annoyed many but so cute to me :inlove:

14th. Im Breathless. Gorgeous Miss Mahoney.

15. GHV2. Who can resist a Madonna stare?

16th. AL. Aptly militant, though I admit Patty Hearst owns the look.

17th. R&R. Madonna was temporarily lost in the Gap wilderness from where she quickly made it through...

Guest whatatramp

Gorgeous STUDIO album cover..

lmaooo

1. madonna

2. ray of light

3. true blue

4. erotica

5. like a virgin

6. MDNA (deluxe)

7. like a prayer

8. bedtime stories

9. music

10. COADF

11. american life

12. hard candy

1. Ray of Light

2. Bedtime Stories

3. I'm Breathless

4. Confessions on a Dance Floor

5. True Blue

6. Like A Virgin

7. Madonna

8. Music

9. Hard Candy

10. MDNA

11. American Life

12. Erotica

13. Like A Prayer

1. True Blue

2. Madonna

3. Erotica

4. Ray Of Light

5. Like A Virgin

6. Like A Prayer

7. You Can Dance

8. Something To Remember

9. Bedtime Stories

10. Confessions On A Dancefloor

11. Celebration

12. Music

13. M.D.N.A

14. I'm Breathless

15. American Life

16. Hard Candy

too tired to 'rank' but *instantly* think of True Blue (off the chart instantly iconic), Erotica, Madonna, ROL, and MDNA (one of her best album covers yet worst albums LOL) :.( Towards the bottom is def. Hard Candy, BS and AL :# lol. LAV, faceless yet semi iconic LAP, Music, COAD and STR (she looks gorgeous) rank in the middle though def. LAV out of all those reigns supreme of course =)

True Blue

MDNA (Deluxe)

Erotica

American Life

Like A Virgin

Madonna

Bedtime Stories

Ray Of Light

Like A Prayer

Hard Candy

Music

Confessions On A Dancefloor

TIC

Celebration

You Can Dance

I'm Breathless

Something To Remember

Remixed and Revisited

GHV2

Who's That Girl

MDNA Tour

Confessions Tour

I'm Going To Tell You A Secret

Sticky & Sweet Tour

1 MDNA (Nobody like Mert and Marcus!!!)

2 American Life

3 Bedtime Stories

4 Like a Virgin

5 Confessions on a Dance Floor

6 Ray of Light

7 Erotica

8 Madonna

9 Hard Candy

10 Music

11 True Blue

12 Like a prayer

I love Madonna's album covers.

Music

Bedtime Stories

MDNA (Deluxe)

American Life

Hard Candy

Ray Of Light

True Blue

Like a Prayer

Like a Virgin

Madonna

COADF

Erotica

Well.... I am breathless.... Celebration are georgeous!!!