Immaculate Collection back on iTunes for purchase

Elysium

Apologies if I'm a bit late for the party here but I've recently noticed that M's holy grail, The Immaculate Collection, is back on iTunes available to purchase. I believe this was removed from iTunes for a while to boost sales for her 2009 'Celebration - Greatest Hits' collection. Has anyone else noticed that the mixes for Lucky Star, Borderline and La Isla Bonita are different to the mixes included on the original 1990 version of the Immaculate Collection? Or does anyone have any information as to why different mixes of these particular tracks were included on the iTunes version? Also, were they re-recorded in Q-Sound as the others?

About those certain mixes...., from what I recall those mixes were always used on itunes ever since her albums became available on there in 2005. I've never bought them so I can't comment on whether or not they are in qsound. but if i "find" a way to get my hands on those files, I could figure it out.

It's been back on iTunes for some time. Actually, it was back ,and then gone again ,and then back again.

So, yes, you're quite tardy to the party, but nothing ever wrong with talk of The Immaculate Collection.

Apologies if I'm a bit late for the party here but I've recently noticed that M's holy grail, The Immaculate Collection, is back on iTunes available to purchase. I believe this was removed from iTunes for a while to boost sales for her 2009 'Celebration - Greatest Hits' collection. Has anyone else noticed that the mixes for Lucky Star, Borderline and La Isla Bonita are different to the mixes included on the original 1990 version of the Immaculate Collection? Or does anyone have any information as to why different mixes of these particular tracks were included on the iTunes version? Also, were they re-recorded in Q-Sound as the others?

What is different about these mixes?

What is different about these mixes?

They're longer and different to the mixes included on the original IC release. I've only just noticed after buying the iTunes version just recently.

They're longer and different to the mixes included on the original IC release. I've only just noticed after buying the iTunes version just recently.

Ooh. Are they much longer? Do they resemble the original TIC versions?

Ooh. Are they much longer? Do they resemble the original TIC versions?

The Lucky Star remix on the iTunes version of IC is much longer than the one on the original IC (it's 7:19 m/s) - same with Borderline. La Isla Bonita seems to be a different mix but I could be wrong.

There was also the 12" extended mix of Like A Prayer on the original iTunes version of TIC, but it was quickly replaced by the one we all know. I bought the original iTunes album way back when, I'll have to look it up in my backups. It's a few computers ago. If I find it I'll let you know. But the LS and B mixes are the "new mix"es from their 12" singles and LIB is the extended 12". Random, but then again so was releasing the Stereo MC's mix of the Frozen video and the extended remix video for Vogue video.

What the fuck is that fuckery? Is that WArner's tactic so fans will buy the iTunes version?

It's not a bad idea.

But they should have stuck on Who's That Girl on instead.