My dream producer for the next album is...

She may as well work with the real deal Daft Punk in that case, he's an imitation of them

mdnadailytweets: Daft Punk have been asked in interview by NRJ if they would like to collaborate with Madonna, and they answered it would be an honer!

:)

Stock Aitken Waterman

This masterpiece was produced by them. It's the closest she came to working with them. I remember reading that she was very involved in the production of that that soundtrack, very hands on. Love the soundtrack.

Dr Dre has an aversion to working with major artists. People that he made major are fine. Or someone major he was willing to work with. But Madonna he felt would be difficult hence she fits the profile of a major artist he didn't want to work with.

Madonna approached Dr.Dre to produce her,and he actually completed a track (intended for Madonna) that was co-written by one of his proteges,Truth Hurts.Not sure if Madonna turned it down,or what happened exactly.But he was interested in working with Madonna.I think this was sometime in the early 2000s?

Never heard anything by Dr. Dre. Can't stand rap. Thank heavens nothing saw the light of day. Anyhow , I'm sure she was the one who turned the song down, not the other way around. Jesus Christ, Madonna can have anyone she wants. What a load of BS that he turned her down. I don't believe it for a second.

Madonna wanted Dre for Bedtime Stories, he turned her down so she got some UK producer to channel Dre instead.

No--the American Dave Hall gave her the Dre sound with Human Nature.

The Daft Punk rumors bug me because the time to work with them was back in the late '90s when they were still fresh and new (and doing their best work, IMO - don't like the new album) and Madonna was in her "cutting edge" period. Now it will just seem like she's jumping on another bandwagon. Not to mention, Mirwais sound was very similar to early Daft Punk.

I'm a huge fan of Shep's work with Madonna, but bringing him back makes zero sense. He stopped making music. What would you want them to do? Recreate that old 90s house sound? If so, I would much rather she do it with a young new producer who puts his/her own spin on it. And if she were going to make a new sound with Shep, what's the point? We would want Shep for the old sound. It's a catch 22.

No offense to anyone's ideas, but I never understand the desire to look back and use a past producer. Writers like Pat Leonard, ok, but producers? Sure, she has had good chemistry with lots of people, but I don't think William Orbit really brought anything new to the sonic table for MDNA, even though I love "Love Spent" to death. Nile's work on Daft Punk's last album was good, but nothing ground-breaking in my opinion.

I'd prefer Felix da Housecat, Gesaffelstein, or Will Gregory.

I agree. Bring back Pat, but find someone new to produce. Even Will Gregory are Felix are old news at this point.

Nile didn't produce Daft Punk's album. He was just a guest musician on one or two tracks.

That would be okay if she could do in a pop way or mixed with electronic beats. But I personally don't care for straight up super stripped down conventional folk music where it's just an acoustic guitar and little else. I find that very boring and tiresome. People think singing with an acoustic guitar is automatically more artistic or deep, but I find it kind of cliched and predictable.

But she's already done this: Music, American Life.

Never heard anything by Dr. Dre. Can't stand rap. Thank heavens nothing saw the light of day. Anyhow , I'm sure she was the one who turned the song down, not the other way around. Jesus Christ, Madonna can have anyone she wants. What a load of BS that he turned her down. I don't believe it for a second.

He doesn't produce just rap.

And yes, people have turned Madonna down. Face the truth.

Guest Rachelle of London

I bet loads of people have turned her down.

A. Not everyone's a fan

B. Everything they do will forever be associated with her.

As previously stated Dre doesn't like working with huge artists. Therefore he wouldn't work with Madonna.

COADF is nowhere near my favorite Madonna album, but I just want her to lock herself in a little studio with one producer (maybe two, since she always throws in a couple of songs with someone else) and bang something out in a couple of months like she used to.

And has anyone talked about Kevin Antunes? She seems to like working with tour musical directors, hiring them to work on albums after doing a couple of tours with them (Pat, Stuart, and she mentioned that she was thinking about doing an album with the musicians on the Girlie Show), so wouldn't he be the obvious next Golden Boy? She's done two tours with him already.

COADF is nowhere near my favorite Madonna album, but I just want her to lock herself in a little studio with one producer (maybe two, since she always throws in a couple of songs with someone else) and bang something out in a couple of months like she used to.

I said this already. I don't want Confessions II either. But I know artistically Madonna makes her best music when she has no timetable and works with a single producer in his home studio at her own pace.

Madonna needs Dave Hall again! Human nature part 2 would be my dream

Not intended specifically at you, but I don't understand the idea of fans wanting her to work with people she's worked with in the past? I remember distinctly when the song 'Celebration' came out, many fans were ripping it to shreds because it sounded too much like something she did already. So why would one want her to go back to someone she's worked with before, chancing she's going to just reproduce a sound she's already done? I know many people were excited when they heard William Orbit came back on board for MDNA, but it certainly didn't recreate the same vibe RAY OF LIGHT had.

I guess what confuses me is the contradiction within a lot of fans. Many say they want her to work with someone new and/or fresh and when she does, they criticize it for sounding dated... (Girl Gone Wild & Celebration anyone?). And then fans say they want her to work with these people she worked with before such as Pat Leonard, thinking they are gonna be able to come up with something different? I'm not saying it's not entirely possible. It's just if one doesn't want her to chance of creating or recreating something that is dated, why would they want them to go back to that same person who helped her produce or create that sound?

