Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

The MDNA tour alone contradicts just about everything being said here...& as usual people fail 2 accept that she might wanna do something

cuz she just feels like it....no agenda...weather that's wearing grills or singing with Britney.

Exactly. Hasn't she earned the right to do just wtf she wants to do? Willie Nelson, 80, just did an album of duets. I don't recall anyone harping on him for trying to maintain relevancy — or any other male artist over 50, for the matter. Please.

Exactly. Hasn't she earned the right to do just wtf she wants to do? Willie Nelson, 80, just did an album of duets. I don't recall anyone harping on him for trying to maintain relevancy — or any other male artist over 50, for the matter. Please.

Even Streisand doing a duets with younger artist and yet no one says shit about that. God! M gets it so hard.

That's because Madonna is still (relatively) relevant, while Nelson or Streisand haven't been relevant in YEARS.

Another thing that annoys me is when the media complain about Madonna collaborating with other artists

BUT EVERYONE IS MUSIC DOES IT NOWADAYS

Even more than Madonna

Hell fucking half of Rihanna's #1 singles are collabos

While ALL of Madonna's US #1 singles are solo

Once again it's OK for everyone else but not Madonna

Even Streisand doing a duets with younger artist and yet no one says shit about that. God! M gets it so hard.

It has been and always will be different for her. Her old haters, who are still hanging around, are angry with her for not fading into obscurity like most of them have and her younger detractors are burnt that she hasn't slipped on a pair of mom jeans to make them Tostino's Pizza Rolls when they come home from school before downing a tumbler of wine with a few Xanax like their mothers do.

Fuck them.

Tony Bennett, Cyndi Lauper and Barbra Streisand can collaborate with younger artists without a problem, but when madonna does it we get paragraphs on it and she's called desperate! I don't fucking get it. Madonna honey, retire. You're not fucking appreciated by people anymore and your own fans are bitching because of your choices. If people can't appreciate you trying to branch out, make them sorry and go away completely!

Wait for the fans coming to this thread now and handing in their fan card :lmao: Miley has often talked about Madonna being her idol so she will be on cloud 9.

Not really, Britney is Miley's idol, she doesn't care about Madonna. I hope it will not happen :scared:

Totally disappointed about the collaboration with Miley. I needed a little time in the past to get use to Justin & Minaj, but M continues to lower herself by performing with pop stars who won't probably be around in a few years.

Totally disappointed about the collaboration with Miley. I needed a little time in the past to get use to Justin & Minaj, but M continues to lower herself by performing with pop stars who won't probably be around in a few years.

There aren't any that are ever around in a few years.

I wrote something about Madonna last year which seems over more relevant now. The most relevant bit: "Because at some point we want the artists we love as we grow up to remind us of headier times; of when we were younger and their music meant everything to us; of when they sound-tracked the formative moments of our lives. In short, we want them to stop growing up so that we don’t have to either. So scorn is poured on those artists who dare to think that they not only have every right to keep making and performing new music, but have the audacity to not make it sound like the songs we loved. There are countless examples - Prince found himself embraced again when he made the self-referential album ‘Musicology’. U2 roared back into the public consciousness with ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’, an album even they admitted was a deliberate attempt to re-capture an earlier magic (they slumped back out again with ‘No Line on the Horizon’, a great album but one which largely made demands on the listener.) Elton John, The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder long ago became exercises in nostalgia, putting out new material of varying quality but always touring with the old songs, the ones you know.

Madonna certainly isn’t unaware of this - her previous three albums have been littered with deliberate nods to her past. However, it’s far more difficult to mine your own history when you operate in the pop/dance genre. Aside from it having always commanded less respect (30 years into her career, Madonna is still regularly called ‘talentless’) it’s a genre which is predicated on sexuality and novelty - two traits which it’s nigh-on impossible for a woman in her 50s to embrace without scorn. So Madonna has faced perhaps the most aggressive criticisms of her career for working with younger artists and producers; for not performing enough classic hits on her tours; for making music which sounds modern; for not standing still and just being the Madonna we want her to be."

