Forthcoming Madonna Album: Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

If you guys continue to have this Mtribe exchange, I will start deleting posts and suspend yous from posting.

Now please get back on topic, thank you.

50fn.jpg

Pretty sure this is the same generic fucktard who had the mix saved on disk for someone else then scrapped it, only to pull it out of the dump to drop M's vocals over it for GGW. Yes, he actually admitted that. Lord help us all if this hack has ANYTHING to do w/ her new record.

Avicii has some killer tracks but the hype around him has died down considerably. He is pretty mainstream now and I doubt his sound will be the hot thing by the end of the year. Yeah the kids love him at EDM festivals but half of them don't even know who the fuck they are listening to they are that high. And being a DJ and mixing lots of different artists is not the same as producing consistently good work as a producer. I'd be interested in a one off track for HIS album but a whole album with him would be overkill. And I actually really liked his remix of GGW.

I'm not saying I don't want her to work with "mainstream" artists and she has to find some underground DJ or do an album of ballads. I would just rather she finds someone a little more inspiring than Avicii.

All his shit is straight out of the keyboard factory sounds. It's all about making a buck. Him, and his ilk, put ZERO time into their output. I see I'm gonna have to stay away from this thread until we get deeper into the album and things get more solid, cuz if these are the early rumors, I'M OUT

Definitely NOT looking for TUTR part 2!

edit: I mean, What's next? M working w/ that Koons guy for her album cover??? Might as well drop that rock on me too!

sigh.

All his shit is straight out of the keyboard factory sounds. It's all about making a buck. Him, and his ilk, put ZERO time into their output. I see I'm gonna have to stay away from this thread until we get deeper into the album and things get more solid, cuz if these are the early rumors, I'M OUT

Definitely NOT looking for TUTR part 2!

Yeah, I don't think this has any truth.

I think this time she's going to break away from the last two albums, sonically.

This is what it says on Madonnarama:

According to Madonnarama reader Patrick, DJ Avicii was interviewed yesterday by Australian Channel V and said he has some upcoming plans with Madonna.

I tried to find that interview where he's supposed to comment about that and I couldn't find it. The only source so far is this reader. I think that if he commented this, it would be at least on the Channel V website and there's nothing but Avicii's tour dates.

This is what it says on Madonnarama:

According to Madonnarama reader Patrick, DJ Avicii was interviewed yesterday by Australian Channel V and said he has some upcoming plans with Madonna.

I tried to find that interview where he's supposed to comment about that and I couldn't find it. The only source so far is this reader. I think that if he commented this, it would be at least on the Channel V website and there's nothing but Avicii's tour dates.

I kinda sort of believe there could be some truth now. Ugh

Whatever, it's going to be great anyway!

Ever since the GGW remix I had a hunch that Madonna would collab with him, but lest we forget that tons of producers/writers say that they're gonna work with Madonna (Swiss Beatz and Akon on Hard Candy, for example) but never do.

Do you think M really knows how people/fans feel about MDNA? I mean she's said many times she NEVER reads press or reviews about herself, good or bad. And it debuted at number one and she had the top tour of the year so as far as she knows it was very successful. So maybe she'll continue in the same line of production because she might think that everyone was very pleased. What do you guys think?

Guest Ken Alexandre Meridi

I heard sh's doing two albums a ballad one hopefully it's full of take a bow like ballads and a mega mix I would love for the mega mix to be like a collection of her past albums rolled into one with every tracks resembling each of her her 12 studio albums you know

I heard sh's doing two albums a ballad one hopefully it's full of take a bow like ballads and a mega mix I would love for the mega mix to be like a collection of her past albums rolled into one with every tracks resembling each of her her 12 studio albums you know

That's not happening. Not yet, at least.

.....to be like a collection of her past albums rolled into one with every tracks resembling each of her her 12 studio albums you know

she kinda did that, with MDNA

Guest Not4Pussies

she kinda did that, with MDNA

Can you give me the examples of which tracks resembled each one of her 12 studio albums please Mr sassy

Oh but performing with Psy was ok?

This seems to be a pet peeve of yours, so let me ask: do you even know anything about PSY besides GS or Gentleman? No offence, but it's the same as writing M off as a silly novelty act just because the only thing you know is that she did Material Girl.

And besides, all she did was a mash up on her show. It wasn't televised, it wasn't hyped, she just did it for fun. Big whoop. Should we also crucify her for having Vanilla Ice in SEX?

Can you give me the examples of which tracks resembled each one of her 12 studio albums please Mr sassy whoopie

I used the word "kinda." Yes in some respects but no in other respects.

It was widely discussed here during it's release that MDNA was self referential. It was rumored to be titled "Madonna" after all (As it did kinda did end up being that).

There's your answer.

