I miss Madonna

Plaything

Don't you just wanna say München? :lol:

I do too :lol: We're just being correct and using the english = international expression ;)

Some German expressions sound horrible and are so complicated that saying them in Chinese wouldn't be such a difficult thing to do either lol...But I don't think that can be said about our cities, they sound fine as they are...

Munich is great, but I rather fancy Frankfurt. No I really do, I love skyscrapers and everything. And then there's the huge airport lol

I do too :lol: We're just being correct and using the english = international expression ;)

Munich is great, but I rather fancy Frankfurt. No I really do, I love skyscrapers and everything. And then there's the huge airport lol

Yeah Munich is prettier but Frankfurt is 'cooler'.

In my head Northern Germany is cool hipsters and transient while Southern Germany is just people who lived there since time began and love being sausage eating, bear drinking Bavarians. In my imagination Northern Germans have the better jawlines and the perfect v at the base of their abdomen while southern Germans have perfect genitalia and arms. :dead: Oh and I could say Dragan fine. Is Dragana the feminine? I love German words like manchmal. Ein ei. Geradeaus. Entschuldigung. Wissenschaft. I mean Wissenschaft is such a cool word. :wow: It's holding onto a long forgotten heritage.

In my head Northern Germany is cool hipsters and transient while Southern Germany is just people who lived there since time began and love being sausage eating, bear drinking Bavarians. In my imagination Northern Germans have the better jawlines and the perfect v at the base of their abdomen while southern Germans have perfect genitalia and arms. :dead: Oh and I could say Dragan fine. Is Dragana the feminine? I love German words like manchmal. Ein ei. Geradeaus. Entschuldigung. Wissenschaft. I mean Wissenschaft is such a cool word. :wow: It's holding onto a long forgotten heritage.

What about the middle of Germany? That's where my city is located. And yes, Dragana is the feminine of Dragan. It means 'precious'. ;)

Well, your imagination is not THAT far from the truth :lol:

Although the conservative/traditional lifestyle and obsessive beer drinking stuff only really applies to Bavaria, and that makes up a bit more than the half of South Germany. For example there's still Baden-Württemberg where those clichés don't apply at all and people there are more..."normal" :lol:

Ah ok. I met a lady bearing the name once. The middle of Germany is stuck in a quandary. They don't know whether to go for the sausage of the South of the drug raves at the Berghain. :lol: German people are so nice! I RARELY meet a horrible Deutsch bürger. :lol: Sometimes they can be a bit perverted or robotic but that's what I love about them. :dead:

Well, your imagination is not THAT far from the truth :lol:

Although the conservative/traditional lifestyle and obsessive bear drinking stuff only really applies to Bavaria, and that makes up a bit more than the half of South Germany. For example there's still Baden-Württemberg where those clichés don't apply at all and people there are more..."normal" :lol:

I love tradition. Is it true that a Konditorei can be closed down if it doesn't follow the correct Schwarzwälder kirschtort recipe (not sure on spelling)? :lol: I love Kirsch. Oh I'm in a real Germany mood and I have no idea why! :lmao: I need to learn how to talk dirty in German. Well, not dirty. Not exceptionally dirty...just like regular dirty.

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't pay attention to the tv and media anymore, so i don't care what celebs they are talking about. If Bieber slept with a hooker or if Miley stuck her tongue out, I could really care less. I don't pay attention to that nonsense. But thanks to the internet and this forum, I feel like I get a large dose of Madonna everyday. So she has yet to go missing in my life.

tumblr_m9nnsvGj2v1rvxmc5.gif

Guest Not4Pussies

her music is always playing for me. i like that she is taking time off and doing her thing.

i even like the fact that she hasn't been on every single magazine cover lately and for MDNA promo

it's kind of punk rock. people dont get sick of her.

I love tradition. Is it true that a Konditorei can be closed down if it doesn't follow the correct Schwarzwälder kirschtort recipe (not sure on spelling)? :lol: I love Kirsch. Oh I'm in a real Germany mood and I have no idea why! :lmao: I need to learn how to talk dirty in German. Well, not dirty. Not exceptionally dirty...just like regular dirty.

