So when do you think M will enter the studio?

Guest Xanthium

I can't see her releasing 2 albums in 4 years. Not when you look at her past patterns.

And definitely not if she does a movie in there. I think an album and tour in 2015 is most likely and probably nothing for quite afew years after that.

If so, Madonna will have to do a tour without any new music to support it.. I'd consider that highly unlikely.

From 1998-2008, Madonna released a new album every 2½ years. If she returns to that pattern, we'll have a new album in late 2014 and another one in early 2017. Following that logic, my guess is that the next tour will start in early 2015, going on for most of the year (hopefully with some longer-than-usual breaks inbetween legs). The last tour under the Live Nation deal would then start in the summer of 2017.

Guest bluejean

Also, I see no reason why she wouldn't/couldn't make her last tour on the Live Nation contract a Greatest Hits style tour. I suppose it doesn't seem like a very Madonna thing to do however there's lots of money to be made in that and beyond this contract she'll probably be slowing down on touring. So it makes sense to go out with a big crowd pleasing extravaganza that will make loads of money.

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think there will be a movie in between. I wouldn't mind one at all but I think she may concentrate on the music

Guest bluejean

I don't think there will be a movie in between. I wouldn't mind one at all but I think she may concentrate on the music

But she wants to make movies doesn't she? I personally would much rather new music/tours but my understanding is she is very interested in making movies so I don't know how you came to that conclusion

Guest Rachelle of London

She may want to, doesn't mean that she will. There's a lot more money to be made off touring. She may put her heart and soul into it and not see much return. She would've had to of started already and there hasn't been much news about her doing any movies. I bet we'll get an Instagram post soon about her being in the studio.

I wouldn't be surprised if she delivers her last album of this 3-album deal and her last tour with LiveNation under this deal in the lead up to her 60th birthday in 2018. Every beginning has and end and all that; and it will work well given that the whole thing started in 2008 on her 50th birthday.

So basically from 2018, at the age of 60, will be the end of this chapter in her life & career and the beginning of another one. It will be very interesting to see what happens next.

But from now until then, I suspect it will be business as usual for her & us, so let us enjoy the next few years!

Guest Rachelle of London

You can't compare an album with a 17min clip on human rights though. SP was a side project not an album or musical project

Beyoncé's album is cohesive and doesn't cater to radio.

That just sounds like for polite talk for 'hasn't got a decent hit' on it. I think if Beyonce had announced the album and done traditional promo, it wouldn't be selling anywhere near what it has done. It's been a year of leaks and clips of songs so they hype was there for releasing an album but Drunk In Love is falling down the charts already so the album does seem to be a case of hype of over hits.

As for M, yes, I can see her putting an album out late 2014 / early 2015 and going straight on tour for the promotion just like with MDNA. In the meantime, I assume we'll get more artforfreedom work. I just hope her attention doesn't get diverted by directing another film!

Guest Rachelle of London

Can we go back to discussing Madonna before the ranters come back in here moaning that Beyoncé is being discussed.

Does Madonnas 3 album deal with interscope include any greatest hits or compilations

I wonder this too. What about the live albums?

I do have hopes that she might pull another I'm Breathless type of album. She tried to do that again with Hello Suckers. I just really want her to pen more movie songs.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder this too. What about the live albums?

I do have hopes that she might pull another I'm Breathless type of album. She tried to do that again with Hello Suckers. I just really want her to pen more movie songs.

Me too. OMG me too

Beyonce's album is beyond boring. And I am NOT a Beyonce hater, I love all her previous hits. This album doesn't have any though.

For you she's a singles' artist. And she has zero interest in chasing radio trends like Rihanna.

hopefully the revolution of love project inspired her musically and beyonce inspired her buisness sense.

i wish she would just go bare with her music and lyrics - like a prayer and ray of light lyrically - with a bunch of producers and duets or featuring...she needs something new and challenging for her creativity...not the same ole same ole boring forumla of release single then album blah blah blah.

i'm hoping she makes a movie first. thats what she said herself. but there may be a hold up on the production which would give her time to squeeze out a record first which would be good. her total studio time is about 72 hours for each record except american life perhaps.

February/March 2014

Album out in the fall

Tour starting in the spring of 2015

Four main legs, 110 shows perhaps:

Australasia

North America

South America

Europe

That would be nice :)

Since we're speculating

Guest Rachelle of London

February/March 2014

Album out in the fall

Tour starting in the spring of 2015

Four main legs, 110 shows perhaps:

Australasia

North America

South America

Europe

That would be nice :)

Since we're speculating

THIS!

Danish national television station TV2 is now reporting that Madonna is expected to release a new album later this year, along with acts such as Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, Adele, Lily Allen, Lana del Rey, Rihanna, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, U2 and Kanye West.