Can you give me the examples of which tracks resembled each one of her 12 studio albums please Mr sassy

I can't speak for most, but this is what I hear when I listen to the tracks on MDNA:

Girl Gone Wild - EROTICA

I'm Addicted - MUSIC (namely, Impressive Instant)

Turn Up the Radio - CONFESSIONS

Superstar - TRUE BLUE

I Don't Give A - HARD CANDY/AMERICAN LIFE

I'm a Sinner - LIKE A VIRGIN

Love Spent - LIKE A PRAYER

Masterpiece - SOMETHING TO REMEMBER

Falling Free - RAY OF LIGHT

These are more nods thematically than sonically, rather than full-on attributions. But that's the vibe they leave me with.

Guest Not4Pussies

I can't speak for most, but this is what I hear when I listen to the tracks on MDNA:

Girl Gone Wild - EROTICA

I'm Addicted - MUSIC (namely, Impressive Instant)

Turn Up the Radio - CONFESSIONS

Superstar - TRUE BLUE

I Don't Give A - HARD CANDY/AMERICAN LIFE

I'm a Sinner - LIKE A VIRGIN

Love Spent - LIKE A PRAYER

Masterpiece - SOMETHING TO REMEMBER

Falling Free - RAY OF LIGHT

These are more nods thematically than sonically, rather than full-on attributions. But that's the vibe they leave me with.

Thanx svperstar. Very interesting observation.

you here?

i1KzhSaSBgxEM.gif

i was wondering the same :clap:

Do you think M really knows how people/fans feel about MDNA? I mean she's said many times she NEVER reads press or reviews about herself, good or bad. And it debuted at number one and she had the top tour of the year so as far as she knows it was very successful. So maybe she'll continue in the same line of production because she might think that everyone was very pleased. What do you guys think?

i wonder the same sometimes, i don't think Guy or whoever makes her aware of all the negativity online for her last album and lead single. She is not like some flop princesses 24H a day on the internet reading and commenting on boards and Twitter. Also, i guess not having a traditional recording contract anymore means that she has not executives from a label pushing her to go to a certain direction or re-record tracks.

Dev Hynes' new album is brilliant I am very behind that

YES! Cupid Deluxe is one of the best albums released in 2013

And I'm pretty sure Dev would love to work with her, because he favorited two tweets of mine where I said I wish they would collaborate.

:wow: WOW totally mesmerized by Blood Orange/Dev Hynes! Thanks for mentioning him. Would be absolutely fascinating to hear a collab of him and Madonna… :drool:

MDNA does differ from her other albums in that way that it is a total mixed bag. There are some horribly cheap, generic or silly sounding songs (GGW, GMAYL, Some Girls, B'Day Song, Superstar...) which I believe M wouldn't have bothered to put on an album 10 or 20 years ago. But on the other hand, there are some stand-out tracks which could easily pass as one of her best songs from her recent years (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, arguably Love Spent or Falling Free). Beautiful Killer is in my opinion pure simple pop perfection as well and exactly the typical Madonna!

For the next album, my biggest wish though would be there's a cohesive theme for the era, which reflects in her music, her looks, her videos, her performances etc.

The last time we had this was COADF and that's what I currently miss about M!

of course she knows when the album is a big hit or when the album drops dramatically. Madonna is a businesswoman and controls every part of her firm. And her firm is MADONNA. She knows that in terms of tours she's on top, and in terms of albums she's in a kind of limbo. She knows too that she's losing the young generations, and since she started, she knew perfectly that having new fans is far more profitable in the long term than feeding old fans with comfort music. So yes, she knows perfectly that there's at least something a bit "wrong" with her career right now. That's why she released GMAYL and GGW and TUTR as singles, because that's what is on the charts right now. The trick didn't work and for the next album she will try another tactic. But people has to forget about her releasing a ballad album or some weird thing: she's trying trendy music until she gets a global hit album, USA included.

of course she knows when the album is a big hit or when the album drops dramatically. Madonna is a businesswoman and controls every part of her firm. And her firm is MADONNA. She knows that in terms of tours she's on top, and in terms of albums she's in a kind of limbo. She knows too that she's losing the young generations, and since she started, she knew perfectly that having new fans is far more profitable in the long term than feeding old fans with comfort music. So yes, she knows perfectly that there's at least something a bit "wrong" with her career right now. That's why she released GMAYL and GGW and TUTR as singles, because that's what is on the charts right now. The trick didn't work and for the next album she will try another tactic. But people has to forget about her releasing a ballad album or some weird thing: she's trying trendy music until she gets a global hit album, USA included.

I do wonder what they do really think. I think she's generally aware so she'd know the singles tanked but sometimes I think they're clueless.

Didn't a press release say that her target demographic was 18 - 27 girls a couple of years ago which we all thought was hilarious!

Madonna isn't gonna have huge singles chart success at this stage because she'll be fucking 56 years old when her next album drops

Madonna is only 1 of 4 female artists in Billboard Hot 100 history to have a top 10 song in their 50s

It's virtually unheard of

And NO female act has had multiple top 10 hits in their 50s, but if anybody can do it it's Madonna

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore, when Madonna had hit after hit effortlessly and radio would be all over her latest song no matter what

This ageism is REAL.

I still think she can pull off having one big single with the next album and she'll get another Guinness World Record as the only female act to top the singles charts.