I swear

Freddie: who?

" sprays throat"

Well put me on their fucking frequency

" sprays throat"

Mother fuck!

"sprays throat"

Guest Xanthium

Come on guys, some of your own comments are WAY more offending than what he said! Calm down.

I know right. Calm the fuck down people. Such babies.

Why is it always the older men, usually in 'rock' or 'singer/songwriter' genres that always make these remarks about Madonna?

It's not like some of the vocals in those genres, esp. by some of these guys, are all that great anyway.

(Songwriting is one thing...but vocals. Bitch please.)

Guest Xanthium

Good point VogueMusic. I'm a huge Marilyn Manson fan and his voice is absolutely SHREDDED (I like it though ;) ) But no one in the media has ever mentioned this fact. It's a moot point because he's a man.

Exactly Vogue and Billy himself is not a great vocalist in anyway shape or form. He is though very talented, an amazing lyricist and piano player.

I just think it was a little jab, obviously Billy and then wife Christie Brinkley wouldn't of went to the BA tour and met her backstage (footage exists/ cut from TOD) if they weren't fans.

Fuck you Freddie

" sprays throat"

I saw some big fat piano man sitting in front row

" sprays throat"

Giving me dirty looks

"sprays throat"

I swear

Freddie: who?

" sprays throat"

Well put me on their fucking frequency

" sprays throat"

Mother fuck!

"sprays throat"

omg I never got who she was talking about, because I'm only familiar with "Uptown Girl". I googled Piano Man and now I get where BJ was going with his rant. However, he is about 2 decades too late.

Billy is referring to her voice during the BAT in 1990, Joel was in the audience when Madonna had laryngitis during her NYC area shows.

Back in 1990

Madonna was using that spray like crazy during that tour.

The spray from Truth or Dare…I thought it was anti-bad breath spray. :doh: :doh:But that makes more sense of course, with the throat examination, the writing on notes instead of speaking on doctor's orders. Little flop fan moment for me :chuckle:

omg I never got who she was talking about, because I'm only familiar with "Uptown Girl". I googled Piano Man and now I get where BJ was going with his rant. However, he is about 2 decades too late.

wait- she says big fat man or big fat piano man??

I think she said "big fat guy" and Ivy was making a joke by changing the ToD conversation.

I think she said "big fat guy" and Ivy was making a joke by changing the ToD conversation.

wait- she says big fat man or big fat piano man??

Lol, my bad. I didn't remember her exact words from that scene, so I thought that was what she really said.

Good point VogueMusic. I'm a huge Marilyn Manson fan and his voice is absolutely SHREDDED (I like it though ;) ) But no one in the media has ever mentioned this fact. It's a moot point because he's a man.

I never compared Mick Jaggers voice, just one example of which there are many in the rock genre, to a guy who is known ONLY for his singing range. In any art form in MY opinion being technically good doesn't always impress artistically. Sometimes when that's all they got it's downright boring. I actually like singers with unique voices and Madonna has a unique singing voice if not a perfect one. She's actually better than people give her credit for.

When I was in design school I took drafting many years ago. I loved drafting and I got a lot of praise for it but I still struggled in the class. My teacher finally came up to me and compared me to another student. She said that she was not the drafter I was but she does other things in her work that made her more successful in the class then I was. I could out draft her but overall she was the better student and was rewarded for it. I could have been jealous and bitter because I knew I could draw better than she could and made fun of her imperfect drawings but I understood what the teacher was saying and she did work hard. She deserved the praise she got.

I agree with another poster, I am a fan of Billy Joel but what would be the point of him making comments? He never struck me as someone who would do that.

Like a lot of other music artists I am drawn to Madonna's voice. I find it soothing. It someone out there doesn't then all the wonderful things that I must be getting out of her voice just must mean nothing to them. They just can't hear the wonderful emotion in her voice.

Um..I'm with a lot of you that what he said was NOT that big of a deal lol. It could've been met in a sarcastic yet totally harmless way. True, it was def. unnecessary as it happened 24 years ago lol and he HAD to know he'd most likely get get a negative reaction from that (puke) *audiences reaction* lol. Of course they'd crack up and def. took it as a diss and 'current' opinion on Madonna inside and out. Clearly, his fan-base mainly consists of broken down 40 and 50+ something year old Long Island divorced soccer moms and their ex husbands lol who loathe Madonna and have NO idea that what he was referring to (clearly the Blond Ambition Tour). It was very tongue and cheek to me but not 'hating' or ANYwhere near the volatility of the likes of Elton, Piers, etc etc.. Billy, like Elton (to a much smaller degree) has been hit or miss w/ his opinions on M over the years.

Prior to 1992/ Sex era I clearly remember him in interviews and print actually praising her consistently, being a fan, and going to her concerts. I remember him on a Larry King Interview def. dissing her around the mid '90s. It was like he got turned off from what she did during that era, sold out and traded in his fan card. Since then, I don't think remember any M related comments.

I really like many of Billy Joels music/hits. As an FYI, for those saying he hasn't had a hit since 1993...that's because HE decided to stop making 'pop' music after River Of Dreams. 22 years later, he has maintained that promise. No doubt..even at 65 if he came back with a POP oriented album it would smash on the album charts esp. since it's been this long.

