Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

she deserved it......ease up on the filler or cheek implants and stop turning into Michael Jackson! She's been wearing costumes.....

It's all about Beyonce now ;)

Oh, poor dear.

Intimidating is the right word. People are scared of her. Mostly because they don't know how to handle her. And of course she plays with those insecurities. I think her appearance here is quite an act. People expect her to be better and to be above them and she plays with it. Coming out like a real queen. Completlely serious and well aware of her submissive, loyal and not so loyal subjects. Why should she be cheerful when people should just be grateful to be in her presence. I love it and have no doubt that many people think this is arrogance. Another case people don't get her sense of humor.

THIS.

She is a reflection of society's ills, prejudices, etc...all the things they don't want to face. She shoves it right back at them, deliberately... and the fact that she is and will forever be one of the most iconic WOMEN of all time... they subconsciously cannot handle it. Especially other women.

And social media has done nothing but give people the illusion that even though they do have a right to an opinion...that somehow that opinion matters or even deserves to be heard. And it doesn't. Let alone the fact that the majority of people are not intelligent, informed, rational, or reasonable in their thinking... social media becomes an ugly weapon, and a sad reflection...

Guest Rocco Papa

All day long I have been repeating in my mind the Same Love performance. I've cried a lot today and I have been telling coworkers and family and friends that I feel a little down but in reality I I've felt at peace for the first time in along time. You see, I am a closeted gay man that is to weak and I fear the worse if I come out. Madonna kicked my ass last night and I dreamed she was upset with me. I am planning to come out to my family even though they may already know. While I was watching the performance and the power of Macklemore's words and Madonna's sincere gentle, almost fragile voice and seeing the brave gay couples who were so happy exchanging rings, it was like I was hit by lightning and I was sobbing uncontrollable for the joy of the moment but also for my intense guilt of living a life of a lie, thank God I was all alone in my apartment. I want so badly to be myself and after all these years of loving Madonna, I will be who I am. I owe it to her, I owe it to myself.

good luck!! remember to not let any potential negativity keep you from being yourself or living your life. some people may not support you. others will love you unconditionally, but it may take time for them to come to terms with it. if you care about someone, you don't want them to be the target of hatred and bigotry. you have to accept them just as much as they have to accept you. if they truly care, you won't lose them. they will grow.

and if they don't, it will still be okay...

Edited by RoccoPapa

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself - Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy...

Madonna/Macklemore: Check yourself, before you wreck yourself

Fifteen years before Ellen’s “Puppy Episode” or Will & Grace, two decades before Glee or Lady Gaga, LOGO or Drag Race, there were only a handful of people in positions of celebrity power to advocate for gay rights, promote the artistry of gay men and celebrate diversity in the way it is seen in every music video, sitcom and films today.

Madonna was one of them.

There are those that argue Madonna is a rapist of culture, that she steals from the underground and homogenizes it for the masses. That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that Madonna was alienated from her white middle-class, Mid-western roots and found solace by immersing herself in other cultures that accepted her.

Madonna’s original fan base was made up of black and Hispanic music lovers and the gays. So when I look back and see old MTV footage of suburban white girls freaking out to Nile Rodger’s Like a Virgin album, I smirk.

I will skip the musical historical relevance of Madonna and simply explain how important it was for those of us born too late to be part of Generation X and too early to be part of the Millennials, to see gay men in Madonna videos, their sexuality openly referenced without shame in Truth or Dare, to see the world’s most famous woman embrace us. I had comfort as a child seeing Madonna promote AIDS benefits, to dance in my bedroom to songs about self-empowerment and to scorn any journalist who questioned the morality of her references in her work.

I’m sure some of this had to do with shock value. I’m sure it helped sell albums and concert tickets. But just because something was successful, does not make it insincere.

Sure, Madonna didn’t tell us we were “born this way.” Nor did she do media junkets about how great gay people were, but she didn’t have to. Her work entered the consciousness of millions of people around the world, visually and musically by invading their radios, TVs, movie theatres and concert halls. And while she didn’t rule the world, she helped mold a generation to start thinking a different way, so others could take the next step.

On the other hand, there is paraxial poetry to having Macklemore have such a hit with “Same Love.” If you had told me when I was a kid, dancing to Madonna in my bedroom that I’d ever see a straight hip-hop artist defend my civil rights and have a hit song about it, I would have probably questioned the existence of the rights of gay people.

That’s how far we’ve come.

You don’t have to like Madonna or Macklemore. You can think white people shouldn’t rap or old white-women should crumble up and die after a certain age. But before you join the tirades of 15-year olds bashing them tonight, you should recognize and respect their impact.

THIS!!!!!!!

(See, there are some folks who 'get it'.)

Guest Rocco Papa

THIS.

She is a reflection of society's ills, prejudices, etc...all the things they don't want to face. She shoves it right back at them, deliberately... and the fact that she is and will forever be one of the most iconic WOMEN of all time... they subconsciously cannot handle it. Especially other women.

And social media has done nothing but give people the illusion that even though they do have a right to an opinion...that somehow that opinion matters or even deserves to be heard. And it doesn't. Let alone the fact that the majority of people are not intelligent, informed, rational, or reasonable in their thinking... social media becomes an ugly weapon, and a sad reflection...

well, people's opinion do matter and does deserve to be heard. but it's all about education. some people just aren't informed. if people keep their uneducated opinions to themselves, they won't be educated about the facts. take the article that mumuse wrote, for example. he heard people saying how Madonna is just using the gay community for attention. so, he informed them of a time when being an open ally wasn't the thing to do. that's something most young people today aren't aware of.

true, some people are just plain mean and you can't reach them. but it's always worth the risk. social media gives us the opportunity to educate and inform people. and there will always be some people who will listen.

well, people's opinion do matter and does deserve to be heard. but it's all about education. some people just aren't informed. if people keep their uneducated opinions to themselves, they won't be educated about the facts. take the article that mumuse wrote, for example. he heard people saying how Madonna is just using the gay community for attention. so, he informed them of a time when being an open ally wasn't the thing to do. that's something most young people today aren't aware of.

true, some people are just plain mean and you can't reach them. but it's always worth the risk. social media gives us the opportunity to educate and inform people. and there will always be some people who will listen.

Like I said, people have the right to an opinion...but if such opinion is devoid of facts, logic, and is willfully ignorant...it doesn't deserve respect. It deserves to be called out for what it is. And that's a good thing, calling out ignorance... but I sadly don't have your optimism about social media. I think it has made things worse, and I only see it getting worse.

she deserved it......ease up on the filler or cheek implants and stop turning into Michael Jackson! She's been wearing costumes.....

It's all about Beyonce now ;)

Honey you're 33 and gay. You're over. I don't make the rules. And you talked about your mother's opinion in a comment. Face the truth you are in no position to judge. and you are way too aware and conscious of what your "friends" say and think. As i said you're 33 not 15 and citing your friend's opinions on a subject is not something a 33 y/o man does. You like Beyonce because your friends do. Because it's the thing to do. Aging is tough for you, it already is and it's only gonna get worst. In 4 of your comments you exposed all of your pathos, pretty sad to be that obvious. No personality, no character. In a word : disposable.

THIS.

I'm reading a book on this subject. On the thought that archetypes are deeply rooted in our subconscious and how different aspects of the female archetype have been repressed by society and the church. The only face of the archetypal female that society can deal with is the virgin, weak and inoffensive, far from The Madonna.

Guest Not4Pussies

THIS.

can i quote you?

All day long I have been repeating in my mind the Same Love performance. I've cried a lot today and I have been telling coworkers and family and friends that I feel a little down but in reality I I've felt at peace for the first time in along time. You see, I am a closeted gay man that is to weak and I fear the worse if I come out. Madonna kicked my ass last night and I dreamed she was upset with me. I am planning to come out to my family even though they may already know. While I was watching the performance and the power of Macklemore's words and Madonna's sincere gentle, almost fragile voice and seeing the brave gay couples who were so happy exchanging rings, it was like I was hit by lightning and I was sobbing uncontrollable for the joy of the moment but also for my intense guilt of living a life of a lie, thank God I was all alone in my apartment. I want so badly to be myself and after all these years of loving Madonna, I will be who I am. I owe it to her, I owe it to myself.

Good luck to you, Just say yes! Imagine how much better you'll feel once you're living a free, open life.

can i quote you?

sure.

I'm reading a book on this subject. On the thought that archetypes are deeply rooted in our subconscious and how different aspects of the female archetype have been repressed by society and the church. The only face of the archetypal female that society can deal with is the virgin, weak and inoffensive, far from The Madonna.

Very, very interesting...and not surprising...

Welcome to you, welcome to life. I'm pretty sure that people who are close to you and already guessed you were gay will be relieved and happy to see you open up and embrace your life.

While Madonna grasps onto her relevance with the force of a Vulcan death grip, Cyndi Lauper prances happily along into her fourth decade of utter coolness. She arrives on the Grammy red carpet in vintage caped couture from Alexander McQueen, which she accessorizes with a gold-and-black nails, gold hand bangles, Raggedy Ann's weave and a behemoth

bejeweled choker fit for the pop queen she is.

WTF?

Is that a transcript from the Michael Musto/Boy George Grammy extravaganza?

OFF Topic questions, did anyone spot Madonna during the Daft Punk Grammy performance? Was she sitting with the audience?

I don't think Madonna was in the audience at all last night.

She did, however, attend the Daft Punk after-party at the Plaza Park Hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if she does the next record with them (and Avicii).

OFF Topic questions, did anyone spot Madonna during the Daft Punk Grammy performance? Was she sitting with the audience?

I don't think Madonna was in the audience at all last night.

She did, however, attend the Daft Punk after-party at the Plaza Park Hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if she does the next record with them (and Avicii).

I keep having this ridiculous thought in my mind that maybe Madonna is one of the Daft Punk robots, and that's why no one saw her in the audience! :laugh: j/k

I thought this couple was beautiful in the telecast:

article-2546520-1AFDFFF300000578-37_964x

Sending you love, support, encouragement... Take heart, take courage. It may not be easy, but I hope you will find happiness.

I keep having this ridiculous thought in my mind that maybe Madonna is one of the Daft Punk robots, and that's why no one saw her in the audience! :laugh: j/k

I thought this couple was beautiful in the telecast:

article-2546520-1AFDFFF300000578-37_964x

Yeah they were cool, better than the bride w/ tattoos in the strapless dress. Not a good look!

Guest sambassile

May I say how cheesy I find weddings/marriages/ proposals/public display of affection are in general, for both straight and gay couples. Yes we know how much you love each other.... fast forward few months and they are all cheating or getting divorced or they turn into ' best friends'

Edited by sambassile