New rumour about Madonna being spotted with Patrick Leonard.

Crux

Please let all of this be true :wow:

Especially the Brian Eno part :dramatic:

I don't know maybe it's true ....... Oseary getting U2's management and Bono being at her bday

After Depeche Mode and Bono & Co now it's Madonna's turn to co-create with Mr 1948 British composer ENO

Oh I really hope it's true

But why she's seeing rappers lately?

Rocco mainly I think, but you know how with Madonna one thing doesn't necessarily exclude another

I think this once she's really had plenty of time to mostly focus on the music. If MDNA, sandwiched between her film, the SB and the tour is still a solid record, I can only imagine how great she's going to be with her next album considering she has less on her plate now. Bring on all the fabulosity Madge - great music ahead :inlove:

Rocco mainly I think, but you know how with Madonna one thing doesn't necessarily exclude another

I think this once she's really had plenty of time to mostly focus on the music. If MDNA, sandwiched between her film, the SB and the tour is still a solid record, I can only imagine how great she's going to be with her next album considering she has less on her plate now. Bring on all the fabulosity Madge - great music ahead :inlove:

You read my mind!

Professor-X-Mind-Reading1.jpg

Time for Madonna to capture that Rod Stewart & Lionel Richie OLDER MASS demographic and BIG SALES!!

It would be quite a boring album sorry

Besides Madonna's demographic already comprises elders and youngsters and everyone in between

It would be quite a boring album sorry

Besides Madonna's demographic already comprises elders and youngsters and everyone in between

I think huge amount of elders and youngsters ignore her late dance music..it was kinda misfit..those elders showed a bit interest in Masterpiece though..

a review of the last cohen album 2012's Old Ideas, inolving patrick leonard and Thomas...

While it's not normally a quality one associates with Leonard Cohen, he's always possessed a droll, self-effacing sense of humor. He expresses it on the opening track of Old Ideas in the third person: "I love to speak with Leonard/He's a sportsman and a shepherd/He's a lazy bastard/Living in a suit...." Have no fear, however, Cohen's topical standards, on yearning, struggle, spirituality, love, loss, lust, and mortality are all in abundance here, offered with a poet's insight. It is among Cohen's most spiritual recordings because it brings all of his familiar topics into the fold with a graceful acceptance. He's surrounded by friends on Old Ideas. Patrick Leonard, Dino Soldo, and Anjani Thomas get production and co-writing credits. Sharon Robinson, Dana Glover, Jennifer Warnes, and the Webb Sisters all appear on backing vocals. Cohen mixes up the musical forms far more than he has in the past. The loungey electronic keyboards on "Going Home" are balanced by Glover's female backing chorale, an acoustic piano, and Bela Santelli's violin. The sly, minor-key Gypsy jazz groove on "Amen" is played by a banjo, violin, and Cohen's guitar; it tempers his searing lyric, which posits the notion that the totality of love, divine or otherwise, can only truly be achieved when the object of desire has seen his worst, metaphorically and literally. "Show Me the Place" finds Cohenonce again adopting the Protestant hymnal as stirringly as he did on "Halleluja" -- albeit more quietly -- and wedding it to his simple, direct melodic sensibility. The song is a prayer, not for redemption, but to go ever deeper into the cloud of spiritual unknowing before his demise, to discover the terrain where suffering itself is birthed. Warnes' gorgeous backing vocals, piano, guitar, and violin accompany his beneath-the-basement, cracked-leather baritone in delivering the song with conviction and vulnerability.

Cohen's live band joins him on "Darkness," where he evokes, musically, his love of both late-'40s R&B and gospel, even as he frankly discusses his own -- and everyone's -- entrance into the big goodnight. He also revisits the spartan sound of his early career with "Crazy to Love You," written with Thomas, on which his only accompaniment is his acoustic guitar. Here, he wrestles with an unwanted but nonetheless nagging attachment to erotic desire. "Come Healing" is another hymn, with Glover's vocals, church organ, violin, and Cohen's croaking, old-man-in-the-pew vocal; he sings with reverence: "O see the darkness yielding/That tore the light apart/Come healing of the reason/Come healing of the heart...." "Banjo" is a country-blues that gives the songwriter a chance to indulge his love for Hank Williams while reflecting on Hurricane Katrina as Soldo's New Orleans-inspired horns add a haunted effect to the tune. Cohen speaks not only for himself, but the ghosts of restless spirits wandering in his vision. "Lullabye"'s lyrics, accompanied by a high lonesome harmonica and a whispering jazz organ, counterintuitively offer a gentle comfort to the disconsolate. "Different Sides," with its slow, loopy groove, is a shuffle that addresses unresolved conflict in lust and law (spiritual and carnal), bringing Old Ideas to a close with an ironic tension. Cohen meets conflict head-on and accepts it for what it is -- you can almost see him simultaneously singing sincerely while slyly winking an eye. Old Ideas is a very good Cohen album; it may be even be a great one; but that doesn't matter in the present. What does is that it bears listening to, over and over (and over) again.

if the rumours are true and if only joe henry........

:dramatic:

a review of the last cohen album 2012's Old Ideas, inolving patrick leonard and Thomas...

