So when do you think M will enter the studio?

Guest Xanthium

Guest Xanthium

In a couple of months, it will be the two year anniversary of MDNA. I'm gonna guess we'll get a new album in the fall. So when do you think info about the next era will start to come out?

Guest Xanthium

What are the rumors or small tid bits she had said to give us any hints of a new record? Anyone knows?

There's been rumors about Daft Punk producing.

Given that her album gaps have been going up by a year per album in the last decade, we've got another 3 years to wait. If we do get one though, id like to see her work with James Murphy of LCD sound system. Loved his work with Arcade Fire and that Bowie remix he did this year. Daft Punk feels a bit passé for her to get involved with now - even though they should have worked together long ago!

Given that her album gaps have been going up by a year per album in the last decade, we've got another 3 years to wait.

:no: God I hope not...pls no. That means she's gonna be almost 60 by the time she tours again.

We'll be SUPER LUCKY to get a new album by the end of 2014, but my feeling is it's not gonna happen...

Guest Xanthium

Given that her album gaps have been going up by a year per album in the last decade, we've got another 3 years to wait. If we do get one though, id like to see her work with James Murphy of LCD sound system. Loved his work with Arcade Fire and that Bowie remix he did this year. Daft Punk feels a bit passé for her to get involved with now - even though they should have worked together long ago!

Wouldn't 3 years be too long though? Isn't she under contract to deliver sooner than that? Love your mention of LCD Soundsystem. His This Is Happening album was kinda my theme over the summer. He's great at beats, melodies, is known and respected but not overexposed.

There's been rumors about Daft Punk producing.

She'll be accused of jumping on the bandwagon and trying to appeal to teenagers if she works with Daft Punk.

She needs to find someone fresh to work with.

Guest Xanthium

Honestly if the music is top notch I don't think people will care if she's jumping on bandwagons. Plus I don't really know if Madonna is interested in being a trend setter musically. Don't know if that's a major priority anymore. Her last couple of records seem to be about working with whomever she likes.

Guest Not4Pussies

I think we will know sometime in January what her next project will be. Either a film or an album. She hasn't "worked" on a project since September. I say she gets back to work in January. For what exactly, we just have to wait and see. Can't wait for the breakdowns in here though if a film is the next project.

I would love new Madonna music in 2014, but if I had to place my bets; noting contractual obligations, and she will want sufficient distance from MDNA for all sorts of reasons, but also so her return is an event etc, I can see something like this:

2014 [Autumn] - one off single [cause or soundtrack]

2015 [spring] Album [part 1 of 2]

2015 [Autumn] Album [part 2 of 2]

2017 [spring] Album

2018/2019 Deluxe Reissues

2020 Greatest Hits

Being that we haven't heard anything at this point, it's fairly safe to say a Fall 2014 release will not be happening. If we don't hear anything by March, then I think the absolute earliest we will get an album will be Fall 2015. Right now, just going by the normal Madonna timeline and moe's little hints, I'm gonna say she'll enter studio by March and release the next album Spring 2015.

It's not gonna take her one full year to record an album, especially if she has no other outside projects going on.

If she enters the studio in March, prepared with a lot of lyrics already written, she could definitely have the album out by November 2014.

She started recording Bedtime Stories in NYC in March '94 and that album was out by October

Also she didn't enter the recording studio for Confessions until early 2005 and that album was out by November of that year

Guest Xanthium

Yeah when she goes into the studio she's pretty much had a lot of the songs foundations already in place. Studio time is expensive, she's not gonna be in a studio brainstorming over what to do. She goes in with a plan.

Being that we haven't heard anything at this point, it's fairly safe to say a Fall 2014 release will not be happening. If we don't hear anything by March, then I think the absolute earliest we will get an album will be Fall 2015. Right now, just going by the normal Madonna timeline and moe's little hints, I'm gonna say she'll enter studio by March and release the next album Spring 2015.

Who's Moe and what/where are these hints?