1993 NBC interview pre Girlie Show

xtaticboy82

She had every right to have a complete and utter meltdown during this time, but she stayed strong and grew from it. She's about the only celebrity of her stature that hasn't had some sort of mental breakdown. She amazes me in so many ways.

She reminds me of Lisa Kudrow here

:chuckle: I can see that. Funny how they manage to look like each other time and time again. i.e. the Farrah Fawcett curls.

She had every right to have a complete and utter meltdown during this time, but she stayed strong and grew from it. She's about the only celebrity of her stature that hasn't had some sort of mental breakdown. She amazes me in so many ways.

Totally. And that's the reason she still gets a hard time because she didn't back down or have a breakdown to get sympathy. She just got on with it. People say she did damage control with Bedtime Stories and the ballad and Evita years. So what, she did it with the music not some fake ass insincere on woe is me attention seeking.

The journalist were kinda rude with his questions and Madonna seemed vulnerable, it's weird to me hear that voice from her, very soft and childish, i know that she really worked non-stop from 83-93 so i get why she didn't tour with BS and also why she moved to Miami and the nightlife, she want it to relax and chill out.

I love this interviews from the 90's, keep them coming.

I need her to sing again Bad Girl, Rescue Me or Take a Bow on tour, at least one of them, please.

She looks cute and happy. I really admire that strength in her because I dont thnk any star went through such a blacklash as she did around that time till the mid 94.

Absolutely beautiful. If I didn't know any better about what was going on with her career at this time, I would say she was perfectly at ease and everything was hunky dory...and to her, I guess it was. And like she said, as long as she remains true to herself, that's all that matters. This is the quality that I admire the most. Everyone can learn a lot from her values and ethics...contrary to what they may think.

I know not many are appreciative of her Erotica era looks. But I love this one in particular. Very business woman. Very head accountant. Very long island ice tea.

Guest Pud Whacker

Totally. And that's the reason she still gets a hard time because she didn't back down or have a breakdown to get sympathy. She just got on with it. People say she did damage control with Bedtime Stories and the ballad and Evita years. So what, she did it with the music not some fake ass insincere on woe is me attention seeking.

:clap:

Madonna just looks incredibly beautiful in that interview. Her skin is perfect and she really has the most beautiful eyes.

I also love the way she talks. As others have mentioned, she was going through a huge backlash that was brutal. Yet no whinging, playing a victim or regretting things. I loved her comment on not worrying about fan's thoughts on her aging but just being true to herself. That is exactly how she has lived her life. She is one of a kind and I don't think we will ever see another star who can interest people for 30 years like Madonna can.

This is BEFORE the backla-shit really hit the fan. Her interviews for "Body of Evidence" were all happy and giddy, but once the movie came out and got eviscerated, she soured up and started acting out (see: Letterman, David). In the "Girlie Show" interview with Juliet Hohnen (?), you can tell just how much toll the backlash had taken on her.

She looked and sounded fab. and didn't give off ANY indications of wear/tear from the backlash that was rapidly accelerating right at this time. I def. agree...her demeanor through it all only fueled people to piss on her more 'cause throughout that period she acted bulletproof... like she didn't give 1/2 a shit, confident and as poised as ever. People wanted her to have a meltdown, turn to drugs, rehab, apologize etc etc.and she NEVER caved. Her way of doing damage control was simply toning it down w/ BS, STR and Evita yet never admitting she made bad biz decisions. Now, that 'period' turned into something legendary/notorious and only made people respect her more that she was so strong. It def. aged like fine wine. Still, '93 into mid '94 was *positively* the most brutal year/period. To this day I clearly remember how vicious and severe the 'backlash' was. There was nothing like it before or since w/ ANYone :#. Gaga could sit totally naked in Time Square while picking her nose, doing lines a blow, fingering herself and taking Cacas all over the place and she STILL wouldn't get the daily slashings that M got during that 93/94 period <rolling eyes>

Thx for posting it!!

Stunningly beautiful, poised, intelligent and uninterested in other people's projecting onto her

A woman who truly earned her fame and refused to get swallowed up by it once she attained it. Smart is an understatement. And again this was the Erotica era. Makes the controversies of today seem scandalous-LITE. The grilling she received from the media and a certain part of society would have made any other person enjoying a similar status quit for good after 5 mins of it

She did have that moment during the London show of GST as heard in the radio broadcast where she cried after La Isla. She said something like "that was totally worth getting beaten up by the press for a year," or something along those lines.

She did have that moment during the London show of GST as heard in the radio broadcast where she cried after La Isla. She said something like "that was totally worth getting beaten up by the press for a year," or something along those lines.

I remember reading interviews with Madonna in which she addressed why she does not read about herself in the press. Quite early on in her career, she said she cried reading things about herself. She also commented on how the press attention affected her first marriage. Other members here may have the quotes or what interviews they were from. I also know that she has advised so many other stars not to read the press about themselves and concentrate on their lives and careers. Also that she wondered how very young people who become stars coped with the constant criticisms.

This is why she is such a strong intelligent person. People say she does not care what people say about her, but I think at times she would care.. She also said in another interview that after her concert. everyone can tell her it was wonderful but if one person comments on not liking it, she remembers that comment. She is not some sort of machine who has no feelings, just does not run around playing a victim. She removes herself from that situation by not reading it and therefore does not let it worry her. Such a smart thing to do. If other celebrities followed her advice, they would be much happier but very few seem to be able to do it.

Thx for posting it!!

Stunningly beautiful, poised, intelligent and uninterested in other people's projecting onto her

A woman who truly earned her fame and refused to get swallowed up by it once she attained it. Smart is an understatement. And again this was the Erotica era. Makes the controversies of today seem scandalous-LITE. The grilling she received from the media and a certain part of society would have made any other person enjoying a similar status quit for good after 5 mins of it

:rotfl: didn't that conservative whore do Paula Jones' PR?

Imagine if they had the reality tv trend back then.

'The Real Clinton Whores of Washington DC'

Season three with new cast member Monica Lewinsky would have been ratings gold...

monica-lewinsky-coffee-single_0.png

Paula would have provided the best bitch-slap moments and cat fights!

paula_jones.jpg

5d958dc4c688e0156ed85d7a31e34c1b.jpg

For what it's worth I would have totally loved to be a Clinton whore! I'd suck on his cigar anyday… well back in '93 that is.

Paula would have provided the best bitch-slap moments and cat fights!

paula_jones.jpg

5d958dc4c688e0156ed85d7a31e34c1b.jpg

For what it's worth I would have totally loved to be a Clinton whore! I'd suck on his cigar anyday… well back in '93 that is.

She's got a severe case of the Lady Starlight nose

Thx for posting it!!

:rotfl:

Didn't that conservative whore do Paula Jones' PR?

What a faux uptight, begging-for-cock condesecending cow really :rotfl:

WAP98042605.jpg