While it's not normally a quality one associates with Leonard Cohen, he's always possessed a droll, self-effacing sense of humor. He expresses it on the opening track of Old Ideas in the third person: "I love to speak with Leonard/He's a sportsman and a shepherd/He's a lazy bastard/Living in a suit...." Have no fear, however, Cohen's topical standards, on yearning, struggle, spirituality, love, loss, lust, and mortality are all in abundance here, offered with a poet's insight. It is among Cohen's most spiritual recordings because it brings all of his familiar topics into the fold with a graceful acceptance. He's surrounded by friends on Old Ideas. Patrick Leonard, Dino Soldo, and Anjani Thomas get production and co-writing credits. Sharon Robinson, Dana Glover, Jennifer Warnes, and the Webb Sisters all appear on backing vocals. Cohen mixes up the musical forms far more than he has in the past. The loungey electronic keyboards on "Going Home" are balanced by Glover's female backing chorale, an acoustic piano, and Bela Santelli's violin. The sly, minor-key Gypsy jazz groove on "Amen" is played by a banjo, violin, and Cohen's guitar; it tempers his searing lyric, which posits the notion that the totality of love, divine or otherwise, can only truly be achieved when the object of desire has seen his worst, metaphorically and literally. "Show Me the Place" finds Cohenonce again adopting the Protestant hymnal as stirringly as he did on "Halleluja" -- albeit more quietly -- and wedding it to his simple, direct melodic sensibility. The song is a prayer, not for redemption, but to go ever deeper into the cloud of spiritual unknowing before his demise, to discover the terrain where suffering itself is birthed. Warnes' gorgeous backing vocals, piano, guitar, and violin accompany his beneath-the-basement, cracked-leather baritone in delivering the song with conviction and vulnerability.

Cohen's live band joins him on "Darkness," where he evokes, musically, his love of both late-'40s R&B and gospel, even as he frankly discusses his own -- and everyone's -- entrance into the big goodnight. He also revisits the spartan sound of his early career with "Crazy to Love You," written with Thomas, on which his only accompaniment is his acoustic guitar. Here, he wrestles with an unwanted but nonetheless nagging attachment to erotic desire. "Come Healing" is another hymn, with Glover's vocals, church organ, violin, and Cohen's croaking, old-man-in-the-pew vocal; he sings with reverence: "O see the darkness yielding/That tore the light apart/Come healing of the reason/Come healing of the heart...." "Banjo" is a country-blues that gives the songwriter a chance to indulge his love for Hank Williams while reflecting on Hurricane Katrina as Soldo's New Orleans-inspired horns add a haunted effect to the tune. Cohen speaks not only for himself, but the ghosts of restless spirits wandering in his vision. "Lullabye"'s lyrics, accompanied by a high lonesome harmonica and a whispering jazz organ, counterintuitively offer a gentle comfort to the disconsolate. "Different Sides," with its slow, loopy groove, is a shuffle that addresses unresolved conflict in lust and law (spiritual and carnal), bringing Old Ideas to a close with an ironic tension. Cohen meets conflict head-on and accepts it for what it is -- you can almost see him simultaneously singing sincerely while slyly winking an eye. Old Ideas is a very good Cohen album; it may be even be a great one; but that doesn't matter in the present. What does is that it bears listening to, over and over (and over) again.

if the rumours are true and if only joe henry........

:dramatic:

Hmmm.... let's see... Pat Leonard, Leonard Cohen's girlfriend, Brian Eno and Joe Henry... If adding Madonna's pop sensibilities to the mix is not a Grammy guarantee, I don't know what else would be.

nina+garcia+not+amused.jpg

Guest Not4Pussies

but why she's seeing rappers lately?

Because she and her son are fans. They go to concerts. Doesnt mean shes gonna work with them. She went to go see Kylie in concert and Michelle Branch and Coldplay in the past. Did she work with them?

Ciccone vs. Leonard: A Look Back; The Re-Interpretations LP

1. True Blue [orchestral]

2. Sky Fits Heaven [string quartet]

3. Love Makes the World Go Round [acoustic - in the style of 'Hey You']

4. Like a Flower [studio version, with choir]

5. Live to Tell [piano]

6. Oh Father [banjo version]

7. Pray for Spanish Eyes [orchestral]

8. Frozen [original '97 recording, remastered]

9. Dear Jessie [indian strings]

10. Is This Love? [demo recording, rematered]

11. La Isla Bonita [piano]

12. Like a Prayer [orchestral with choir]

Ciccone vs. Leonard: A Look Back; The Re-Interpretations LP

1. True Blue [orchestral]

2. Sky Fits Heaven [string quartet]

3. Love Makes the World Go Round [acoustic - in the style of 'Hey You']

4. Like a Flower [studio version, with choir]

5. Live to Tell [piano]

6. Oh Father [banjo version]

7. Pray for Spanish Eyes [orchestral]

8. Frozen [original '97 recording, remastered]

9. Dear Jessie [indian strings]

10. Is This Love? [demo recording, rematered]

11. La Isla Bonita [piano]

12. Like a Prayer [orchestral with choir]

I actually love these ideas. :laugh: Bring it on.