Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

well im sorry but if he molested kids, and I BELIEVE HE DID....then he deserved every piece of shit that was flung his direction

and to top it off what a DRUG ADDICT

So? Being a drug addict (although that term doesn't really apply here, but anyway) is not a very rare thing in music business. And sure, believe what you want, but I don't think this has to do something with the topic.

^ I think the point is that there's a double standard. MJ got a lot of shit, but much of it was warranted. Whether he was guilty or not, he was a freak. Madonna gets shit for every little thing she does.

Regarding M's performance, where do these rumours about Don't Tell Me/We Can't Stop being released as a single come from??? Did M and Miley talk about future collabs and projects or something?

^ I think the point is that there's a double standard. MJ got a lot of shit, but much of it was warranted. Whether he was guilty or not, he was a freak. Madonna gets shit for every little thing she does

This

Totally

The Grillz police in the press :lmao:

^ I think the point is that there's a double standard. MJ got a lot of shit, but much of it was warranted. Whether he was guilty or not, he was a freak. Madonna gets shit for every little thing she does.

Well, I think that is debatable. In my (probably naive) opinion, no star should be bashed in media because of what he does in his private life. But really, just like (almost) everyone in the music business, he chose to make a career as an artist, so he should have been only judged by his music. And while Madonna does get highly bashed by now as well, the media hunt against MJ was on an uncomparably extreme level. Nobody deserves that.

Didn't ppl call her desperate when that Psy went on stage w/ her? So I don't think it really matters whose concert it was in regards to Madonna

How can they mash up those songs, though? They sound nothing alike. They're both about completely different things. I just don't see how that would make sense. But I won't judge before I see it. Madonna is smart. I'm sure she'll make it work.

It worked for 4 Mins and Vogue..

Miley-Cyrus-Smile-and-Shrug.gif

Didn't ppl call her desperate when that Psy went on stage w/ her? So I don't think it really matters whose concert it was in regards to Madonna

I love people mentioning Psy joining her onstage as an attempt to keep her relevant. Sure, Madonna wasn't aware that that Gangham Style was a stupid fun song from a one-hit wonder and she really thought Psy was about to blow up as an important artist.

Fucking pathetic idiots.

yes. I was at that show everyone got so excited about that it was just dumb fun. Then you go online and people are smashing their fists against their keyboard about her legacy. Says it all really.

Well, I think that is debatable. In my (probably naive) opinion, no star should be bashed in media because of what he does in his private life. But really, just like (almost) everyone in the music business, he chose to make a career as an artist, so he should have been only judged by his music. And while Madonna does get highly bashed by now as well, the media hunt against MJ was on an uncomparably extreme level. Nobody deserves that.

Except maybe Chris Brown. And R. Kelly. They deserve it.

Guest bluejean

I don't agree with that whole idea that celebrities deserve to be hunted down and treated like zoo animals and have everyone ridicule and analyze them. These people are musicians, actors, sports stars etc. Of course they do what they do and want to be successful and recognized for it just like any profession. So why should they have to "pay" for it because "they chose that profession." There should be some law protecting their privacy. They are human beings just like us.

People have called her desperate granny for a while now, but these people seem to be living in an alternate universe, because Madonna is one of the most famous people ever, with a career that has spanned over 3 decades. They can call her desperate all they want (and it really bugs me, even though it shouldn't) but the fact remains: Madonna doesn't need to be desperate because she's one of the biggest stars EVER and whatever she does she will get attention.

I may not like all those people she performs with, or works with, but I like to see it as Madonna having fun and giving some of her star quality to newer artists. Just when she lets her dancers shine at her concerts. You don't see other pop stars giving their dancers solo segments.

Guest ditaluver

So? Being a drug addict (although that term doesn't really apply here, but anyway) is not a very rare thing in music business. And sure, believe what you want, but I don't think this has to do something with the topic.

so what??

I was responding to someone elses post regarding the vile trash the media flung, to which I replied, he deserved it if he molested kids.and

please, you beat shit over so much its annoying

In true cowgirl fashion, Madonna rode Miley, her trusty steed, to the stage, where the two of them performed a boot-smackin rendition of her hit single, "Don't Tell Me".

One thing is for sure:nobody is talking about the n word anymore

I'm sure they're all overwhelmed by her Grammy's performance.

Guest bluejean

I think Madonna DOES do these things for the purpose of keeping her name out there. It's called cross promotion. And why is that a bad thing? It's not just Madonna that does it, they ALL do it. Christina, Britney, MJ, Prince, Usher, Elton, Mariah, Kylie, Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder etc. Madonna just cops shit because she has a lot of detractors and always has from day one.

Well, that's just pure stupidity on the behalf of the public. Madonna invites Psy for her show which is part of her worldwide succesful tour (which was on the way to become the highest earning tour of the year as well) and gets called desperate for that. See, that's what I've previously meant, we shouldn't even discuss idiotic comments like that.

Except maybe Chris Brown. And R. Kelly. They deserve it.

Come on, you really can't compare. In his final years MJ literally got bashed to death for EVERY thing he did, no matter if right or wrong, he was torn apart. He didn't even have a chance to improve his image. The guy went out shopping and was made fun and ridiculed of the next day everywhere! You know you can't compare what media did with him and what they did with Chris Brown or R.Kelly.