Ah ok. I met a lady bearing the name once. The middle of Germany is stuck in a quandary. They don't know whether to go for the sausage of the South of the drug raves at the Berghain. :lol: German people are so nice! I RARELY meet a horrible Deutsch bürger. :lol: Sometimes they can be a bit perverted or robotic but that's what I love about them. :dead:

Sausage isn't even such a trademark of the South though, I don't even think it's much more popular here than in the North. Actually, I don't know anyone who likes sausage :lol: It's really just the beer and the dirndl :lol:

Oh, I don't think we're the friendliest bunch of people in Europe, although you certainly find much less unfriendly people among the younger or more unconventional people.

I think that thing with the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte rather sounds a bit too much cliched ;)

Talking dirty? Haha, it's not the most beautiful language in that aspect ;)

So you've been to Germany? Which cities/regions?

I've never REALLY been to Germany. Only travelled through. Of course I'm gonna go to Berlin and I have friends there but I wanna see some other places too. I don't wanna be like those foreigners who think that London is where England starts and ends. :lol: I love German as a language and Prussia was pretty cool. I guess I feel connected to it more than I do the Latin/Eastern European countries because...well I just am. Although I love Italy (just don't tell Vande that I said that). :lol: Where have you traveled to?

I've never REALLY been to Germany. Only travelled through. Of course I'm gonna go to Berlin and I have friends there but I wanna see some other places too. I don't wanna be like those foreigners who think that London is where England starts and ends. :lol: I love German as a language and Prussia was pretty cool. I guess I feel connected to it more than I do the Latin/Eastern European countries because...well I just am. Although I love Italy (just don't tell Vande that I said that). :lol: Where have you traveled to?

Berlin is better than nothing. Actually, it's the centre of the country where everything and everyone comes together, and certainly not only Germans. But as a Londoner, I'm sure you must know anyway.

I've travelled to quite a lot of places, I love travelling! I love everything about it, starting with the flights. Besides most European capitals and metropolises, I've been to some North African countries like Egypt and this year, I've travelled to Dubai - which certainly is one of the most fascinating places ever (chelle will tell you the same) - and also California. I know you really want to go there, but be aware, LA is quite a shithole. No really it is, the areas around Hollywood and Beverly Hills are certainly nice and everything, but besides those it's just really a huge, neverending, unattractive city. Kinda like Houston or Dallas, just twice as huge and without the remarkable suburban character. San Francisco is the place to be! What a wonderful city. Oh and of course the landscapes, which make California so beautiful!

I'm currently saving as hell so I can afford to go to NYC in 1 or 2 years. You know it's my dream city! It's THE city. The skyscrapers, the buzz, the people. The centre of the world!

Oh well, sorry for derailing your thread, Zdarlight ;)

omg, David Hasselhoff? NO! He just went to #1 with "Looking For Freedom" because he performed it on THE DAMN WALL in Berlin (like Gaga). He kept Like A Prayer from #1 by the way. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WHAT!? :americanlife:

Berlin is better than nothing. Actually, it's the centre of the country where everything and everyone comes together, and certainly not only Germans. But as a Londoner, I'm sure you must know anyway.

I've travelled to quite a lot of places, I love travelling! I love everything about it, starting with the flights. Besides most European capitals and metropolises, I've been to some North African countries like Egypt and this year, I've travelled to Dubai - which certainly is one of the most fascinating places ever (chelle will tell you the same) - and also California. I know you really want to go there, but be aware, LA is quite a shithole. No really it is, the areas around Hollywood and Beverly Hills are certainly nice and everything, but besides those it's just really a huge, neverending, unattractive city. Kinda like Houston or Dallas, just twice as huge and without the remarkable suburban character. San Francisco is the place to be! What a wonderful city. Oh and of course the landscapes, which make California so beautiful!

I'm currently saving as hell so I can afford to go to NYC in 1 or 2 years. You know it's my dream city! It's THE city. The skyscrapers, the buzz, the people. The centre of the world!

Save some more and you can pay for me to live with you in NYC. We'll take over the city. :-)

Cheers to that!