Madonna 6th most admired person in Russia

kangarooz

14000 participants for 13 countries. Roughly 1100 per country. Not really representative considering the population.

Interesting poll anyway... Kind of... Not really.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah my Russian friend had no idea about the whole Madonna thing back in 2012 and them suing her. However she did know about the Hard candy fitness in Moscow

as if putin is the most liked person in russia.

he's actually more liked than you may think. I met various Russian people in London and they all praised him, included a gay guy :daft:

Guest Rachelle of London

I think Vladimir Putin is great -I'm not surprised he's the most admired person in Russia.

Uh oh! LG you are brave!

I think Vladimir Putin is great -I'm not surprised he's the most admired person in Russia.

yeah. threatening people from big industries to fire thousands of their employees if they don't vote for putin is a great thing!

Really hate Putin. There are definitely people benefitting from some of his policies, but others (political opponents, gays, journalists) have been terrorized & thrown under the bus. I feel very sorry for the gays I've seen on video who get their ass kicked by young thugs & orthodox religious followers.

What do you love about Putin? His asinine hatred for America? That's not a good reason to hate (if ever there is one). You may think that America is the curtain covering the secret NWO plot but what if you're wrong? Do you realise what you're supporting?

I don't think he does hate America. I think he's determined to maintain his own country's independence, and maintain international law, against real (documented, not imagined) attempts to undermine and subvert it by America and its allies. He has saved an entire country from being invaded, at a probably cost of tens of thousands of lives, preserving a moderate Arab state and preventing a Muslim brotherhood one from being formed. That makes him probably the most remarkable world leader (admittedly with little competition) of 2013.

didnt he back the antigay laws in Russia too?

Yes Putin is one of the masterminds behind the infamous anti-gay laws. I was recently reading about a gay couple who moved to NY from Russia. The guys needed to flee Russia because of all the hostilities against gays & they were attacked outside of a synagogue by where they were living. They apparently reported the attack to the authorities, but the police never pursued the case like many other violent anti-gay incidents. I think at least one of these guys are jewish, so I'm assuming they even feel more vilified there because anti-semitism could be intense.

These guys got married in NY & they were actually going to be keep it quiet besides only informing very close family. A newspaper in Russia found out about their marriage & wrote terrible things about them in the press & the guys allegedly received death threats. Fortunately, they were able to receive asylum in America.

Also, a mob of dozens of men attacked one of the biggest & most popular gay nightclubs in Russia. They apparently destroyed the roof & the owner of the nightclub had to seek asylum in the US because he was afraid for his life & law enforcement were not protecting him. These stories are really depressing, especially when you think about how difficult some people's lives(not all) will be under Putin's authoritative regime.

I don't think he does hate America. I think he's determined to maintain his own country's independence, and maintain international law, against real (documented, not imagined) attempts to undermine and subvert it by America and its allies. He has saved an entire country from being invaded, at a probably cost of tens of thousands of lives, preserving a moderate Arab state and preventing a Muslim brotherhood one from being formed. That makes him probably the most remarkable world leader (admittedly with little competition) of 2013.

I guess you are talking about Syria. And no, he was not the only international politician to "save a country from being invaded". Where others were using diplomacy to find a solution he sent war ships. And to believe he did it because he cares so much about people is simply naive. The main reason for his actions was to regain a certain amount of power and influence in the region. Keep in mind that the former Soviet Union used to be a power player and once this country fell apart all of the influence was gone.