IMO, These are Madonna's greatest albums

ryan

I'm sorry, but her entire catalog is so immense and diverse. There's a song for every human emotion. She speaks from the heart. Each album is perfectly crafted from beginning to end.

i find it interesting how chronologically, her albums can be grouped into 3's

-the holy trinity

-personal and intimate

-fame/life/introspection

-dissolution of marriage, retrospection

WHERE IS IM BREATHLESS? ITS A STUDIO ALBUM.

and one of her best.

The press releases for all the past albums never counted it as one.

I do love it though. Has one her best album openers ever.

The press releases for all the past albums never counted it as one.

I do love it though. Has one her best album openers ever.

and? those have other errors as well.

exactly.

What a perfect catalogue, no one gets even close! They look so great grouped together, I could stare at it forever. And then there's all that music of life, ahhhh

They really do need to release this montage as a poster, don't they?

q82n.png

I know there's one for The Beatles, and I think MJ too. Her team hasn't put out a poster in retail stores for ages. Get on the ball!

In my opinion, these are Madonna's greatest albums:

q82n.png

Wow, seeing the album covers all lined up just reminds me once again she's one of the greatest artists to have ever graced the earth. I mean, not that I don't know, but such collages always make it the most apparent. What an icon she is, never stopped evolving throughout 30 years.

And although MDNA and Hard Candy do not match the quality of the previously released albums (while certainly not being bad albums, though), they perfectly fit in and round out the collage. Amazing, I feel like worshipping her again :wow::lol:

Wow, seeing the album covers all lined up just reminds me once again she's one of the greatest artists to have ever graced the earth. I mean, not that I don't know, but such collages always make it the most apparent. What an icon she is, never stopped evolving throughout 30 years.

And although MDNA and Hard Candy do not match the quality of the previously released albums (while certainly not being bad albums, though), they perfectly fit in and round out the collage. Amazing, I feel like worshipping her again :wow::lol:

:thumbsup:

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm sorry, but her entire catalog is so immense and diverse. There's a song for every human emotion. She speaks from the heart. Each album is perfectly crafted from beginning to end.

*tear its very true. i love each and everyone of them and each one speaks to me in a different way

COADF helped me deal with my dad's death

MDNA has helped me get over my ex and the mess i was after we broke up

ROL was my coming out album

and AL is the album i most identify with

those are just a few examples

Guest Not4Pussies

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss, whoop, sing that praise!

tumblr_inline_mjmoqxnTPW1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mjmoqxnTPW1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mjmoqxnTPW1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mjmoqxnTPW1qz4rgp.gif

sit your ass down, you dont even like TB and Erotica. love you.

i find it interesting how chronologically, her albums can be grouped into 3's

-the holy trinity

-personal and intimate

-fame/life/introspection

-dissolution of marriage, retrospection

Can you name the three albums in each category please?

theyre chronological gugu

In that case it doesn't make sense at all.

Like a prayer was heavily about the dissolve of marriage and that's just one example. I see more in common between Hard Candy and Madonna than I do with Hard Candy and Confessions. I also see more connection between Confessions as Erotica than I do between Erotica and Like a prayer. I don't think there's any singular pattern between the albums and I'm Breathless should definitely be included when considering her recording career as a whole. As a fan I even feel WTG soundtrack (her parts), something to remember and the new songs featured on the Immaculate collection are so important. While the Evita soundtrack is important in her growth as a performer I don't think it shows growth in her personal writing skills etcetera.

Having said all that...WELL DONE WHOOPIE FOR MAKING A POSITIVE THREAD. It is really refreshing and encouraging to read some love for her. ANY WHORE COMES IN WHINGING ABOUT MDNA AND HARD CANDY'S WRITING WHILE PRAISING DEAR JESSIE THEN IMMA...

In that case it doesn't make sense at all.

Like a prayer was heavily about the dissolve of marriage and that's just one example. I see more in common between Hard Candy and Madonna than I do with Hard Candy and Confessions. I also see more connection between Confessions as Erotica than I do between Erotica and Like a prayer. I don't think there's any singular pattern between the albums and I'm Breathless should definitely be included when considering her recording career as a whole. As a fan I even feel WTG soundtrack (her parts), something to remember and the new songs featured on the Immaculate collection are so important. While the Evita soundtrack is important in her growth as a performer I don't think it shows growth in her personal writing skills etcetera.

Having said all that...WELL DONE WHOOPIE FOR MAKING A POSITIVE THREAD. It is really refreshing and encouraging to read some love for her. ANY WHORE COMES IN WHINGING ABOUT MDNA AND HARD CANDY'S WRITING WHILE PRAISING DEAR JESSIE THEN IMMA...

It's just my opinion. This is an open forum, you have your opinion, and I have mine. No one is right or wrong.

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue=mega hits galore

Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories=Very personal. She starts with LAP where it's the first time on an album where she gets personal. She does this again with BS. Erotica is almost of a conglomerate of the two, but more about her current state of mind.

Ray of Light, Music, and American Life=She reflects on life and fame

Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA=I see these as a trilogy. Listen to HC and MDNA back to back then go back to COAD. She was confessing on COAD; she wasn't happy. HU isn't just some silly dance # that took her 5 mins to write in the back of the limo. She's fed up with her relationship and she needs an escape (read the writings in the special edition, it explains everything). She was rediscovering who was she was, she was beginning to remove the layers of clothing she had covered herself with throughout her marriage. HC had a lot of personal moments (moreso with the outtakes), more of a confessional than HC. It's interesting how originally in 'Is This Love' she still has hope that her marriage could work out. Yet in the reworked version that is 'Voices,' there is no hope, and she's okay with that. That relationship was meant to end, and it was going to end. The sound of the bell at the end of the song signifies the end of her marriage. And is it a coincidence or not that the beginning of the MDNA tour starts with a bell? Voices into MDNA is prob one of her greatest transitions in music.

Again, it's just my theory and how I see it. :)