What album has the best / worst singles?

material_boy

What album has the best / worst singles?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What album has the BEST singles?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
  2. 2. What album has the WORST singles?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA

Worst: MDNA. Hands down. All the mediocre (to not say worse) songs got the attention while the real gems of that album (Love Spent, I'm Addicted, Gang Bang & Masterpiece) got ignored.

To be quite honest, all the songs got ignored, :lol:

Worst: MDNA. Hands down. All the mediocre (to not say worse) songs got the attention while the real gems of that album (Love Spent, I'm Addicted, Gang Bang & Masterpiece) got ignored.

Exactly this! And in that order more or less. Love Spent being ignored was criminal!

Bedtime Stories - all the singles and the videos were amazing. Imagery and music came together so well that era. ROL is a very close second.

MDNA is the worst, with Hard Candy hot on its heels. Worst single choices for the former and the worst music videos in the latter.

All singles released from Like a Prayer, Bedtime Stories and Hard Candy were classics. I would have probably also released Forbidden Love from BS and BGO from HC. the other albums have one or two dodgy single releases, the worst being MDNA of course.

Hard Candy had the worst singles (it's also one of her worst albums so..) even though I adore Miles Away.

In my opinion COADF had the best singles. I mean HU and Sorry alone were a killer duo. Get Together and Jump didn't get the videos the deserved but they are still AMAZING songs.

I would say ROL had the best singles - from Frozen, DW, ROL, The Power of Goodbye to Nothing Really Matters. They all offered different parts of the album and it worked perfectly and the videos to them were amazing.

MDNA is the worst for me as people already mentioned. She released GMAYL, GGW and TUTR, some of the album's worst tracks it had to offer. I know she wanted a Gang Bang music video but wasn't able to film one after Quentin turned her down. Even a live video of the MDNA Tour would have worked but needless to say, she didn't release great tracks like Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Love Spent or Beautiful Killer which will always be a mystery to me. :angry:

I'm surprised to see no best votes for Like a Virgin.

:think:

Its four singles (five if you include Into The Groove) were pretty perfect at the time.

They might sound dated and overplayed. Perhaps that's why? Having said that I voted for True Blue of course! :p

God. Just listened to Confessions. What the fu** happened between 2006-2012. Justin Timberlake, and Timbaland can be blamed for Hard Candy, and MDNA was just an absolute disaster. Martin Solveig, and all of the other producers just brought generic messes. and poor quality music to the album. I am so excited to be passed those two... Rebel Heart is going in a very very good direction. Confessions, Music, and AL tease.... My three fav albums!