What album has the best / worst singles?

material_boy

What album has the best / worst singles?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What album has the BEST singles?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
  2. 2. What album has the WORST singles?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA

For me -- Best: "True Blue." Five spectacular songs, five distinct videos, and the five best songs on the album. Can't go wrong. Sheer perfection

Worst: "MDNA." This album had some stellar songs -- "Beautiful Killer," "Love Spent" -- that were left behind as album cuts or even bonus tracks while filler like "GMAYL" got a single release. Just all around the worst single choices.

Best: Bedtime Stories, all singles were beyond amazing, so were the music videos.

Worst: MDNA, great album with songs such as Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Love Spent, I'm A Sinner, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer... none of them singles. What a waste.

AL had the best remixes, but COADF have the better singles so I chose that.

Worst singles is a no-brainer. MDNA. She trolled us so hard w/ those choices.

Who voted for Music? :huh:

Music, Don't Tell Me, WIFLFAG were great songs with great videos. Maybe because it deserved more singles: Impressive Instant and Paradise.

Screw the excuses, I want names!

I think the obvious choice for worst would be MDNA. But I decided to be creative and pick Hard Candy. Candy Shop should have been 1st single. BGO should have had a release, same goes for She's Not Me.

Candy Shop would've had Madonna laughed right out of the era. That song didn't come alive until she performed it live. For better or worse, 4 Minutes was the right choice for the first single.

But anyway, the masses are right on this one: True Blue = best, MDNA = worst.

And who voted for Like a Virgin??? How could you argue against LAV, Material Girl, Angel, and Dress You Up? What should they have released instead? Shoo-Bee-Doo? Please.

I think in terms of singles, it all went down hill after ROL. Seriously, it was the last time they bothered to release a good selection of singles.

Guest Not4Pussies

I think in terms of singles, it all went down hill after ROL. Seriously, it was the last time they bothered to release a good selection of singles.

Thank you for posting this. You're absolutely right. What's up with taking a chance and releasing DW/SFL but not take a chance and release Impressive Instant? That's when the bad single choices and fuck ups started.

Guest Not4Pussies

I was going to choose MDNA but the videos save the single choices although LS, GB could have been great singles. Anyhow worst goes to HC. Beat Goes On? Devil...?

As for best.....Bedtime Stories, ROL, Erotica. In that order

I chose Bedtime Stories. But I'm now thinking maybe I should've chosen Ray of Light as we got 5 singles, 5 quality videos, outstanding remixes and a B-side which turns out to be one of her greatest masterpieces Has To Be.

Worst: I almost chose Hard Candy as we only got 2 real but lame videos. But it has to be MDNA as all 3 (or 4) singles were the worst tracks on the album. But we did get 2 amazing videos.

For me -- Best: "True Blue." Five spectacular songs, five distinct videos, and the five best songs on the album. Can't go wrong. Sheer perfection

Worst: "MDNA." This album had some stellar songs -- "Beautiful Killer," "Love Spent" -- that were left behind as album cuts or even bonus tracks while filler like "GMAYL" got a single release. Just all around the worst single choices.

Well, TB could have released "Wheres the Party" too..then in would have been perfect.