For me, I honestly don't care who she gets. I can say that I've enjoyed more of her work than not. She hasn't disappointed me. I don't think working with someone in the past or someone new, makes a big difference. In the end, she can create a fantastic album, ahead of it's time, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will guarantee a hit. And I know that if an album and the singles don't get mainstream success, there will be many fans jumping on that wagon of how it's accepted by the public. Face it, more than likely any future Madonna album whether it's great in our eyes or not, will never surpass or equal the same success some of her most successful albums. And for me, a great album isn't measured by how many top 40 hits it generates or if it gets radio airplay. I leave that to the youngsters who think radio plays great music, when in most cases, the music industry/radio dictates what are hits which is again geared toward the youth.

Guest Rachelle of London

But Madonna has worked with the same people on different projects, it's just the way she utilises them, to recreate something fresh. That's something Madonna is superb at.

But Madonna has worked with the same people on different projects, it's just the way she utilises them, to recreate something fresh. That's something Madonna is superb at.

I actually agree. And I really don't have a problem with her working people in the past. I guess what humors me is the many fans who insist she work with this person or that person, hoping to create some new and fresh sound, yet beg for her to work with people she's worked with before in the same breath. Whether it's someone new or old, it never guarantees she's going to produce something to everyone's liking. And the proof is... almost every album she's produce (especially more of late) there is always a mix reaction from fans.

I keep going back to "Celebration" and remember the uproar from many fans who didn't like the song because it sounded dated. The same goes for "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" and these songs involved newer people. Yet, two of the most loved songs on MDNA ("Falling Free" and "Love Spent") did include older collabs. But then again, we have another much fan favorite "I'm Addicted" which was co-written with same people who wrote/produced "Girl Gone Wild".

Guest Rachelle of London

I actually agree. And I really don't have a problem with her working people in the past. I guess what humors me is the many fans who insist she work with this person or that person, hoping to create some new and fresh sound, yet beg for her to work with people she's worked with before in the same breath. Whether it's someone new or old, it never guarantees she's going to produce something to everyone's liking. And the proof is... almost every album she's produce (especially more of late) there is always a mix reaction from fans.

I keep going back to "Celebration" and remember the uproar from many fans who didn't like the song because it sounded dated. The same goes for "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" and these songs involved newer people. Yet, two of the most loved songs on MDNA ("Falling Free" and "Love Spent") did include older collabs. But then again, we have another much fan favorite "I'm Addicted" which was co-written with same people who wrote/produced "Girl Gone Wild".

:clap:

Right now I don't really worry about who produces her records but I do care who she writes with. Or who give her their songs to record (as it unfortunately is nowadays). She needs to work with real songwriters. Write with them and not have them write for her. Get together with them for a songwriting camp or something and simply brainstorm with them. Come up with smart lyrics and great melodies.

And then get some contemporary electronic producer to do his/her thing. Come on. It's not going to be folk or anything else but music to dance to. Let's face it. I've been saying this since COADF. She's now in her Cher years. She isn't going to do much else than generic dance music that is meant to be the soundtrack to her workout or aerobics routines that she does on her next tour. I mean, come on, she admits this herself. How many times did she refer to her show as her workout during the Q&A at the MDNA DVD premiere (or whatever the event was when she was dressed up as Marlene Dietrich)?

she did do that AC hilt from the Almodovar soundtrack recently. Plus Falling Free which she didn't write. I like the ones she does pen, like Shoo-bee-doo.

Right now I don't really worry about who produces her records but I do care who she writes with. Or who give her their songs to record (as it unfortunately is nowadays). She needs to work with real songwriters.Write with them and not have them write for her. Get together with them for a songwriting camp or something and simply brainstorm with them. Come up with smart lyrics and great melodies.

I agree.

Right now I don't really worry about who produces her records but I do care who she writes with. Or who give her their songs to record (as it unfortunately is nowadays). She needs to work with real songwriters. Write with them and not have them write for her. Get together with them for a songwriting camp or something and simply brainstorm with them. Come up with smart lyrics and great melodies.

And then get some contemporary electronic producer to do his/her thing. Come on. It's not going to be folk or anything else but music to dance to. Let's face it. I've been saying this since COADF. She's now in her Cher years. She isn't going to do much else than generic dance music that is meant to be the soundtrack to her workout or aerobics routines that she does on her next tour. I mean, come on, she admits this herself. How many times did she refer to her show as her workout during the Q&A at the MDNA DVD premiere (or whatever the event was when she was dressed up as Marlene Dietrich)?

You're right, but I think you're overestimating her stamina in the coming years. You're forgetting about "Masterpiece," "Like a VIrgin," "Candy Shop," "Human Nature," "Like a Prayer." Those were all slow or midtempo portions of the show and I think it's inevitable (and preferable IMO) that we'll be seeing more and more of that as she gets older. Each album since COADF has been more and more of a mix of tempos and styles and I think (and hope) it will continue in that direction.

^ I don't think I'm the one who overestimates her stamina or what she can physically do. I'd be happy with an album that was anything-but-dance, But I feel Madonna is the one who is fighting back against nature. I think she feels she needs to keep up and prove that she can still do it at her age. I think she feels she needs to be young in order to have respect in the world of pop music. I think that's partially the reason why we've been getting immature, ridiculous and downright stupid lyrics from her in her recent albums (although MDNA was lyrically a step in the right direction). And I think that is crap.

I wish she realized that a lof of her fans have actually grown up with her. Remember that lecture she gave in Olympia in Paris? It was like she was talking to teenagers. She needs to wake up. Most of her fans are 30 or older. I don't get how she fails to understand that she is actually liberated from the need to appeal to younger demographic. She could write smart and wise® lyrics with depth and most of us would welcome that with open arms. But no.

Edited by TheUnseenHand