This is exactly what's happening this week. She's getting shit because she's disrupting these people's nostalgia. They want her to become a legacy act, fading into modern irrelevancy so that they can bang on Like A Prayer without having to think about the ageing woman who made it. A woman who keeps doing what she's always done and who resolutely does not want to become an exercise in nostalgia. I think this is a big reason why so many folk go ape-shit over her working with Patrick Leonard again. Sure, they made amazing music together but that was largely over 20 years ago and Madonna's never gone bacl like that. But if she did do that, she'd be feeding into the nostalgia rather than awkwardly disrupting it by doing her thing.

Until she gives in to the nostalgia, like pretty much every other 'ageing' legend has had to do at some point, I unfortunately think this shit will only get worse. But that's who she is and that's why I love her, and if idiotic fuckers want to shit on her for not being 30 anymore I couldn't give a toss.

The reason why Madonna get's slack for these type of collaborations is because Madonna has always been cool. A trend setter. I'm sure everyone's first reaction on here to news like this is the same AS THEIRS.

She's doing Miley the favor.

Madonnatribe is flopping this is why haters like Littlebastard and Gutten have landed here. To spread their voice of love you know :daft:

i have the feeling they will sing Human Nature :rotfl:

I wrote something about Madonna last year which seems over more relevant now. The most relevant bit: "Because at some point we want the artists we love as we grow up to remind us of headier times; of when we were younger and their music meant everything to us; of when they sound-tracked the formative moments of our lives. In short, we want them to stop growing up so that we don’t have to either. So scorn is poured on those artists who dare to think that they not only have every right to keep making and performing new music, but have the audacity to not make it sound like the songs we loved. There are countless examples - Prince found himself embraced again when he made the self-referential album ‘Musicology’. U2 roared back into the public consciousness with ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’, an album even they admitted was a deliberate attempt to re-capture an earlier magic (they slumped back out again with ‘No Line on the Horizon’, a great album but one which largely made demands on the listener.) Elton John, The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder long ago became exercises in nostalgia, putting out new material of varying quality but always touring with the old songs, the ones you know.

Madonna certainly isn’t unaware of this - her previous three albums have been littered with deliberate nods to her past. However, it’s far more difficult to mine your own history when you operate in the pop/dance genre. Aside from it having always commanded less respect (30 years into her career, Madonna is still regularly called ‘talentless’) it’s a genre which is predicated on sexuality and novelty - two traits which it’s nigh-on impossible for a woman in her 50s to embrace without scorn. So Madonna has faced perhaps the most aggressive criticisms of her career for working with younger artists and producers; for not performing enough classic hits on her tours; for making music which sounds modern; for not standing still and just being the Madonna we want her to be."

This is exactly what's happening this week. She's getting shit because she's disrupting these people's nostalgia. They want her to become a legacy act, fading into modern irrelevancy so that they can bang on Like A Prayer without having to think about the ageing woman who made it. A woman who keeps doing what she's always done and who resolutely does not want to become an exercise in nostalgia. I think this is a big reason why so many folk go ape-shit over her working with Patrick Leonard again. Sure, they made amazing music together but that was largely over 20 years ago and Madonna's never gone bacl like that. But if she did do that, she'd be feeding into the nostalgia rather than awkwardly disrupting it by doing her thing.

Until she gives in to the nostalgia, like pretty much every other 'ageing' legend has had to do at some point, I unfortunately think this shit will only get worse. But that's who she is and that's why I love her, and if idiotic fuckers want to shit on her for not being 30 anymore I couldn't give a toss.

singing open your heart with a cane is more nostalgic and legacy act oriented than anything i can possibly think of. it's time you reconsider your thoughts sweety dearest.

Um no Madonnasuperfan 1, Miley has mentioned numerous times Madonna as an idol of hers, along with Britney.

She compared her infamous VMA performance to Madonna's 1984 performance NUMEROUS times and then said in interviews that the short hair crop cover of Bangerz is an homage to Madonna's short hair on her debut album cover.

Pretty impressive for someone who doesn't "care about her".

LOL