Just by looking fab in front of the camera and THATS IT. Nothing else needed.

Crystal Coffin

Hot video for a perfect song. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was obsessed with this video when it came out. GI2M was easily my fave track off Hard Candy back in 08. I remember a girl in my class at the time said she loved the video. I think that was tenth grade. Ha.

Was really disappointed after I first saw this video after it was first released. I thought the video lacked the energy & wow factor, but I really come to like the video. Also, think M looks great here & always found Pharrell to be a yummy guy!

Guest Not4Pussies

Would I have preferred DADay S&S for this video or a boxing theme? Yes!!!! But I love the video no matter what. I always enjoy watching her in this video.

One thing Madonna never did as a video artist was make a "cheap" video. Okay okay okay, there was Love Profusion (which I adore).

But back in the late 80's early 90's, artists (majority of them being 1 hit wonders) would make "cheap" videos that included:

-a white background

-people appearing and disappearing on camera

-grainy footage

-the split screen

-discolored/ cross-processed

-random people dancing (this was filmed for GI2M as shown from the making of)

here some examples:

Now i'm not saying the video is cheap. But the song does have a retro throwback feel to it, so it seems appropriate the video should follow that trend too. GI2M is one of my favorite songs and fav videos. She does what she does best, work the cameras and looking damn sexy at the same time.

UGH! I just KNEW this would be a thread about one of my all time favorite music videos, ever!!! I remember everyone being outraged by it when it came out... and I see why. Like, how dare she serve face, effortlessly. How dare she sport that CHISELED BODY. How dare she swish, sashay, and strut her 50 n' foxxxy ass all over the screen. :wow: The tilted fedora & no pants look remains my all time favorite M outfit, so its no wonder she used for the S&S promo. It's everything, REALLY & TRULY.

madonna-give-it-to-me.jpgmadonna-give-it-to-me.jpg

The black in white was a classy touch! Oh, and Pharrell too.

One thing Madonna never did as a video artist was make a "cheap" video. Okay okay okay, there was Love Profusion (which I adore).

But back in the late 80's early 90's, artists (majority of them being 1 hit wonders) would make "cheap" videos that included:

-a white background

-people appearing and disappearing on camera

-grainy footage

-the split screen

-discolored/ cross-processed

-random people dancing (this was filmed for GI2M as shown from the making of)

here some examples:

Now i'm not saying the video is cheap. But the song does have a retro throwback feel to it, so it seems appropriate the video should follow that trend too. GI2M is one of my favorite songs and fav videos. She does what she does best, work the cameras and looking damn sexy at the same time.

:laugh: Great to see these video clips again. This forum has been wonderful lately for reminding me of old songs/videos I had completely forgot about.

UGH! I just KNEW this would be a thread about one of my all time favorite music videos, ever!!! I remember everyone being outraged by it when it came out... and I see why. Like, how dare she serve face, effortlessly. How dare she sport that CHISELED BODY. How dare she swish, sashay, and strut her 50 n' foxxxy ass all over the screen. :wow: The tilted fedora & no pants look remains my all time favorite M outfit, so its no wonder she used for the S&S promo. It's everything, REALLY & TRULY.

madonna-give-it-to-me.jpgmadonna-give-it-to-me.jpg

The black in white was a classy touch! Oh, and Pharrell too.

totally agree with you...fab video with a great look!!!! that S&S poster was iconic!!!!

:dramatic:

never understood the underappreciation for it...a great video doesn't need tons of money behind, elaborate settings, special effects.....

The only thing that I don't like about the viddeo is that you cannot see her face properly,the images are too whited,ala mdna tour dvd.also,Iwas expecting choreography ala express yoursej,but that'smy fault,bexause I always expect an express yourself...