Best Super Bowl Halftime Shows: Various Lists/Articles; + Bruno Mars Tops M's #s

Guest gang bang

I don't know about these lists but as far as most everyone I know - gay, straight, men, women, fan, non-fan, young, old - they rate Madonna's performance one of the best if not the best ever.

Guest gang bang
Billboard..

Bruno Mars' 'Jukebox' Sales Jump 164% After Super Bowl Halftime Performance
By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | February 03, 2014

Bruno Mars is set to return to the top 10 of the Billboard 200 albums chart, thanks to his Super Bowl halftime performance on Sunday, February 2.

According to Nielsen's preliminary viewership numbers, about icon_rolleyes.gif 97 million TV viewers watched this year's Super Bowl, down from the 109 million that tuned in a year ago (February 3, 2013). icon_wink.gif
Related

Last year, Beyonce headlined the Super Bowl halftime show, where she was briefly joined by her Destiny's Child group members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Unlike Mars, Beyonce didn't have a current album riding high on the charts at the time.

Magde s superbowl still the most watched ever icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

looool no mention of the BMars' Superbowl here in Europe. when M was on it you could see it EVERYWHERE advertised lol. talk about global icon. i knew very little of what the SB was prior to M performing it and so the majority of Europe :lol:

Just another proof that all those younger musicians simply can't deliver. Ratings wise. All this overhyping of social media stats is a fluke. It means nothing. I wonder when will people stop making fuss about the number of twitter followers, Facebook friends (well, the last thing I have heard is that Facebook is dead anyway) or Youtube views? For how many times have we seen those number are irrelevant to generate actual business. And that's what it boils down to after all. Business. And this is something Madonna hardly ever fails.

Fox Sports: The half-time show also set a record with 115.3 million viewers watching Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, beating the 110.8 million delivered by Beyonce last year and the prior record of 114.0 million set by Madonna two years ago.

What a... :mellow:

Now this is pretty weird. Preliminary ratings by Nielsen were suggesting a viewership of around 97 million. Now all of a sudden they have north of 111 million. That's almost 15 million more? And Bruno Mars did the atypical "more than the game" with 115 million and therefore 4 million more than the game? Something is off.

Quite frankly the first numbers make way more sense considering the game was lame. The internet is full of stories that people switched the channel because they were bored.

i don't believe that for one second

they had different numbers just a few hours ago. this is very shady.

anyway, they didn't even talk about bruno mars here, they said "THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS PERFORMED" lol

WTF. Are these official numbers?

If it makes you feel any better, MANY MANY people were stuck indoors due to the lousy weather. They had to watch something. Nielsen numbers ALWAYS go up when the weather is bad.

It really all depends on the sport teams playing imo

yeah but M had the new york giants and the patriots. isn't that the dream combination for those ratings? ;) (she still had like 4 million more viewers than the game itself though) i think bruno just was lucky with the weather.. i mean lets be honest, he's nog a big name at all.