I don't know that whole Rollingstone classic rock male "group" where everyone is a genius and only a few females are ALLOWED admittance but are not featured on the cover of Rollingstone as the greatest music legends, gets on my nerves.

Um..I'm with a lot of you that what he said was NOT that big of a deal lol. It could've been met in a sarcastic yet totally harmless way. True, it was def. unnecessary as it happened 24 years ago lol and he HAD to know he'd most likely get get a negative reaction from that (puke) *audiences reaction* lol. Of course they'd crack up and def. took it as a diss and 'current' opinion on Madonna inside and out. Clearly, his fan-base mainly consists of broken down 40 and 50+ something year old Long Island divorced soccer moms and their ex husbands lol who loathe Madonna and have NO idea that what he was referring to (clearly the Blond Ambition Tour). It was very tongue and cheek to me but not 'hating' or ANYwhere near the volatility of the likes of Elton, Piers, etc etc.. Billy, like Elton (to a much smaller degree) has been hit or miss w/ his opinions on M over the years.

Prior to 1992/ Sex era I clearly remember him in interviews and print actually praising her consistently, being a fan, and going to her concerts. I remember him on a Larry King Interview def. dissing her around the mid '90s. It was like he got turned off from what she did during that era, sold out and traded in his fan card. Since then, I don't think remember any M related comments.

I really like many of Billy Joels music/hits. As an FYI, for those saying he hasn't had a hit since 1993...that's because HE decided to stop making 'pop' music after River Of Dreams. 22 years later, he has maintained that promise. No doubt..even at 65 if he came back with a POP oriented album it would smash on the album charts esp. since it's been this long.

Why did he turn on her in the mid 90's ? I have never heard Billy Joel give an opinion on Madonna so just interested in why. It always disappoints me when music stars start trashing other stars. I think it is unprofessional, unnecessary and petty. That kind of stuff should be beneath them. Schoolyard garbage.

And people have the right to call Madonna old and desperate?

He's older and more desperate than she'll ever be.

Oh it's OK because he's a man!

Right? It's always the same sexist shit.

Surprisingly, DailyMail sorta defends her on this (I guess it's only okay for THEM to pick on her):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2548387/Billy-Joel-takes-unprovoked-swipe-Madonna-jokes-singing-voice.html

article-2548387-1B04118900000578-344_306

He's certainly not the first male artist to take an unprovoked swipe at Madonna

On Tuesday night, singer Billy Joel joined the likes of Elton John in giving the Queen of Pop a not-so-sly dig over her singing abilities. The ageing rocker who was sat comfortably behind his piano, got out a vocal 'soothie' spray which he then used as a gag to joke about Madge.

'I saw Madonna use this once... it didn't help her much,' he said, with much laughter erupting from the crowd. No doubt when Madonna did use the spray, she was performing some of her more complicated choreography on stage, and not having a sit down. The comments from 64-year-old Billy echo Elton John's, who has continuously jibed Madonna for supposedly miming on stage.

Perhaps missing the point of her energetic performances and slightly more challenging stage presence, Elton warned Madonna to 'lip synch good' when she performed at the Super Bowl. However, the pair soon made up after the Queen of Pop graciously accepted Elton's apology. In 2012, Madonna beat U2 as having the biggest selling tour with her hugely successful MDNA Tour, but has still come under fire for her singing, despite her incredible energy and choreography on stage.

In 2009, it was revealed that singer Billy had split with his third wife over their staggering 33-year age gap

OK, he had a partner 33 years younger

So basically it's all about Madonna filling up stadiums worldwide and having a younger partner

She's a woman, she's not supposed to, is she?

Bye fuckers :queenbitch:

I remember seeing Billy Joel's Bush

" sprays throat"

What, he said he never fingered me?

" sprays throat"

Whispers, " he is such a liar"

"sprays throat"

article-2548387-1B04118900000578-344_306

He's certainly not the first male artist to take an unprovoked swipe at Madonna

On Tuesday night, singer Billy Joel joined the likes of Elton John in giving the Queen of Pop a not-so-sly dig over her singing abilities. The ageing rocker who was sat comfortably behind his piano, got out a vocal 'soothie' spray which he then used as a gag to joke about Madge.

Wow Daily Fail defending our M.

'I saw Madonna use this once... it didn't help her much,' he said, with much laughter erupting from the crowd. No doubt when Madonna did use the spray, she was performing some of her more complicated choreography on stage, and not having a sit down. The comments from 64-year-old Billy echo Elton John's, who has continuously jibed Madonna for supposedly miming on stage.

Perhaps missing the point of her energetic performances and slightly more challenging stage presence, Elton warned Madonna to 'lip synch good' when she performed at the Super Bowl. However, the pair soon made up after the Queen of Pop graciously accepted Elton's apology. In 2012, Madonna beat U2 as having the biggest selling tour with her hugely successful MDNA Tour, but has still come under fire for her singing, despite her incredible energy and choreography on stage.

In 2009, it was revealed that singer Billy had split with his third wife over their staggering 33-year age gap

A lot of blogs have picked up the story and even credible news outlets and one said that Billy was "stating the obvious", and that he "showed her" and his audience was "erupting with laughter".

Basically CELEBRATING the fact that a grown ass man was dissing a woman, whatever happened to gentlemanly matters?

And again Joel only has an average voice himself.