Looking back on it, how well did Madonna handle the Gaga situation?

adirondak

She handled this the way she always does: with humor and integrity in tact. The email incident was shot down by Liz Rosenberg less than 24 hrs after the lie was told to Leno, then nothing was uttered again for over a year.

When she did publicly comment she did it from the fucking Royal Residence suite at the Waldorf Astoria! Lol!

Lady Whoever.

Queen Madonna.

I was annoyed when I first heard about the mashup on the MDNA tour, but to hear the collective chuckle throughout the arenas I saw the show in, it was perfect.

Oh, I thought you meant the Madonna knowing bit was the conspiracy. Gaga being intended to be a media idol from (birth I guess) as opposed to rising up organically from indie obscurity :rolleyes: wasn't the unlikely part. She's got the right bloodline, upbringing and all that. She always told everyone in the early period she was going to be a big star, and of course she meant it. The New York poverty (Dad rented me an apartment) period was a horribly rushed amateurish re-hash of Madonna's early career, as Gaga's entire career has been.

Lady Gaga faux humble beginnings story is the cringiest thing EVER :rotfl:

How nice that at 18 she moved out "to be an artiste"

With Wi-Fi entrapeneur Daddy's credit card

Keith Haring has to say a word about this:

tumblr_mnfsaz5egl1qbqaujo1_400.jpg

But Gaga then was SO amateur during her beginning. I liked that, a lot, but no one would've anticipated her becoming the it girl. I remember her getting dragged up until Bad Romance actually.

I always thought she looked and sounded rehearsed, poorly scripted and contrived way before the Madonna rip-offs became more and more evident. And UGH the faux brat-on-cocaine voice breathing ART. Grating as much as all the RAH RAH RAH RAH JUDAH DUH DUH DUH DUH obnoxious meaningless singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWF3GhS_WQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNkdCDIyvyY

I don't agree with this at ALL -I think Madonna has insecurities like all of us, and works incredibly hard to overcome them. I also think she *knew* there was a 'new Madonna' on the conveyor belt, and that they really were aiming this one as a replacement. That's where She's Not Me came from. I don't have any evidence for that, but I do believe it.

She's not Me is about Guy.

But it's true that she knows there's lots of competition out there and that it gets more and more difficult to be on top. Maybe she had in mind both messages, but clearly not about that Gargol

But it's true that she knows there's lots of competition out there and that it gets more and more difficult to be on top. Maybe she had in mind both messages, but clearly not about that Gargol

It may be more difficult to be on top yet she still is after 30+ years so...

Yes, but as your name implies, "reality says..." that there are many contenders. Of course, nobody is going to take "her fucking throne", because she's the one and only.

By the way, I wish that media stopped labelling new artists as "the new Madonna". What's the use of having a new Madonna when we already have one? anyway...

I'm amazed at how many of you in this thread seem to be INSIDE MADONNA'S HEAD.

She's Not Me being about GUY is YOUR INTERPRETATION. She's Not Me being about another planned pretender to her career throne is mine. You have your reasons and I have mine, but you DON'T KNOW. So get your tanks of my lawn.

^ I think they are basing what they think on timing and everything that is being said in the song. Wasn't Guy seeing someone when they were getting a divorce? It is ironic how it could fit very well with a lot of what has been going. Maybe Madonna has pyschic abilities.

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna handled it all perfectly from NOT saying a word for two years while this ugly dwarf elephant woman was pillaging everything. To the reductive. To the FANTASTIC inclusion of born that unfortunate way into THE BIGGEST TOUR OF 2012!!!

At the time, I thought the inclusion in the tour was going overboard.

However, history shows that it was a good idea. I now love this performance on the tour, especially since Madonna branded the song as "Express Yourself w/ She's Not Me" and nothing else. Madonna doesn't even claim that Gaga had anything to do with the song. Once that non-credit happened on the DVD it all came together and made sense.

^ I think they are basing what they think on timing and everything that is being said in the song. Wasn't Guy seeing someone when they were getting a divorce? It is ironic how it could fit very well with a lot of what has been going. Maybe Madonna has pyschic abilities.

Or it could just be that it's a song with a timeless and quite universal message. :doh:

Or it could just be that it's a song with a timeless and quite universal message. :doh:

Or it could just be something particular. I don't worship at the altar of what I said. I thought of a possibility. I'm sorry there is a certain criteria floating around out there that limits the acceptance of possibilities. If I say to you that your username for this forum is not CICATRIX then I am being irrational, right?If I share a thought about one of Madonna's songs that I neither wrote produced or sang and was not there for the creation and birth of than I am sharing a thought. A possibility. What Lucky Guy said is a possibility. What I said is a possibility. What you said is a possibility. So what's the :doh: for? It's not like I go around laughing at everyone's thoughts. I would rather understand them.

Madonna is happy and content with herself, that's why I think she's never risen to the bait (except with Mariah in the early 90s).

And I think it's because "nasty people are unhappy people". That quote by Madonna has always stuck with me because it's so true.

on being like Mariah Carey: "Id rather kill myself".

Madonna handled it all perfectly from NOT saying a word for two years while this ugly dwarf elephant woman was pillaging everything. To the reductive. To the FANTASTIC inclusion of born that unfortunate way into THE BIGGEST TOUR OF 2012!!!

:chuckle:

It was brilliant. She let Gags dig her own grave. She then threw the final clump of dirt on top and called it a day.

It was brilliant. She let Gags dig her own grave. She then threw the final clump of dirt on top and called it a day.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh:

Spot on. M handled it perfectly and i'm so glad this repulsive fraud has been exposed for the fake that it is.

j9c1tc.gif

Edited by BangGangUK

I'm amazed at how many of you in this thread seem to be INSIDE MADONNA'S HEAD.

She's Not Me being about GUY is YOUR INTERPRETATION. She's Not Me being about another planned pretender to her career throne is mine. You have your reasons and I have mine, but you DON'T KNOW. So get your tanks of my lawn.

Yes, you are right, And Little Star is about... I'm not in Madonna's head, but i will risk and say Lola. But maybe it's about how some pop star will be in fact very little, and forgot who she is when she changed her name.

And that leads us to American Life, because of course the intro was about Gaga, who changed her name to be a star and lose weight after she got so fat during that tour.

:lmao:

What a great title for the next Gag thread.