Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

I don't care about what those TOS douchebags say since they clearly don't have a life anyway, but one thing I would kinda wish from her too is that she should just stop messing with her face. She doesn't look older, but there's something about her face which doesn't make her look natural anymore. Her cheeks weren't puffed up yesterday, but still, she did not look natural (probably because there's something 'off' with her eyes?). She was one of the most beautiful women in show business, and despite everything she still is and I still love her (just look at my signature)! But I think it would be too sad if she completely looses her natural look in the future.

But oh well, the message of the performance is what is important. And that certainly was beautiful! I think she sounded fine, she obviously tried very hard, but there was nothing wrong about her voice!

Riverwide's comments

"What makes it harder to deal with, is that for well over 20 years, practically everything she did was so effortlessly fantastic. Last night was neither effortless or fantastic. Oh how I wish she had just retired after Confessions. I never for a second thought things would ever get this bad. Yikes".

" Also, and I'm genuinely not just being a hater here, but at this point she looks like she's in her late 60s. I can't believe the woman is still only 55. She looks at LEAST a decade older. She looks like something that was dug up last night".

Does he live in a world full of HATE ? Good god. That amazing performance wasn't all about Madonna. It wasn't about her botoxed face or her age . It was about LOVE and Equality and if you can't see that then I pity you .

The only negative thing I have to say is, wish she stops using Botox. Someone get it through Guy that she doesn't need it!! People can be so mean about her.

Botox or not, they would be mean to her anyway. They call her desperate when she shows her skin and they call her old when she covers herself up. There's no escape but ignoring them.

Edited by _Gark

Riverwide's comments

"What makes it harder to deal with, is that for well over 20 years, practically everything she did was so effortlessly fantastic. Last night was neither effortless or fantastic. Oh how I wish she had just retired after Confessions. I never for a second thought things would ever get this bad. Yikes".

" Also, and I'm genuinely not just being a hater here, but at this point she looks like she's in her late 60s. I can't believe the woman is still only 55. She looks at LEAST a decade older. She looks like something that was dug up last night".

That bitch had already made his mind up before she entered the building.

Guest Xanthium

She looked awful. At least facially. Leave your face alone girl! Loved the outfits though. She totally looked like Kane from Poltergeist 2 :rotfl: The performance was cheesy as fuck but there was no way it couldn't not be.

When I wake up in the morning I'm the 1 who looks at the mirror..I don't take a poll and get a report to know how I look like..Madonna knows who she is..inside and outside.. she is dealing with media, people and haters for ages.. she may be right or wrong about waht she is ding or not doing.. as a fan I can only say that last night she was inspiring as usual :thumbsup:

When I wake up in the morning I'm the 1 who looks at the mirror..I don't take a poll and get a report to know how I look like..Madonna knows who she is..inside and outside.. she is dealing with media, people and haters for ages.. she may be right or wrong about waht she is ding or not doing.. as a fan I can only say that last night she was inspiring as usual :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

what a great version of Open Your Heart. But, Im a bit over the gay marriage thing. Im gay for the record, but everyone makes such a big deal about it. This is 2014, no one is going to die if you can't get married

:manson:

It was beautiful and moving. And if some people think this was about gay weddings, look again! There were straight couples too. This was about inclusion. This was about all kinds of love and therefore it has a much bigger impact.

And about her clothing. Isn't it obvious that she was wearing it all on purpose. Arriving like a bible thumping preacher from the south wearing black (Poltergeist 2 indeed) and then appearing in white during the wedding ceremony singing OYH. It looks like a catharsis.

the question is not there. The questions is: EQUALITY for ALL and EVERYONE.

What don't you understand in this?

:thumbsup:

Love how she gets the only mention in the lead graph. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/grammys-turn-mass-wedding-gay-marriage-celebration-044418999.html

Grammys turn mass wedding in gay marriage celebration

d19448d6-6aaa-4359-a768-eadacf5fbca9_afp

Los Angeles (AFP) - The music industry's top night turned into the big day for 34 couples on Sunday as Madonna and other stars presided over a mass wedding in a celebration of gay marriage.

The 34 couples -- some same-sex, some opposite-sex and diverse in race and appearance -- exchanged rings before the Grammys stage at Los Angeles' Staples Center, which was momentarily transformed into a brightly lit church with a gospel choir.

The couples' wedding serenade was "Same Love," performed by hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

The Grammy-nominated song has been embraced by marriage equality campaigners as momentum builds in a growing number of countries and US states to allow same-sex partners to tie the knot.

Macklemore and Lewis, who racked up four Grammys including the prize for best new artist, were joined halfway through their song by one of the gay community's most enduring icons -- Madonna.

Sporting a white suit and cowboy hat, Madonna sang the high-energy chorus of her 1986 song "Open Your Heart."

The marriages were made official by Queen Latifah, who is authorized to perform weddings in California.

"When we say music has the power to bring people together at the Grammys, we mean it," a visibly moved Queen Latifah told the audience.

"Tonight, we celebrate the commitment to love by all of these beautiful couples," she said. "We are gathered together here to celebrate love and harmony in every key and every color."

