Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

Well, I think that is debatable. In my (probably naive) opinion, no star should be bashed in media because of what he does in his private life. But really, just like (almost) everyone in the music business, he chose to make a career as an artist, so he should have been only judged by his music. And while Madonna does get highly bashed by now as well, the media hunt against MJ was on an uncomparably extreme level. Nobody deserves that.

and the irony is she even got bashed for her tribute speech to MJ after his death at the Video awards. They said "it was all about herself". This women must be the bravest women ever to grace the earth.

so what??

I was responding to someone elses post regarding the vile trash the media flung, to which I replied, he deserved it if he molested kids.and

please, you beat shit over so much its annoying

Well that's fine, but what I meant is that it's totally common in the music scene to be a drug addict. Pointing out he 'was' too made it seem like it's a big thing, but obviously it's not a big thing at all.

But true, this is getting too far now, we're way off topic here.

Guest bluejean

The good thing about Madonna is that she seemingly doesn't give a fuck. But is that because she doesn't read any of it?

I am actually quite surprised she posts on Instagram. Imagine all those idiotic comments she may accidentally endure.

PSY was a fad I wish never happened.

it was the most ridiculous song/fad ever

Do what I do and pretend it never happened. Madonna kissed Britney? Never heard of that. Evita era, totally ignored. I just pick out what I do like and rearrange things in my head the way I want them. Works quite well, actually. It got me through Nicki Minaj lol

Guest ditaluver

oh man I LOVED the Evita era

I rocked that soundtrack in my car all the time hahaha

i got tickets to the houston premiere via icon!

i dont mind the brit kiss it made for some fantastic headlines and I remember waiting for her to rise out of that cake like it was GOD

about 10 minites before the show I was driving home and was stuck at a railroad crossing - CRYING - cause I was going to miss her!

but I made it WHEW!

i dont mind the brit kiss it made for some fantastic headlines and I remember waiting for her to rise out of that cake like it was GOD

about 10 minites before the show I was driving home and was stuck at a railroad crossing - CRYING - cause I was going to miss her!

but I made it WHEW!

I loved that era too!! I listened to that soundtrack exclusively for MONTHS

It's never bothered me that M gets ripped apart in the media, though I will agree a lot is unfair, sexist, and ageist. It's just that she's said on numerous occasions that she "likes to push ppl's buttons" and does things to piss them off, so she's obviously getting what she wants. The woman is worth a billion dollars. I'm sure she'd agree it's been worth it.

It's never bothered me that M gets ripped apart in the media, though I will agree a lot is unfair, sexist, and ageist. It's just that she's said on numerous occasions that she "likes to push ppl's buttons" and does things to piss them off, so she's obviously getting what she wants. The woman is worth a billion dollars. I'm sure she'd agree it's all been worth it.

You're totally right. Now please tell me what you dislike so much about the Evita era or I'll bombard you with some serious Beysus gifs! :s703:;)

Nah, what's so bad about Evita? ;)

It's a movie, for one; not here for her as an actress or director. Two, it's just not my thing. Not saying it's bad, in fact I'll say it isn't. I just like my M more dance oriented.

You're totally right. Now please tell me what you dislike so much about the Evita era or I'll bombard you with some serious Beysus gifs! :s703:;)

lol thank god I answered in time!

I loved that era too!! I listened to that soundtrack exclusively for MONTHS

I drove my housemates crazy by playing You Must Love Me non-stop full volume for quite a long time. However, this plan solid strategy to make them love the song mysteriously backfired haha...

but I made it WHEW!

I loved the Evita voice! For some strage reason I was listening to the Evita soundtrack non stop in anticipation of COADF

Her voice was amazing during the Evita era, but I never listened to the soundtrack too much or liked the actual music. I just don't care for showtunes or Broadway influenced music. Now, Ray of Light was amazing because she had the trained voice but she was using to do more contemporary pop music.

I know she was portraying a character, but I didn't care too much for the way she dressed during the Evita period. It was a little too conservative and too Hollywood for my personal taste. I like clothes that are a little more edgy and punk and rock influenced.

Well, that's just pure stupidity on the behalf of the public. Madonna invites Psy for her show which is part of her worldwide succesful tour (which was on the way to become the highest earning tour of the year as well) and gets called desperate for that. See, that's what I've previously meant, we shouldn't even discuss idiotic comments like that.

Come on, you really can't compare. In his final years MJ literally got bashed to death for EVERY thing he did, no matter if right or wrong, he was torn apart. He didn't even have a chance to improve his image. The guy went out shopping and was made fun and ridiculed of the next day everywhere! You know you can't compare what media did with him and what they did with Chris Brown or R.Kelly.

No, I'm saying they deserve it. You said nobody deserves that kind of treatment. I think you're wrong.

Except maybe Chris Brown. And R. Kelly. They deserve it.

I think in general people shouldn't be bashed for what they do in their personal lives. But I think it's fair enough to criticize artists when they do things or are accused of doing things that cause harm to other people or violate other people's rights to enjoy their freedom or their life. Chris Brown and R. Kelly definitely fall into this category. Some not all of the criticism of MJ also falls into this category because there was a lot of evidence that he did sexually abuse or at the very least engage in very inappropriate behavior towards children that harmed their welfare. But most of the things Madonna is criticized for like how she looks, what she wears, what she does on stage, her consensual relationships with other adults albeit younger than she is don't harm anyone else. So why do people care so much? How does her doing these things harm anyone else's life.

What's wrong with Evita , Like making a musical about a dictator's wife to begin with. And second Andrew LLyod Webber & Tim Rice awful Broadway shitfest music. The best that came out of it was the beautiful "You must love me" and the single version of "Don't cry for me Argentina"