CONFIRMED: Madonna will perform at the Grammys on Sunday!

Apples388

OMG when she comes out imma be all like

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Then pee myself / gay coma with seizures and mouth foam

The Mail is reporting this:

Earlier this month, two Los Angeles Times sources 'with knowledge of the plans' said Madonna was going to join Beyoncé onstage LA's Staples Center

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2545362/Madonna-posts-Instagram-hinting-shes-performing-Grammy-Awards-Sunday.html#ixzz2rKoO5BNb

Please no! Beyonce and her music are so vapid and dull.

The Mail is reporting this:

Earlier this month, two Los Angeles Times sources 'with knowledge of the plans' said Madonna was going to join Beyoncé onstage LA's Staples Center

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2545362/Madonna-posts-Instagram-hinting-shes-performing-Grammy-Awards-Sunday.html#ixzz2rKoO5BNb

could be.

Actually the LAT linked article suggests that Madonna will *not* hook up with Beyonce, but with *another* nominee.

I looked over all the performers and the nominees and putting that together with the picture of Madonna with the guitar and thinking about what would be the most iconic and attention getting performance, and I really think she will perform with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, who are performing together in a mini-Beatles reunion for the first time in many years. (Paul is nominated for best rock song for something he wrote with the surviving members of Nirvana) She's friends with Stella and she's appeared with him many times like at the MTV Video Music Awards back in the 1990's. That makes total sense to me. It's a little unexpected because they're not dance artists and everyone expects Madonna to perform with something younger and hipper, but the Grammys likes to do the unexpected. That has to be it.

Yeh, as much as I would love to see M with the remaining Beatles, I think Dollhouse is spot on..it would cement her in that tricky 'legacy' position.

Shame it's not with Daft Punk.

Oh well, I think unfortunately it's gonna be the equally abysmal Perry or Beyonce.. but fuck it, Madonna is gonna be performing! :tigger::tigger:

Edited by BangGangUK

Yeh, as much as I would love to see M with the remaining Beatles, I think Dollhouse is spot on..it would cement her in that tricky 'legacy' position.

Well, I think unfortunately it's gonna be the equally abysmal Perry or Beyonce.. but fuck it, Madonna is gonna be performing! :tigger::tigger:

It won't be with Katy or Beyonce because the Grammys producers purposely try to put together performers you wouldn't expect and who don't seem to have that much in common. I'm not saying Madonna is like Beyonce and Katy but to a lot of people they are female pop divas in the catergory. It's not up to Madonna alone who she performs with; the Grammy producers come up with these ideas. The more I think about it I think it's definitely going to be with Paul and Ringo. She's been pictured with Paul many times before as I said at various events so it's not like she's averse to being seen or hanging out with him.

It won't be with Katy or Beyonce because the Grammys producers purposely try to put together performers you wouldn't expect and who don't seem to have that much in common. I'm not saying Madonna is like Beyonce and Katy but to a lot of people they are female pop divas in the catergory. It's not up to Madonna alone who she performs with; the Grammy producers come up with these ideas. The more I think about it I think it's definitely going to be with Paul and Ringo. She's been pictured with Paul many times before as I said at various events so it's not like she's averse to being seen or hanging out with him.

Yeh, good point about the uncommon pairings..hmmm

Dear Jessie/Yesterday mash-up??? :ohmy:

Edited by BangGangUK

Judging by her pic on Instagram, she'll be on guitar....narrows down some of the choices a bit. PRAYING for an acoustic version of Same Love with Macklemore! Please Madge!! (And I'm happy to hear she'll be wearing heels. LOVE her in a sexy pair of heels!!).

That was released after the qualifying period.

Watch out for next year grammy.

The Artpop album was, but Applause the single was released during the eligibility period.

Just like Katy Perry and Roar

She's going there for a reason, and the reason must be promoting artforfreedom, one way or another.
I don't see her doing it while performing with Paul & Ringo. Macklemore maybe, but the obvious choice is Katy Perry since they have joined forces for the project this month.

Edited by _Gark

She's going there for a reason, and the reason must be promoting artforfreedom, one way or another.

I don't see her doing it while performing with Paul & Ringo. Macklemore maybe, but the obvious choice is Katy Perry since they have joined forces for the project this month.

Yes, but Katy doesn't have a song that's about art and freedom and gay rights, so how would performing one of Katy's regular songs advance the cause? I suppose Macklemore is possible, but not everything has to be connected to Art and Freedom. As I said before she knows and likes Paul and the semi-Beatles reunion is an event and iconic and something she'd want to be part of, even if it's not political.

Like someone above us mentioned, The Grammys usually set up these pairings. They usually put together acts you least expect to be together or reunite acts. I'm not saying she doesn't have an agenda as most artists do, but I have a feeling she was just asked to perform with someone and she simply obliged.