French electro duo Daft Punk, who won record of the year, praised the wedding as "fantastic" in a message read by their songwriter. Daft Punk, who wear helmets as part of a robot motif, rarely speak in public.

"As elegant and as classy as the Grammy has ever been, is the moment when we... saw all those wonderful marriages and that same love," said Paul Williams, sharing a "message from the robots" who stood next to him in costume as they accepted the award.

"It was the height of fairness and love and the power of love for all people, at any time, in any combination," he said.

The New York Times, which reported on the mass wedding shortly before the ceremony, said that the Grammys' producer, Ken Ehrlich, approached Macklemore and Lewis about the idea after learning that the duo's concerts have generated on-stage marriage proposals.

A casting agency recruited couples, initially telling them only that the wedding would take place on live television and insisting that they sign confidentiality agreements so that they would not even tell their families, the newspaper said.

Ehrlich was quoted as saying that the couples stayed in aisles near the audience out of concern it would be seen as "exploitive" if they went on stage.

US awards ceremonies have increasingly embraced gay rights in recent years, with the Oscars stereotypically viewed as a top television event for the gay community.

In 2001, rap superstar Eminem, under fire for his use of anti-gay epithets, performed a duet at the Grammys with the openly gay Elton John.

Seventeen US states and the capital Washington allow gay marriage, and opinion polls show that a majority of Americans support same-sex couples' right to wed, a rapid turnaround in just the past decade. Same-sex marriage is legal in all or part of 16 other countries.

Some people just really have to find the smallest things to nitpick about. That Riverwide is pitiful he needs to get a life.

And I feel sad for those who didn't get this Grammy performance. Simplicity is beauty.

Guest Xanthium

what a great version of Open Your Heart. But, Im a bit over the gay marriage thing. Im gay for the record, but everyone makes such a big deal about it. This is 2014, no one is going to die if you can't get married

No but you can be denied a PLETHORA of things such as insurance, inheritance, custody of children and the ability to see your dying partner in the hospital or make medical decisions on their behalf. Gay marriage isn't just about the equality of love and bridal registry but the equality of LEGAL RIGHTS. You need to educate yourself and open your eyes.

I loved her outfits - she looked killer in them. Her whole demeanour was pretty regal and cool, and it totally suits her. She did look in a pissy mood though - none of the playfulness we saw at some of her public outings last year.

The performance i wasn't a fan of. Not really much she could do about it - she was a bit part player - and her voice did sound crow like. Why the hell can't she sing without trying to project her voice- she sings so much nicer when its softer (Behind The Bars). Touring so much is definitely ruining her voice.

Anyway - the point is, she went, barely did a thing - got dressed up, sang a few lines, gave a few stern looks to people, and yet everybody is talking about it. Some of it negative, some of it positive, as it always is with her. It was a nice little cameo performance, in support of a nice message, and that is what it will be remembered for, but it in no way goes down in the rankings with her best TV performances.

The usual haters this morning on the talk shows:

Wendy Williams said she was one of the worst dressed and again called her old and desperate as well as saying she purposely brought David with her because of the N word controversy.

On The View, Jenny McCarthy said "Madonna singing in her usual Z flat tone."

The usual haters this morning on the talk shows:

Wendy Williams said she was one of the worst dressed and again called her old and desperate as well as saying she purposely brought David with her because of the N word controversy.

On The View, Jenny McCarthy said "Madonna singing in her usual Z flat tone."

Yeah, Wendy. Or maybe it's because he is her son, you fuckwit.

ugh why are they always saying such shit about her? she's an ICON. ringo couldn't sing one note and no one said a word. pfft.

Ringo doesn't pull ratings and get web hits. Let's face it, trashing madonna is a lucrative business

ugh why are they always saying such shit about her? she's an ICON. ringo couldn't sing one note and no one said a word. pfft.

jealousy, baby.

They can't accept she's still there. They can't accept she still has a lot of fans.

And they're mean to her because she's a woman. A powerful woman.

Guest Xanthium

It's good that people insult her and try to tear her down. It means she matters. That she's relevant. That she bothers them and they cannot contain their anger or animosity. Believe me, you don't want her to receive indifference. Madonna laughs all the way to the bank every. single. time.

Ringo doesn't pull ratings and get web hits. Let's face it, trashing madonna is a lucrative business

I'm tired of them using her as their punchbag. all comments are so ageist and sexist. she's only trying to do well. sigh.

It was beautiful and moving. And if some people think this was about gay weddings, look again! There were straight couples too. This was about inclusion. This was about all kinds of love and therefore it has a much bigger impact.

And about her clothing. Isn't it obvious that she was wearing it all on purpose. Arriving like a bible thumping preacher from the south wearing black (Poltergeist 2 indeed) and then appearing in white during the wedding ceremony singing OYH. It looks like a catharsis.

Of course. Most people won't get the references though which is a shame...

Maybe I should go form my own little shitstain forum full of scumbags and then watch everyone here report on my every delusional utterance? Who gives a fuck what Rivershite thinks. And :rotfl: at him criticising Madge's looks. Is he still banding about that 15 yr old selfie mirror pic? I can't even imagine THAT at 55.

Madge was like an angel last night. Lovely little downplayed guest appearance to show her support - yet still hogging all the headlines as per :wow: