Better compilation: The Immaculate Collection or Celebration?

madonnasuperfan01

Which compilation do you guys think is better? I'll go with Celebration, there's WAY more songs on it and it gave a better idea of her overall catalogue. The only problem for me is that the songs aren't in chronological order and some important hits are missing.

The Immaculate Collection is amazing too but for me it's just a 80's greatest hits, it doesn't represent her discography as a whole. When i listen to it in its entirety, i just feel something is missing (maybe it's because most of my favorite M songs came after the 80's lol).

What do you think about it guys? Which one do you think is better? Discuss.

TIC. I prefer the even mastering and the order of tracks.

C had better tracks but I felt it was a TIC redux of some sort since 80s song outnumber the 90s. And the mastering, not impressive.

Yeah, the mastering of Celebration is unforgivable and embarrassing.

TIC is just that, an immaculate collection. :bow:

Except that it should've included Who's That Girl

Guest bluejean

I would recommend Celebration to any new fan. But as a listener I prefer TIC. Something about the sequencing, the remixes used, the Q sound.... It just has this nostalgic aspect to it that I love.

Which compilation do you guys think is better? I'll go with Celebration, there's WAY more songs on it and it gave a better idea of her overall catalogue. The only problem for me is that the songs aren't in chronological order and some important hits are missing.

The Immaculate Collection is amazing too but for me it's just a 80's greatest hits, it doesn't represent her discography as a whole. When i listen to it in its entirety, i just feel something is missing (maybe it's because most of my favorite M songs came after the 80's lol).

You do realize it was released in 1990? At the time, it was the definitive compilation from her with a slight twist. She just didn't slap on the original mixes. She had them remixed.

I do like the Celebration compilation just as well. While I questions a few exclusions and inclusions, it's the definitive collection right now from Madonna.

You do realize it was released in 1990? At the time, it was the definitive compilation from her with a slight twist. She just didn't slap on the original mixes. She had them remixed.

I do like the Celebration compilation just as well. While I questions a few exclusions and inclusions, it's the definitive collection right now from Madonna.

Yes i know that of course. I just think that her catalogue is SO huge that TIC doesn't represent it well as a whole.

Several points:

1. IC is probably one of the best, perhaps the best GH collection ever made.

2. Right amount of songs. All the songs here were HUGE career defining ICONIC HITS.

3. Both new songs were big hits.

4. All are new versions not available elsewhere.

5. It sounds like whole, all songs are mixed similarly.

6. The packaging, pictures and song order is amazing!

7. She was on top of her game when it was released.

8. JML (the first single) was HUGE!

9. She was just off from Blond Ambition Tour.

10. Its not just a compilation. Its a landmark! The title is perfect. She will never top this.

Several points:

2. Right amount of songs. All the songs here were HUGE career defining ICONIC HITS.

10. Its not just a compilation. Its a landmark! The title is perfect. She will never top this.

Amen to all that!

Several points:

This!... IC all the way

Actually instead of Celebration we should have had a Immaculate Collection Re-release 2 cd (Original cd + some new remixes)

madonna-The-Immaculate-Collection-cd-bac

This is one of the greatest albums of all time. Essential.

Celebration obviously collects more of her work - but some additions and some omissions make it a little uneven. The sound is terrible, some edits are simply bad. On the other hand, I do appreciate that they tried not making it chronological. Not sure if it actually works, but I like that someone gave it a try.